CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee, thanks for putting this up.
Thomas, good guy as he is, seems to have some misinformation. My card was hit and the flood gates opened with HIS preauthorization process. No other activity was on the account for a few days before him and I dont use the card for more than him and AOL, so he's the "k" (constant) in this equation, if you will, for all those affected. He's the Nth degree of seperation at this point, so there is no denying that fact. Out of everyone reporting on all sites, NO ONE (that I've seen) is saying "I never ordered from CSC but have been hit in the last few days". So, the proof, as it were, is in the pudding!

Damnit i just got off the phone with them and they got the Batpods in stock today but I at least saw nothing on my CC statement that I did not know about. either way once the payment goes through I'll get rid of my card

My card company denied their charge. It would seem that their "preauthorization" process is also opening the valve OR they have been flagged by the CC companies already as a fraudulent etailer. FYI

Damn sorry to hear about this, I ordered pred 1 from there this year but I used paypal
yahoo_phew.gif

I too was contacted from My CC this morning asking for approval regarding a CornerStoreComics purchase. I told them that is was ok to let the purchase go through cause I order from them. I then sign on to this forum and see this thread :eek: So I began to worry that maybe I let an unauthorized purchase go through. But I then called CornerStoreComics and they said that the Batpod had come in and that is what was charged. So im really hoping that my card didn't get hacked into. Close eyes will be kept on my CC that is for sure.

Hmm, anyone who ordered the green vega affected?

Last edited:
i have hot toys predator on pre-order, so should i cancel??

Not sure as even folks who have ordered in the past, no recent CSC activity, seem to be exposed to this. It's just not a good situation. :monkey4

well they do have a charge policy for canceling pre-orders so it might be cheaper to just cancel the card and get a new one. i think the cards are only at risk once csc charges them (which means if your pre-order is months away it might be fixed by then) but i might be wrong.

thats pretty hurting for business. have most people cancelled their pre-orders?

Im changing mine to pick and going in to pay cash. I dont know really. Some people are saying that they are okay, but most are not.

well the charge for my Batpod went through and is in route to me I guess i'll pay off the card tomorrow then cancel it. so far no other out of the ordinary transactionsother than mine that i know of.

Just got a call from my bank. Somebody made unauthorized purchases for airline tickets and to hostway.com. Don't know if it's related but I've purchased from CSC recently. Anyway, they reversed the charges and canceled the card and are issuing me a new one.

No weird charges on my Debit Card luckily. I'm not going to cancel it because my last purchase with CSC was at the beginning of January. However I do have the Iron Man Mark III pre-ordered with them and that will be charged later this month. Hopefully they get this whole thing worked out by then. I'll send them an email sometime this week.

thank god i used paypal to check out when I ordered my TDK figures. whew...

I got hit hard late last year. Didn't know whether or not it had to do with a purchase I made around that time with CSC or what. Fact is, monitor all of your transactions. I had to discontinue the use of my debit card the 1st week of November because of hacking. Somebody decided to charge $1 at a time 18x. It caught my banks attention. They flagged and stopped any transactions on that card. I found out when I tried to use my debit card to pay for an oil change.

Man, I was gonna order from them last weekend during their 20% off sale. I guess I'm glad I didn't. At any rate, I'm sorry for those who have been compromised.

Hostway is one that I had as well. My bud in Canada had that too. All lines still cross through CSC and the date of the purchase does not seem to matter at this point. Cards with recent and not so recent (8 months old) have been hit. Between my brother, Lee in MI, and my bud in Canada, we all have different cards on file, used that at totally different times and still all have had to cancel CCs. Lee is in Michigan, Im in California, and my buddy is in Windsor. The common thread is CSC.

I called about a preorder I made and they said if my card had not been charged yet, I should be okay. Is this true? I really am tempted to cancel my preorder and tell them I'll pay the cancellation fee through Paypal. Then cancel my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back