Count Dooku PF @ SDCC 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when does Lucas make things better?

330.jpg

:D

Yeah, this piece doesn't have a great likeness which I am hoping is more about the paint job and not the sculpt. The paint can be fixed. All in all, I love the pose and stature. It may not look like Lee, but it somehow looks like Dooku anyway since there have been some animated and comic versions of him. I would love to see this next to my Exc. Asajj PF (who also represents no living actor), but it was really that $50 hike in price with no exclusive that killed it.

Sideshow is suffering from success. The more prolific they are, the more they think they can charge. And for a while it looked like they were getting away with it, but I am starting to see lots of Exclusives coming available on the site these days because people can no longer afford them come the time to pay. Maybe the economy will help adjust Sideshow's pricing habits without putting them out of business.

I'm already passed this piece not having a precise Christopher Lee likeness. It captures the character well and to me that is the most important aspect. Much like the ANH Han Solo PF who's fingers are tickling the handle of his blaster. It may not look just like Harrison Ford, but it's undeniably Han Solo. This regal Sith is undeniably Count Dooku.
-theropod

I would have preferred a 1:6 scale Dooku.
Who has this type of cash to throw around at this point it time?
I certainly don't

This prototype rocks from the neck down... Obvious pass, unless they re-work the head.

Sideshow is suffering from success. The more prolific they are, the more they think they can charge. And for a while it looked like they were getting away with it, but I am starting to see lots of Exclusives coming available on the site these days because people can no longer afford them come the time to pay. Maybe the economy will help adjust Sideshow's pricing habits without putting them out of business.
i agree with this entire statement and have been feeling this way since they started hiking up the prices in their 1/6 lines. doing that puts them in direct competition with the other companies that before were in a different price category. i'm still getting this because i happen to like Dooku and hoping that this will get cleaned up a bit before production.

Wait until people see that Diamond Select's upcoming 1/4 Dooku figure has a better Christopher Lee likeness.

I'm serious... they show the unpainted sculpt in the new issue of PREVIEWS and it's better than the PF. :(

Wait until people see that Diamond Select's upcoming 1/4 Dooku figure has a better Christopher Lee likeness.

I'm serious... they show the unpainted sculpt in the new issue of PREVIEWS and it's better than the PF. :(

Have we seen an unpainted sculpt for his yet? Sideshow is notorious for unflattering images. The KOTCS Indy is a great example where the sculpt is great, but the images terrible.

If this thing doesn't move better for me, I like it but not enough to order direct but if it lulls and drops in price significantly on the secondary market I'll pick it up. :D

dooku and chris lee are among my favorite sw characters and actors. no sw collection can be complete without dooku represented and
i really want to get this pf but it has 3 strikes against it:

does the pf and sculpt accurately represent the character as seen in the movie? no, not for my $300. Strike 1

does the pf have a cool exclusive that adds to the display and ties into character? no exclusive? say what? Strike 2

does the pf have a cool light up saber feature that every previous sith and jedi pf has had at the very least? cue the chirping crickets. Strike 3

until these issues are clarified by sideshow i cannot bring myself to buy this. at the very least it should look more like dooku/lee and his saber should light up.

Back