Count Dooku PF @ SDCC 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if it really costs them $300 to produce this PF. I'm not interested.. it's "good enough" like the Gandalf the White, but I'd still take the latter of the two.

Pass for me....another plastic saber and unless the figure is absolutely SPOT ON from now on I won't be buying. Just cannot afford to spend that sort of money on something that I kind of like or think is just 'ok'.

How is it that the tiny head on the diorama piece has a much, MUCH better Christopher Lee likeness? This looks like a dude cosplaying as Dooku at some convention. Even from the different angles, the face is clearly off. Yikes. :monkey2 I guess you can say it has the "essence" of the character, but if I wanted that I'd just get a Hasbro fig. From Sideshow I expect a life-like sculpt of the actor/character. Here's hoping the eventual 1/6 figure is a much better representation.

I am one of the first people to say if something doesn't look right. See my posts in the KOTS Indy thread.

However, I don't see how people can say the likeness is off with this statue. I really cant. :dunno

The material on him looks really fancy and up-scale. If I collected 1:4 I would be all over it.

However, I don't see how people can say the likeness is off with this statue. I really cant. :dunno

I don't know, dude. I'm usually fairly forgiving, but this one is lost on me. I keep looking at the pictures on the site, hoping that flash or bad paint is spoiling this. I guess if I squint...and squint some more...and close my eyes and picture Christopher Lee in my head... and... pretend this looks like him... nah, not happening. I think we need to see an unpainted sculpt on this one. I'm just not seeing Lee's very specific features here. :(

Sometimes I think collectible likenesses are like art and not everyone sees it the same. To me it looks off, and I'm not overly picky either. The clothes just don't seem right either. It's not horrible, just not as good as I had hoped. Had this come out earlier in the line I think I would have been more pleased, but after some of the awesome sculpts and outfits that have come out in recently released items, this one just doesn't stack up. Still I may get it since it not as good as I hoped, but I don't think its bad either. One nice thing about not having an exclusive is it gives me longer to decide what to do.

How is it that the tiny head on the diorama piece has a much, MUCH better Christopher Lee likeness? This looks like a dude cosplaying as Dooku at some convention. Even from the different angles, the face is clearly off. Yikes. :monkey2 I guess you can say it has the "essence" of the character, but if I wanted that I'd just get a Hasbro fig.

Actually, Hasbro's $20 Dooku 12" (that came out 7 years ago) has a better likeness than this!

:confused:

I am one of the first people to say if something doesn't look right. See my posts in the KOTS Indy thread.

I'm sometimes in that boat, but on this one I can see how that statement is being made.

Actually, Hasbro's $20 Dooku 12" (that came out 7 years ago) has a better likeness than this!

:confused:

I agree, I REALLY thought this was going to be a home run, especially after the Yoda vs. Dooku one. Dooku looked great in that one. I have to say I like the pose,but what happened? I wonder if this is another case like the Hot Toys Cane character , with the whole John Hurt likeness mumbo jumbo??

I agree, I REALLY thought this was going to be a home run, especially after the Yoda vs. Dooku one. Dooku looked great in that one. I have to say I like the pose,but what happened? I wonder if this is another case like the Hot Toys Cane character , with the whole John Hurt likeness mumbo jumbo??

I do like the pose on this PF a lot, as well as the quality of the materials used for the clothing and the life-like paint on the skin. But, honestly, any and all positives end right there. Bad, bad likeness and inaccuracy in the costuming kill this thing. And that's before you even get to the apparent lack of light-up saber and jaw-dropping price tag. Sideshow is going to feel the pinch on this one.

Back