Credit Card Debt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all cool though....this has helped me really narrow down my collection to those pieces that are important to me. I no longer have to have them all....:lol and I'm quite happy being very selective. Then when I do get something it's all the more precious to me.

Yeah, that was the best part of selling everything. I got rid of a lot of stuff I don't miss. As you know, it is quite liberating...

Yeah, that was the best part of selling everything. I got rid of a lot of stuff I don't miss. As you know, it is quite liberating...

See my problem is I would miss each and every piece of my collection. Right up to my stupid taco bell Jar Jar Frisbee. LOL! I don't think I could part with anything.

yeah debit card for me also, If I can't afford it when it's shipping then it gets cancelled

I know if started putting by collecting onto credit then I'd get myself in a mess :lol

Yeah, that is what I do too. I have enough debt as it is, not a lot... but all over the place. So this keeps me from going too far over. :lol

When you purchase things on credit, youre just enslaving yourself.

I'm not talkin about paying the card off every month. I'm talking about buying things you really cant afford.

Its a tough ditch to get out of when you get in deep.

I agree with the member who said CC debt is for f'in losers. Add up what you paid for the item, then did back through your statements and add all the monthly insterest you've been payin. You may find the the KOTD statue you bought really cost as much as a Rog! :google

That should be motivation enough!

Never carried a balance on my CC. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it.

We'll see how long I can keep up that rule with a mortgage to pay all by myself :monkey3

When you purchase things on credit, youre just enslaving yourself.

I'm not talkin about paying the card off every month. I'm talking about buying things you really cant afford.

Its a tough ditch to get out of when you get in deep.

I agree with the member who said CC debt is for f'in losers. Add up what you paid for the item, then did back through your statements and add all the monthly insterest you've been payin. You may find the the KOTD statue you bought really cost as much as a Rog! :google

That should be motivation enough!

You must realize that some people here are not in cc debt due to collectibles so there is no reason to call everyone a f'in loser that has debt. It's rude and kinda pisses me off a tad.

Debt in general could/should be avoided.

Aside from debt to go to school and a mortgage, its a scam by the "man" to make you consume more than you are in a place to.

I do use credit to ease the purchase of things, such as a fridge so I can extend the payments over say 6 months. But I make sure those payments have an end goal of entirely being paid off...

Some people use debt to accumulate more possessions than they need and don't use it cautiously or with a plan of paying things off. Thats a loser.

Some people use debt to accumulate more possessions than they need and don't use it cautiously or with a plan of paying things off. Thats a loser.

I also think calling them losers is a little harsh. I purchased pieces I really couldn't afford, but figured I would have them all paid off in 2-3 months time. Then I got hit with about $2000 in dental bills, my car got totalled while I had it parked in front of my building and my rent was raised. So, unfortunately, **** happens and we make do the best we can and keep plugging away at that debt until one day it is gone. I buy a few pieces now, but I don't put them on credit....but yeah, I could use that money to make a bigger CC payment, but considering how much I've cut back, I think I deserve a treat now and then. :cool:

:lol "Only $6,000 a year"

Yep. Laugh if you want, but even at that, I feel like I have to be really careful about what I want. I don't collect Gentle Giant, Bowen, Diamond, any of the the 1/6 stuff, hardly anything but Sideshow, Moore, and Hard Hero and only certain lines of those. :monkey2

And I don't think you can blame individuals for all the credit problems. I had American Express call me more than once and encourage me to put a new car purchase on their Amex. What kind of f'ing marketing is that? When you can get a car loan for less than 5% but they are encouraging you to put it on for something like 13%? :emperor

I also think calling them losers is a little harsh. I purchased pieces I really couldn't afford, but figured I would have them all paid off in 2-3 months time. Then I got hit with about $2000 in dental bills, my car got totalled while I had it parked in front of my building and my rent was raised. So, unfortunately, **** happens and we make do the best we can and keep plugging away at that debt until one day it is gone. I buy a few pieces now, but I don't put them on credit....but yeah, I could use that money to make a bigger CC payment, but considering how much I've cut back, I think I deserve a treat now and then. :cool:

Yep.... LIFE happens. :lol

And that thing called life can F you up more than collectible costs and whatever else. Once that happens, everything goes to Hell for a bit... including the ability to pay for stuff. I totally understand this. Happens to us all.

I whole heartely agree. The system is designed to milk people for all the money they can and play us like fools.

And thats what I'm saying. Don't be played like a fool, people.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I don't mean it as an insult to anyone, but instead as a motivational factor not to be sucked into the con game that is cc's. And for anyone already in to get them to come out.

reading all these posts about people canceling their orders. maybe the board should be called 'recovering sideshow freaks'? addiction is a nasty thing! :rotfl

I went to graduate school and followed a girl to Europe on credit cards, so when I got out of school I had some crushing debt. I finally got out from under it a few years ago and have mostly been able to support my habit by only buying with a debit card. If the money's not there - I can't have it.

I went to graduate school and followed a girl to Europe on credit cards, so when I got out of school I had some crushing debt.

Stalker....

But yeah, debt should be avoided. And sadly enough for me I have college during spring and fall with only $500 for each semester so I've had to cancel a lot. But luckily for next semester I pretty much have everything paid for so I can get some extra money for stuff along with my tax return, that all will help for the Frodo/Sam and Palpatine.

Back