coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this guy will be made from polystone. By the looks of it and judging by companies' track records, I think it'll be either translucent resin or some kind of mixed fiberglass. The base will be polystone for sure.

I can't even seem to find a suitable unit to house it currently.

Either buy a proper desk and put exclusive custom-made acrylic case on it or buy a new giant display cabinet that can house this and your previous/future statues together at once. For a giant piece with weird dimensions like this, I think these are the only ways.

Either buy a proper desk and put exclusive custom-made acrylic case on it or buy a new giant display cabinet that can house this and your previous/future statues together at once. For a giant piece with weird dimensions like this, I think these are the only ways.

Best I can think of so far is to get two of these and put them back to back. But I'll keep looking for something more ideal obviously... https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...h-drawers-lappviken-black-brown-spr-99195447/

My thinking is that I want something long and not too high (although maybe a bit more than that) to put several of these on as P1 release more 1/3 Aliens and Predators down the line....

Why not make stuff yourself Matt?

I know "Do-It-All" were taken over, but there's always "Wickes", or the classic "man who owns a lumber yard" :)

Well, this is another plan in the back of my mind. I guess I could just make individual podiums to the correct size. These probably deserve the effort....

I don't think this guy will be made from polystone. By the looks of it and judging by companies' track records, I think it'll be either translucent resin or some kind of mixed fiberglass. The base will be polystone for sure.

I think you could be right with the "translucent resin. It would be great to know for certain what its made from and how heavy.

These big things are a nuisance. I am building a 3’ round table just for Shockwave and this beast I am not sure until I measure my current stuff.

I have a top 3rd row for all my Star Wars PFs and so I am like OMG I do not want to move it all because it is 18’ wide of PF’s and 1/6 scale mixed Star Wars pieces. I usually put the 1/6 next to the statue of the same character.

I have a 10’ 3 tier shelf I built but I think the 3rd level is a little higher plus up there the base and my Alien eggs will be hidden. I gotta have this thing chest level or lower.

I can build my shelf and nice but I am super nervous with that tail. My kids throw a paper airplane I will be diving to catch it.

Been away from the forums for a while, but have spent the last few hours drooling over pictures & video's of this amazing looking piece. Forgive my ignorance, but which head is the Exclusive ? As sideshow show pictures of the opened & closed mouth versions on the regular's page.

Even as an owner of the sideshow dog Maquette I'm seriously tempted to order this, will decide in the next few days. Displaying it certainly ain't going to be easy & the size & weight of this thing, god knows what the shipping cost would be to over here in the UK. I still remember the day when Parcel Force delivered my dog Maquette, the box only just fit through the door as it was Huge. God knows what the size of this thing will be.:horror

Been away from the forums for a while, but have spent the last few hours drooling over pictures & video's of this amazing looking piece. Forgive my ignorance, but which head is the Exclusive ? As sideshow show pictures of the opened & closed mouth versions on the regular's page.

Even as an owner of the sideshow dog Maquette I'm seriously tempted to order this, will decide in the next few days. Displaying it certainly ain't going to be easy & the size & weight of this thing, god knows what the shipping cost would be to over here in the UK. I still remember the day when Parcel Force delivered my dog Maquette, the box only just fit through the door as it was Huge. God knows what the size of this thing will be.:horror

The closed mouth is the EX, and for me it's definitely a must have. As much as I love the open mouth "roaring" head. The dog has always been about his snarling lips for me and P1 have captured that look well with the closed mouth head. And the second head will no doubt make for a great display on it's own. I'm dreading the shipping cost also. It'll be a long time until we find out what it is I should imagine.

Yes closed mouth for me too. Just reminds me of the hissing alien popping out from the wall. Much more menacing.

Forgive my ignorance, but which head is the Exclusive ? As sideshow show pictures of the opened & closed mouth versions on the regular's page

I just checked this out, there's no images of the closed mouthed second head on the regular page. What you are seeing however is the switch out different length inner mouths which are also included with the regular.

Inny...

aljpKwD.jpg

Outy...

1RIQvnJ.jpg

Closed mouth (DX version only)...

2iHBX5K.jpg

0GKD0z0.jpg

The more I look at this thing, the more I fall in love with it! I really hope P1 can deliver what we're seeing here.

The closed mouth is the EX, and for me it's definitely a must have. As much as I love the open mouth "roaring" head. The dog has always been about his snarling lips for me and P1 have captured that look well with the closed mouth head . . .

Yeah - THIS is the money shot as far as I'm concerned . . .

2018-01-28_Sideshow_S16_fave_shot_e.jpg

The tail can't be one piece can it? I keep craping my pants thinking it may be one piece but arrive it multiple lmao.

Not sure magnet is going to be holding that thing in place, more like a 12" rod :rotfl he said 12" rod

I think I am scared to won this now. Xmas can't come soon enough.

I'm hoping that the tail will have some kind of metal rod at it's core. Same thing with his spindly legs to prevent sagging over time. Remember how the Sideshow maquette's all drooped...

Back