coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Sideshow one as well, and hoping it turns out great, but I'd still consider a Prime 1 Predator as well.

Exactly, I like the idea of the SS one. As a total piece from pose to the skull. Issues fine but I just like it and the thought behind it.

I am definitely pumped so Prime 1. Maybe crouched in a tree cleaning it’s skull or I’d love it if they had him holding Dutch up by the neck. $2k but bought

I made a little comparison of the heads, I thought it might help us figure out where the seam is. Not so however, the shoulders look to be part of the base, and the front of the necks appear to be different suggesting they are attached to the heads. Other than that, it will take somebody with younger eyes.... Or a better calibrated monitor (mines a 144hz gaming set up) I still recon they detach just inside the shoulder blades. Note the slightly better paint on the base of the open mouth heads dome also. Although both are leagues ahead of any production piece we've ever seen, let's hope that is what we get!

AFsLq55.jpg

I made a little comparison of the heads, I thought it might help us figure out where the seam is. Not so however, the shoulders look to be part of the base, and the front of the necks appear to be different suggesting they are attached to the heads. Other than that, it will take somebody with younger eyes.... Or a better calibrated monitor (mines a 144hz gaming set up) I still recon they detach just inside the shoulder blades. Note the slightly better paint on the base of the open mouth heads dome also. Although both are leagues ahead of any production piece we've ever seen, let's hope that is what we get!

AFsLq55.jpg
If you go through the pictures on the SS site, they have 2 in succession of the heads and there is a noticible shift in the colouring in part of the swap out. Perhaps this may provide some clue.....

I'm still in the camp that the shoulders remain and the head and neck are peg inserts and the shoulders is just the display mount.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I can’t believe there’s no definitive photos or video of the head swap. Even the teaser video leaves that part out.

Anyone request it on Facebook yet? I mean in the end who cares as long as it looks cool which it does but I admit I’m a bit more than curious on how it works.

I agree it has to just be the neck plugging into the shoulders. It makes sense for the statue and to the extra stand.

This back photo shows no real mount, so whatever it is, it is but that’s my guess.

71D29635-7A63-4AAF-805A-DBDACC4BD89D.jpg

If you go through the pictures on the SS site, they have 2 in succession of the heads and there is a noticible shift in the colouring in part of the swap out. Perhaps this may provide some clue.....

I'm still in the camp that the shoulders remain and the head and neck are peg inserts and the shoulders is just the display mount.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Seeing the two heads side by side makes me want the closed mouth version even more. He just looks more menacing and calculating to me. Shame its only available in the collectors edition.

He's already up over on popcultcha now too but damn the price is hard to swallow.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/alien-3-dog-alien-1-3-scale-maquette-statue.html

I agree. I like the closed mouth more but I’ll likely change them out periodically but it will always be right there. I forgot but I think I get the interchangeable mouth for the open head.

The closed mouth brings me back when the Alien was like I’m a badass.

The earlier days of this thread got me thinking when a few folks were complaining about the price. If you've ever wondered why statues and 1/6 scale figures keep going up in price these days, this video offers some excellent insights...

The earlier days of this thread got me thinking when a few folks were complaining about the price. If you've ever wondered why statues and 1/6 scale figures keep going up in price these days, this video offers some excellent insights.

I understand he wasn’t reading off a script – and he (several times) admitted he was “passionate” about this, so I accept that he may have let that get the better of him, giving rise to his confused rationalisation at times.

It resulted in him arguing in circles, and an unfortunate tendency to mix facts with specious reasoning & opinion.

I found his cost-calculations interesting, and there were some other valid points made, but there was nothing – NOTHING to convince me to pay $650+ for plastic statues/busts.

“Need to clean up China” – lol - that was a real low point in his persuasion – how about doing something closer to home first.

I understand he wasn’t reading off a script – and he (several times) admitted he was “passionate” about this, so I accept that he may have let that get the better of him, giving rise to his confused rationalisation at times.

It resulted in him arguing in circles, and an unfortunate tendency to mix facts with specious reasoning & opinion.

I found his cost-calculations interesting, and there were some other valid points made, but there was nothing – NOTHING to convince me to pay $650+ for plastic statues/busts.

“Need to clean up China” – lol - that was a real low point in his persuasion – how about doing something closer to home first.

The China situation and what factories you can use under certain licenses is a legitimate issue in the industry

You totally missed the point of the video. Cleaning up China is just icing on the cake getting away from cheap polystone material.

Was talking to the Sideshow lady today and she said they sold hardly any of the Regular edition, but the Ex they have sold through 300 of them to date.

I’m gonna make a decision between the Dog Maquette and the Wolf Life size Bust here in the next few weeks.

I mean I could wait on the Dog and just grab the reg, he seems like he’s going to be around for a while and even on discount.

But the Wolf, I think will be gone sooner. Regardless of the dreds issues. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was talking to the Sideshow lady today and she said they sold hardly any of the Regular edition, but the Ex they have sold through 300 of them to date.

I’m gonna make a decision between the Dog Maquette and the Wolf Life size Bust here in the next few weeks.

I mean I could wait on the Dog and just grab the reg, he seems like he’s going to be around for a while and even on discount.

But the Wolf, I think will be gone sooner. Regardless of the dreds issues. [emoji23]

Kind of surprised that the SE is selling really fast, but then again the dog runner alien does look a lot more menacing with the more neutral posed face. It looks more menacing when you cannot really tell what the creature is about to do. Plus, he looks much more ' vanilla ' enough to pose in a collection than the action posed face is.

Ugh. I want it yet cannot justify the price. And Alien 3 is my favourite film of the original films too after Aliens :gah:

I'm not at all surprised it's selling well, it's the best Alien statue we've ever seen imo. I am however surprised that she gave you the sales figures. Should have asked for the Wolf LSB figures for a laugh.

I'm not at all surprised it's selling well, it's the best Alien statue we've ever seen imo. I am however surprised that she gave you the sales figures. Should have asked for the Wolf LSB figures for a laugh.

Yeah, I guess I was a little thrown back by her willingness also. [emoji23]

I was asking her if this was something I should risk getting last minute or jump on now, with it having such a large price tag and edition size.

She gave the sales numbers and then said check back in a month and she’ll have additional numbers, as to how many more have been sold and I could go off of that, as to when to buy it. [emoji15][emoji23]

But in the end she may have just been giving that info to make a sale.

$1700 is a lot of money..[emoji30]

It is a heck of a lot of money. It's certainly not an impulse decision. I bought this because collectibles are at a crazy price now. And I'd rather have what I consider to be the definitive Alien statue (in 1/3 no less) Than 2 or 3 "meh" PF's. I say "meh" only because they have reached price points to which most of them just aren't worth it to me. That's just me of course. I'll sit a pf on a shelf and I'll enjoy it enough before it inevitably fades into the background a little. I suspect this will command attention from anybody who walks past it for the entire time it remains with me. This is how I have justified the cost, I'll enjoy the thing a lot, hopefully with an Big chap and a Warrior created to the same level sat beside it eventually...

I got in early to take advantage of flex payments mainly, they make the price more palatable. But you might get a discounted regular down the line tbh, they made more than I expected.

Back