coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thanks for the pics, I've been after the SS version for years, but it rarely comes up for sale in Europe, looks like the search will be called off, loving this, pose and all

That second head is a direct casting from the Micheal Burnett maquette.Coolprops didn't sculpt that.

Thanks for the new pics bro' :hi5:

That open mouth needs to be WAY more open. He'd knock his own front teeth out with his inner jaw.

Notice that the one with the pharyngeal jaw is also missing the k9 teeth, present on the other head? That needs a fix too.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

That second head is a direct casting from the Micheal Burnett maquette.Coolprops didn't sculpt that.

Coolprops doesn't sculpt anything. they bought the licences to make cool props! So they basically scan the original props and re-work them a bit eventually. Name of the company says it all. Hopefully they will re-work the scans of what they have. And I think, judging by the evolution of the latest head they showed (BC and resurrection) compared to what they showed the first time, they are working on it indeed... But basically yeah, this is not original and sculpted work, but scans of original props. :)

Coolprops doesn't sculpt anything. they bought the licences to make cool props! So they basically scan the original props and re-work them a bit eventually. Name of the company says it all. Hopefully they will re-work the scans of what they have. And I think, judging by the evolution of the latest head they showed (BC and resurrection) compared to what they showed the first time, they are working on it indeed... But basically yeah, this is not original and sculpted work, but scans of original props. :)

They must have scanned the Burnett maquette then, because that isn't a scan of any of the actual ADI original maquettes.

The closed mouth version looks spectacular. They could scrap the open mouthed version and I wouldn't miss it. It would be cheaper to produce too, not having to paint a second head. This statue is going to be a must-have.

This dog is being reworked and produced by Prime 1, they will be adding more detail. And the production pieces are now in much safer hands.

naaREEI.jpg

This dog is being reworked and produced by Prime 1, they will be adding more detail. And the production pieces are now in much safer hands.

naaREEI.jpg
As long as it doesn't have edges like in that rendering, I'll agree.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

naaREEI.jpg

Is that supposed to be the new sculpt for the second (MB recast) head that CoolProps was also including, or is that just a new reworked head sculpt entirely? The sculpt is one thing,but the paint job is an entirely different challenge.No "production" piece is ever going to capture the original puppet/maquette paint work.

Many have tried in vain for years!

Is that supposed to be the new sculpt for the second (MB recast) head that CoolProps was also including, or is that just a new reworked head sculpt entirely? The sculpt is one thing,but the paint job is an entirely different challenge.No "production" piece is ever going to capture the original puppet/maquette paint work.

Many have tried in vain for years!

I believe it is a digital render of a refined second head. They have made it look much more aggressive which is good. You'd imagine the seem lines will not feature on the actual sculpt.

This looks incredible, the pose, the size (1/3 scale), the head sculpt that is shown attached to the body looks sick. Its perfect. This is truly like a dream come true. I have only recently moved into 1/3 scale from collecting 1/4 scale for many years and this piece will definitely be a part of the 1/3 collection. Prime 1 are killing it.

I believe it is a digital render of a refined second head. They have made it look much more aggressive which is good. You'd imagine the seem lines will not feature on the actual sculpt.
If we're talking about the same thing, those aren't even seam lines. The edges of the dome in that rendering are too angular and are in the wrong place. The clear dome should have no straight lines and should extend down to the dragon's "cheeks" (closest anatomical term I can think of) and back all the way across it's head. It's early, and I won't lose my **** unless I see a physical prototype at Comic Con with weird edges like that, but it's a bit concerning nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back