Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite behind in this line, Only went up to Black Canary
I know Batgirl, Powergirl, Harley & Poison Ivy were after, but who else did I miss after them?

DC Direct always leaves collectors hanging by starting a line of statues then canceling it before we get who we want. They've done this with several different lines.

BB

Picked up my Starfire last week, beautiful sculpt let down by some very sloppy paintwork (even by DC Direct's recent standards)

I noticed she was in stock at BBTS last night and was wondering if anyone got her. My Poison Ivy had some problems too. I wonder how consistent the issues are, because I still kinda want this one.

I noticed she was in stock at BBTS last night and was wondering if anyone got her. My Poison Ivy had some problems too. I wonder how consistent the issues are, because I still kinda want this one.
I know some people have complained about the feet pegs not fitting but mine were perfect, so maybe the quality control is hit & miss? I was looking at Zatanna when taking pics and she's absolutely flawless; I wish DC had taken that much care with every character.

I didn't see any kind of paint problems until Harley, but they were extremely minor. They were much more apparent on Ivy. I also skipped Power Girl, Supergirl, and Hawkgirl so I can't say for sure. I know Batgirl was a mess.

It does suck that they let this go to hell. It was one of the best lines they ever produced (probably only second to the Batman Black & White line).

All my cover girls are really good QC wise.

Although I buy mine at a brick and mortar store and the owner lets me open them up to take a look before I buy.

Picked up my Starfire last week, beautiful sculpt let down by some very sloppy paintwork (even by DC Direct's recent standards)

I have to say, she turned out better than I expected. I really dodn't know what the pose (holding her hair) would look like.

she won't be one of my all-time favourites from the line, but I don't hate it either.

Mine should arrive tomorrow - looking forward to it's arrival now.

Mine should be here today. I figured to get her since she is the last of the Cheap-O ones. Raven goes up in price, although considering the lack of interest I should be able to get her for a reasonable price down the line, since I kinda love the pose and the sculpted the hell outta her cape

Got Starfire today and I'm very happy with her. Too bad this line is all but dead.:monkey2

0332c575.jpg

9bf84548.jpg

Last edited:
Back