Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

I wish SS would get off the stick or sub out the license to another company that will. I've still got at least a 30-character want list.
After Grievous and new Vader finally come out, my top ten are:
Chewbacca
Anakin Ep II
Royal Guard/Senate Guard
Queen Amidala
Xizor
Dooku
Mara Jade
Talon
Satele
Jango

I'd love to see all of the humans from HT, but they've said there might only be 1 character a year (if that), plus they are too busy milking the Iron Man/Marvel license.

I am REALLY looking forward to the release of more droids!
Sideshow seems to be releasing clones nonstop but where is the droid love, sideshow :p
Hopefully, many of the droids I am hoping for will be shown at comic-con this year!
I currently have 4 battle droids and they were my first sideshow figures ever purchased. It's caused me to want to build a droid army and collect differnt types of droids as well. I plan on getting OOM-9 soon, general grievous (gotta have the supreme commander of the droid army!) and at least one of every other types of droids. The one droid in particular I am really looking forward to is the Driodeka! Those would look absolutly amazing!
I also think that sideshow should really look into making Magna droids to go with grievous (if they still ever end up releasing him). That would be pretty amazing, don't you think?

Last edited:

I'm waiting for pure white Clone Troopers with both helmets... I need start to army build :)

I am REALLY looking forward to the release of more droids!
Sideshow seems to be releasing clones nonstop but where is the droid love, sideshow :p
Hopefully, many of the droids I am hoping for will be shown at comic-con this year!
I currently have 4 battle droids and they were my first sideshow figures ever purchased. It's caused me to want to build a droid army and collect differnt types of droids as well. I plan on getting OOM-9 soon, general grievous (gotta have the supreme commander of the droid army!) and at least one of every other types of droids. The one droid in particular I am really looking forward to is the Driodeka! Those would look absolutly amazing!
I also think that sideshow should really look into making Magna droids to go with grievous (if they still ever end up releasing him). That would be pretty amazing, don't you think?

I want more droids so much to. I stopped at oom-9 and 6 battle droids to not go over board. I need for SSC to at least finish grievous and the super battle droid and maybe a security droid and a droid with a rocket launcher.

Hopefully soon actually finish the grievous so we can get some more releases.

I was looking at a Star Wars figures catalog book (All figures until 2012) and I saw so many cool ones.

Sideshow should release

boba Fett (the Hasbro white one exclusive)
Darth Revan
Darth Malgus
Alpha and the other guys from the elite commando clones.
Jango Fett
The purple troopers under Mace Windu
Commander Gree CW
Commander APPO
Commander Stone
Galactic Marine
Galactic Marine (variant, the beige instead of purple)
Oddball
Captain Rex Phase II
Black ops Clone trooper
Covert ops Clone trooper
Bomb squad Clone trooper
Senate Guard
Senate commando
Senate captain

I was looking at a Star Wars figures catalog book (All figures until 2012) and I saw so many cool ones.

Sideshow should release

boba Fett (the Hasbro white one exclusive)
Darth Revan
Darth Malgus
Alpha and the other guys from the elite commando clones.
Jango Fett
The purple troopers under Mace Windu
Commander Gree CW
Commander APPO
Commander Stone
Galactic Marine
Galactic Marine (variant, the beige instead of purple)
Oddball
Captain Rex Phase II
Black ops Clone trooper
Covert ops Clone trooper
Bomb squad Clone trooper
Senate Guard
Senate commando
Senate captain

sounds awesome to me. There's only one figure on that list that I would ever buy.

I only want Ep2 Anakin, Count Dooku, Grievous, the Droids, Chebacca, and maybe Ep1 Anakin. Beyond that, I stopped caring a long time ago.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-01-at-3.05.58-PM.png

If you've mastered the force, why would you need a lightsaber at all, let alone a baker's dozen like this guy above? ;)

If you've mastered the force, why would you need a lightsaber at all, let alone a baker's dozen like this guy above? ;)

:rotfl
Maybe those are the light sabers of his defeated opponents! :nana:

sounds awesome to me. There's only one figure on that list that I would ever buy.

I don't want any of them.

I only want Ep2 Anakin, Count Dooku, Grievous, the Droids, Chebacca, and maybe Ep1 Anakin. Beyond that, I stopped caring a long time ago.

Dooku is the last PT figure I want. Lots of OT I'd buy. Seeing Darth Video Game Fan-fiction Sith previewed today made me wish I was anticipating much less.

I don't want any of them.

Dooku is the last PT figure I want. Lots of OT I'd buy. Seeing Darth Video Game Fan-fiction Sith previewed today made me wish I was anticipating much less.

The only one that would tempt me from that list is the McQuarrie concept Boba Fett. I think that'd be a much better SDCC exclusive than a Clone Trooper rehash.

I'm not too excited about Darth Malgus either. I'd rather see more cool alien releases. Hopefully, they're working on Walrusman and Amanaman as we type.

If I ever get my custom skills up to Flosi or Skiman levels, I'm making a custom Ephant Mon, by the way.

not that anyone is talking about them at the moment....but....Im excited for Darth Talon...and Aurra sing!!!! i bet they will look amazing with the new female body ( I wish sideshow would redo Aayla with it...she's my fav.) and cyborg maul is gonna be PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i must say...i would love them to make Shaak ti, sideshow's head sculpt for her would be out of this world!!! her.....and Luminara......I want a luminara....dont really care what format....

Back when I was collecting heavily, we had a name for the characters that are being most talked about now. Peg warmers. ;) I'm not so sure many of these will sell as briskly as Sideshow would like - they still have Boba Fett available after all. I've never bee a big Fett fan myself, but it seems like as long as I've known about Star Wars (a long long time, in this galaxy), that guy has always been in demand. It looks like the expanded stuff has really picked up a cult following, I'm guessing mostly because of the video games?

Looking at the first page list what's taking so long? Some are just simple repaints like the b-droid variants, and the ones in development ar takin for ever so the timelines for the second list must be for the 2020 lineup

Can't wait to see how the SSD deck will turn out.

Well, I'll be picking up Bossk and the Snowtrooper this week, which means I'll be all caught up. So with no new POs on the horizon, I guess they'll be no new Star Wars to add to the collection for a while...:(

I think it's time for Sideshow to start cranking out super-limited variants like Security & Pilot Battle Droids, Clone Commanders we haven't gotten to yet that are simple repaints, etc. Cheap and easy to produce and much better than only having about 6 figures for the entire year.

I think it's time for Sideshow to start cranking out super-limited variants like Security & Pilot Battle Droids, Clone Commanders we haven't gotten to yet that are simple repaints, etc. Cheap and easy to produce and much better than only having about 6 figures for the entire year.

I'd much rather see Scout Trooper, Snaggletooth, ReeYes, Yak Face, Lando Palace Disguise, Rebo Band, Admiral Motti, Jawa, Ewok, Taun Taun, or anything else other than More Clones or Battle Droids.

Scout Trooper is the last of the OT troopers not yet released. Fingers crossed.

Back