COOMODEL 1/6 SERIES OF EMPIRES -Teutonic Knights & Templar Knights

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny because Kaustic plastic / Fabio mentioned to some of us collectors that he was working on a good / realistic chainmail but it is very hard to pull off .Aci did a poor job . I still love there knights though .

This figure deserves a thorough review . I've been so busy with work . Just want to mention that he comes with 2 head sculpts . 1 painted and 1 with very minimal paint for wearing the Teutonic Helmet .

Version 2 . Really like these collectibles . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455821932.547865.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455821942.898672.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455821954.766999.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455821964.701628.jpg

Those look really nice!
Some weathering would make them shine even more.
BTW, those boots look like they could work pretty well for Maximus...

Now that I've got most of the Marvel figures I want (save those still on pre-order), I've been branching out and picking up other figures I find interesting. Was ordering an ACI Knights Templar figure and ran across the COO Teutonic Knight and thought it looked pretty cool. Can't describe how impressed I am with this figure. Accessories are all top rate with the swords and helmet being metal. Sculpt is pretty awesome. Only bad thing is how much this is going to cost me going forward as I'm really taking a liking to these historical characters.

teutonic_knight_01.jpg

teutonic_knight_02.jpg

I agree with you . I think this figure, especially this version you have is a
Top notch collectible . Your pictures are fantastic . I'm also interested in the ACI templers . Coo model gives you so much more though and there cheaper . $150 and you get 2 head sculpts .1 for the helmet because of the possibility of paint rub . You also get a very nice stand . The body that's on this is just like a hot toys tru type . The ACI BODY is out dated and can't stand on its own without support . And ACI doesn't even give you a stand . They also want $200 .

I just got these two and they are both fantastic. One question though, how have you guys put the helmets on the second sculpts? Have you just forced them on because my ones wont go fit due to the noses and it feels like that once its on it will be a nightmare to get back off.

They are a little tight but wasn't concerned because of the second lightly painted sculpts . Just jam it on .

The ACI Knights Templar I ordered from Timewalker shipped today. Will be very interested to see how it compares to my COO Teutonic Knight. Here's to hoping it is close to the same high quality. I still can't get over how much I like this figure.

I'm still on the fence about the Order du Temple figure... the head sculpt/rooted hair make me unsure. I'm sure it looks better in person like pretty much every figure I've ever bought though.

Last edited:

The ACI Knights Templar I ordered from Timewalker shipped today. Will be very interested to see how it compares to my COO Teutonic Knight. Here's to hoping it is close to the same high quality. I still can't get over how much I like this figure.

I'm still on the fence about the Order du Temple figure... the head sculpt/rooted hair make me unsure. I'm sure it looks better in person like pretty much every figure I've ever bought though.

#1 -The order du temple figure isn't as nice as the Teutonic knight . The head sculpt is fine as a young prince from that time period but the armor on the order du temple is just too clean . There's no scratches or weathering what so ever ,giving it a unfinished look . I still really like the figure but if you can only get 1 , I would definitely get the Teutonic knight .its really fantastic .

#2 - I've been watching Time walker and see they have the Templers in stock like you mentioned . I have Both Red and Black versions of the Hospitaler Knights . I thought they looked fantastic the moment Aci revealed them and I'm glad I got them BUT Unfortunately for the price there asking I'm left wanting or expecting more. I've mentioned this many times before but I'll say it again . For $200 bucks a want a stand with my figure . I'm sorry but there 1/6 body's are very floppy in legs and don't stand on there own . AT LEAST GIVE US A BODY THAT WILL STAND UP. I'll order a stand from monkey depot for $3 but come on ACI . ???? [emoji35] I also want double jointed elbows ACI . It's time to update your body's for this type of money you want . Your not paying any license fees here. I'm gonna order 1 ACI Knights Templer figure and see how it is but Coo Model clearly does a better job and its there very first crack at this genre .

Please let us know how the ACI Templar is. I want to get it but am looking for reviews first. Cheers.

The ACI Templar Brother was delivered today. Made my first pass at setting him up and posing him, so here are my first impressions. It's a pretty good figure. The clothing is nice, the swords are metal and well done. The shield is ok, but pales compared to the shield with the COO Knight. As was noted by sixxshooter, the body is a let down and there is no stand. I have some on hand and had to use one to get him to stand in the pose I wanted.

If I hadn't received the COO Teutonic Knight before getting the ACI Knight, I probably wouldn't be as critical, but the COO Knight is just so spectacular that the ACI figure was always going to have a hard time living up to it (especially since the COO figure is $40 less). I am happy to have him and once the horse is
released, I think he'll look awesome on it. I am a bit puzzled by the choice to re-use the head sculpt on multiple figures though as it limited me to choosing the one with the outfit I liked the best (unless that has changed, but on the sites I've been to, it looks like the same sculpt).

templar_brother_02.jpg

templar_brother_01.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts . He looks great . I'm about to order one myself . That's the classic Templer look but I'm still undecided. The outfit does look really cool and once he's on the horse I guess we won't need a stand .

Just got the email that the ACI Templar Horse is expected in the next week or two... can't wait to get it. One of the main reasons I bought the ACI Templar was how good the proto pics looked with him riding the horse.

I'm eyeing that combo myself . I'm also waiting for my Knight Hospitaler steed as well . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458085026.961286.jpg

There's just so many collectibles coming out at once . It's hard on the wallet to keep up . I just received my 303 toys zhang fei warrior with steed today so I'll be setting him up this weekend .

I also received my from Timewalker, I really like COO first attempt at this genre. I don't know if I should pickup the Order du Temple knight. The lack of weathering on the armor made me leaning toward the Teutonic in the first place.
IMG_5489_zpsajojfftg.jpg

I am getting the Order du Temple because I don't see any plated knights in the market. They are mostly chain mail with greeves.

Back