Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

I wish SS would just release a definitive statement about 3PO and R2. If the tamashi droids are "it", I want to know.

I agree... I still believe they will release their own versions, but I would not expect an announcement until after the Tamashii versions have been released.

I wish SS would just release a definitive statement about 3PO and R2. If the tamashi droids are "it", I want to know.

Indeed. I can't lay down the cash they want for Tamashi and I really need my itch for the droids itched. Not to mention more Star Wars figures.

My wish list is:

1/6 scale slave leia
1/6 R2 to go with my Bandai 3PO
1/6 Re-release of Luke and Han in Stormtrouper outfits
1/6 Re-release of stormtroupers

Re-release of the Stormtroopers would be a betrayal to collectors as Hot toys betrayal when re-releasing figures that went up in price due to their rarity, popularity and such.
Collectors who bought some of those troopers for a lot of money or has been maintaining them mint for value and the spirit of colletionism, would find very frustrating and disappointing that their efforts were blown away in one swing by SSC.
That's why I oppose the Phase II helmets on the Deluxe Clone troopers. It will completely leave in the blank all those collectors who invested in the 212, 501 and the original ST.

SSC could create completely new armor for a new trooper release. The originals would still always be the originals. Imagine if a wine producer only made a single vintage.

Hopefully Sideshow will be showing actual protos of some of these pieces other than the latest clones at CC, because I'm starting to think some will never show up.

I think it's been suggested that Sideshow may release a ROTJ version of the Stormtrooper, I think the helmet has a few differences that make it possible.

I wouldn't mind it, I have two (4 if you count Han & Luke) but I wouldn't mind some more.

Re-release of the Stormtroopers would be a betrayal to collectors as Hot toys betrayal when re-releasing figures that went up in price due to their rarity, popularity and such.
Collectors who bought some of those troopers for a lot of money or has been maintaining them mint for value and the spirit of colletionism, would find very frustrating and disappointing that their efforts were blown away in one swing by SSC.
That's why I oppose the Phase II helmets on the Deluxe Clone troopers. It will completely leave in the blank all those collectors who invested in the 212, 501 and the original ST.

Ummm....no.

Ummm....no.

Seriously. Sideshow needs to decide between taking $200 of my money (and many others) for a Stormtrooper or not "betraying" people who bought the older version. I wonder which option they'll choose.

Seriously. Sideshow needs to decide between taking $200 of my money (and many others) for a Stormtrooper or not "betraying" people who bought the older version. I wonder which option they'll choose.

Exactly. Cause Hot Toys chose money!
I'll take the re-releases and listen to the *****ing!

New stormtroopers may cost $200 a piece, but the *****ing will be priceless. :lecture

Not re-releasing figures such as stormtroopers is a bad move. For folks who got into the game at a later stage would buy these figures up in a heartbeat. Not releasing them is bad business.

Sideshow's only said that they won't re-release the exact same figure twice, so that leaves them with the option to release a new, tweaked design. That's what I'm hoping for with the Stormies.

I don't really care if they release more... but I do think going with a different helmet would be the best way to do it. They released a lot of Sandtroopers by swapping out weapons, paint schemes and pauldrons... so I think after dipping back into the Stormies with the Blackhole, Han & Luke 2pack and dumb blue striped one a ROTJ version would be welcome.

a ROTJ version would be welcome.

Specifying what movie the Stormtrooper comes from would be a very hard-core/niche thing to do, since I suspect even 99% of the biggest fans don't know the difference. ;) I have no idea what the differences are myself, other than the production crew having to recast and remake a bunch of new props. I'm certain the armor is not supposed to look any different as the empire didn't just suddenly re-issue new equipment to all their grunts. Just like Vader's costume isn't supposed to be any different between the three movies - what you see on screen is simply a part of the production process evolution and Lucas' revisionist tendencies.

I'm not positive... but I think the black band above the eyes is thicker and maybe the eyes are not tinted green. Very, very minor stuff... but enough to get collectors going :lol

I'm not positive... but I think the black band above the eyes is thicker and maybe the eyes are not tinted green. Very, very minor stuff... but enough to get collectors going :lol

and shiny armor.............:lecture

Interesting, but the band above the eyes varies in thickness in ANH from trooper to trooper, along with its position. Stormtroopers appear pretty shiny to me in all three movies. And while we know the lenses are green in the first two movies, everyone else on the planet thinks they're black - because they look black when viewed in a movie theater or on a nice HD TV. ;)

All enough for me to not care whether a trooper is styled after any one specific movie. Just make new armor so it's not a re-release of the previous and fix the more major things like the cod piece size. I for one don't care about the thumb print on the upper part of the left arm armor - as far as I know, it was only there so the players knew which piece to put on the left side.

I see stormtroopers as supporting figures, so to make them limited is confusing. Vader and the others I can understand, but limiting troopers is like stealing candy from a kid. As I mentioned before, sideshow is losing $$$ for stuff like this. Hell I'd buy at least two if not four of them

You just can't get enough with stormtroopers. Bring it on SS!

Back