coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid off a few of my flex payments to make this easier to manage down the line. I'm thinking ahead to when they release their Big chap to go with this beauty... Let's hope they show something soon and that it's half as nice as their Dog.

Clever thinking.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm probably going to pass on this.

I just paid off a few of my flex payments to make this easier to manage down the line. I'm thinking ahead to when they release their Big chap to go with this beauty... Let's hope they show something soon and that it's half as nice as their Dog.

I think I'm going to do the same thing. I need to emajl them in order to pay a few of the monthly payments early, correct?

Clever thinking.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm probably going to pass on this.

zy6B2R3.gif

Why's that?

I think I'm going to do the same thing. I need to emajl them in order to pay a few of the monthly payments early, correct?

Yeah, I was hoping I could just pay a big chunk of money off to reduce all 8 payments, but they can't do that. You can however pay off a few extra payments. All but the final one I think?

Why's that?

I think the Sideshow Wolf LSB debacle has put me off buying - for a while at least. Well, that combined with exchange rates, increased shipping charges and the new additional 6.5% import tax.

MAY get it closer to release date, but there will likely be other stuff by then (possibly PRIME1's LOBO)

We'll see.

Just hate the thought of having to deal with Sideshow again.

zy6B2R3.gif

Why's that?

Yeah, I was hoping I could just pay a big chunk of money off to reduce all 8 payments, but they can't do that. You can however pay off a few extra payments. All but the final one I think?

Yup, support can charge your card with as many payments as you want, but the final one must remain unpaid until the piece is ready to ship. Communication was pretty much instant.

I think I'll pay a couple more payments early, leaving the half of them for the end of the year. Still can't believe I'm actually getting this! :D

Last edited:

Great idea! I’m going to do the same now! 🤟🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm shocked the Deluxe version isn't on WL yet for as good as it looks.

Me too actually, although it is a lot of money to commit to no matter how incredible it may be. I imagine a lot of people are trying to talk themselves into it.... Or waiting it out to see what happens which is probably the sensible option with all collectibles these days. I'm sure the DX will sell out once this releases.

The amount of real estate this would take is what's keeping me from preordering. I just don't have the space. I'll consider the CP big chap once in hand pics are in since I have more to navigate with a museum pose.

The amount of real estate this would take is what's keeping me from preordering. I just don't have the space. I'll consider the CP big chap once in hand pics are in since I have more to navigate with a museum pose.
Just do what I did and buy a bigger house!

I'll admit that I'm a little concerned myself, I can't even seem to find a suitable unit to house it currently. But I'll figure something out as this is worth it. It'll be THE definitive alien statue when it releases (unless they better it with their Big chap?) I can't stop looking at it and I'd hate to look back later on and have regretted passing on it.

With hindsight, maybe losing the back section off the base would have been ideal, I know the tail would still stick out further, but the smaller footprint would have better fit more manageable sized cabinets. And it would have allowed more options for people to display it in other directions. No point having this looking to the left currently as it has a distinctive front and back with that wall... Just an observation, I love it entirely of course

EDIT: To visualise what I mean, that wall adds a good few inches of depth to the actual base footprint..

erfFSMi.jpg

Has cp or prime1 confirmed what materials are used in this piece?
(polystone, resin, pvc, frp, what is it made from?).

Has cp or prime1 confirmed what materials are used in this piece?
(polystone, resin, pvc, frp, what is it made from?).

He's got an outer layer of protein polysaccharides, and has a funny habit of shedding his cells and replacing them with polarized silicon.

This gives him a prolonged resistance to adverse environmental conditions, including those adopted by various International shipping companies.

(* joking aside - I don't know for sure, but assume it's mostly polystone *)

He's got an outer layer of protein polysaccharides, and has a funny habit of shedding his cells and replacing them with polarized silicon.

This gives him a prolonged resistance to adverse environmental conditions, including those adopted by various International shipping companies.

(* joking aside - I don't know for sure, but assume it's mostly polystone *)

hehehe :)

seriously though, I would like to know what this beast is made of, if anyone knows..
there is no weight listed on the ssc website, so that doesn't even offer us a hint of what it might be made of.

Back