CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the most recent order placed that has been hit?
or does anybody know the exact time/day CSC switched credit card processing companies?

they'd probably let you change the pre-order to pay pal. i think it's just when you card is charged but i could very well be wrong because DCFett has stated that some cards not charge in 8 months have been stolen.

i haven't heard of any been stolen that have never been charged. if the pre-order doesn't come in for a couple of weeks then i would wait a couple more days before deciding.

I called about a preorder I made and they said if my card had not been charged yet, I should be okay. Is this true? I really am tempted to cancel my preorder and tell them I'll pay the cancellation fee through Paypal. Then cancel my card.

I really cant say as it seems like if you've ordered from them in the past, let's say year, you may be exposed. Right now I only know personally of folks getting hit that have dealt with CSC back to 8 months ago. I dont know what the exposure is for folks who have never ordered or ordered more than 8 months ago but have preorders in to CSC. My brother has only preorders with CSC in the last 6 months and no recent orders at all and was still exposed. My exposure came when CSC preauthorized the Ser. 7 DCUC

I called about a preorder I made and they said if my card had not been charged yet, I should be okay. Is this true? I really am tempted to cancel my preorder and tell them I'll pay the cancellation fee through Paypal. Then cancel my card.

I would think any cancellation fees should be waived due to this "anomaly".

whats the most recent order placed that has been hit?
or does anybody know the exact time/day CSC switched credit card processing companies?

csc has been answering over on this thread https://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=57772&start=45

better their words then mine but i think one issue may be that csc was under the understanding that the breach was limited to a short time but some people outside of that time frame seem to have been hit so if you did get hit please let him know the time and details. he states it in one of his posts.

I have emailed him within the last hour and have got a response. This is a nightmare and must be a big friggin pain for him. He's already in a "disposable income" business in the "Great Contracton" and now this. Gotta be hard.

crap.

i've ordered from them several times in the last few months.. right around that time frame too.

it's on my debit.. but i'm watching it closely.

Technology sucks sometimes..

sorry to everyone who has been compromised. hopefully i'll escape this. :sick

they'd probably let you change the pre-order to pay pal. i think it's just when you card is charged but i could very well be wrong because DCFett has stated that some cards not charge in 8 months have been stolen.

i haven't heard of any been stolen that have never been charged. if the pre-order doesn't come in for a couple of weeks then i would wait a couple more days before deciding.

You're right, they would let you pay for the preorder some other way. Cancelled my card, keeping the preorder.

I really cant say as it seems like if you've ordered from them in the past, let's say year, you may be exposed. Right now I only know personally of folks getting hit that have dealt with CSC back to 8 months ago. I dont know what the exposure is for folks who have never ordered or ordered more than 8 months ago but have preorders in to CSC. My brother has only preorders with CSC in the last 6 months and no recent orders at all and was still exposed. My exposure came when CSC preauthorized the Ser. 7 DCUC

I agree, which is why I took the safe route. The thing is, in the letter from them, Thomas clearly states if your order was "placed or processed" which to me sounds like preorders could count.

I would think any cancellation fees should be waived due to this "anomaly".

Talked to them today and they said they would still charge the 15% fee. In any case better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Kind of a stupid question but is Paypal going to be affected by this? My brother did a pre-order with them but paid with paypal. He was getting a refund from the but I hope they didn't hack his account.

Kind of a stupid question but is Paypal going to be affected by this? My brother did a pre-order with them but paid with paypal. He was getting a refund from the but I hope they didn't hack his account.

I would guess not, but I seriously am ONLY going to use Money Order when dealing with CSC. Their info so far has not flowed with what people on the Fwoosh are saying, as a lot of them were not even charged and still were affected. I just don't know where the problem really originated from.

After we get a new card , should we update the card info with CSC or just cancel the Pre orders? Is it safe to use them, What is everyone doing?

After we get a new card , should we update the card info with CSC or just cancel the Pre orders? Is it safe to use them, What is everyone doing?

I don't know if they fixed the problem yet, so I would say no. But don't refrain from using them as an etailer, I would just use Money Order. Better to be safe than sorry I always say.

Did you guys save your card info on their site? Or did you enter it each time...when I put my order with them, I never saved my card info...always just entered it each time.

The same thing happened with me. About a week and a half ago I got the $1.00 itunes charge and immediately looked it up on the internet. I found a website where other people were reporting the scam that started with the fake $1.00 itunes charge. I had to cancel my debit card and am still waiting for my new one to come in.

I don't think it's right to charge people the 15% cancellation fee if they decide to cancel their pre-orders after this fiasco. I think I'm done dealing with Cornerstorecomics.

I just called and had new cards issued as I had used them during that time frame. They didn't see anything yet so they suggested I just get new cards issued just in case. Thanks for posting and I would suggest anyone who ordered during that time to do the same. It's easier that calling or getting online to check each day.

I ordered lost and She predator during the 20% off sale on 3/9. Just check my AmEx statement and nothing strange yet.

I really hope nothing happens either because I just had to cancel my Visa card for a fraud alert (which may or may not be related to CSC), this would leave me with no credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back