Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

I'd much rather see Scout Trooper, Snaggletooth, ReeYes, Yak Face, Lando Palace Disguise, Rebo Band, Admiral Motti, Jawa, Ewok, Taun Taun, or anything else other than More Clones or Battle Droids.

Anything else, such as Power Droid, R5-D4, Death Star Droid, Grand Moff Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Hoth Rebel, AT-AT Driver, General Veers, a good Admiral Piett, 2-1B, FX-7, Lobot, Squidhead, Ackbar, Nien Nunb, and god damned Walrus Man.

Great list. Don't know why, but I'd love a Power Droid. Would also be down for R5-D4, Death Star Droid (one of my favourites as a kid), Tarkin, 2-1B and Squidhead (still on the fence with ol' Walrus Man, in terms of my own collection -- all for him getting made for those that want it). When you think about it, it really is odd Sideshow hasn't released more interesting stuff from the movies. Especially with the droids, you'd think they could re-release them every once in a while in different variations and make a killing.

Dude...Walrus Man was the the impetus for showing Luke being too green for everything he was about to embark upon. If there were one key anonymous character that the entire OT hinged upon, it was Walrus Man.

But, yeah. If they want some serious rehash figures, astromechs...

It's likely their license doesn't give them free reign to produce whatever and whenever they want.

yes i agree i am all cloned out i want more OT figures!

It's likely their license doesn't give them free reign to produce whatever and whenever they want.

I'm sure it doesn't, I also think they're required to release certain figures, like Malgus. I would say that outside of HT versions of the main crew, Walrus Man, Ree Yees, Squid Face and Snaggletooth are my biggest wants. We need to finish the vintage aliens for our Cantina and Jabba displayes.

Can somebody tell me if the "Confirmed in Developmen" listings of

C-3PO &
R2-D2

are for the released talking Medicom versions
- as this was a cooporation of Sideshow and Medicom as far as I know -
or are there new ones in the pipeline?? :pray:

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me if the "Confirmed in Developmen" listings of

C-3PO &
R2-D2

are for the released talking Medicom versions
- as this was a cooporation of Sideshow and Medicom as far as I know -
or are there new ones in the pipeline?? :pray:

SSC has said they eventually intend to create their own R2 and 3P0.

SSC has said they eventually intend to create their own R2 and 3P0.

Source? IMO, it would be mostly a waste of time considering their attachment to the current chogokin.

That's certainly a debatable question... I seem to recall that Sideshow was making their own droids. However, as far as I know nothing more has been said since the Tamashii figure came out.

My suspicion is that Sideshow shared the license with Tamashii and that is why their name is on the package. And sometime both C-3PO and R2 are released by Tamashii Sideshow will sell their own version.

Just my belief on the matter... no guarantee I'm right. In the meantime I did buy the Tamashii version and it is f'n amazing :lecture

There was a podcast recently (within the last two months) that had an interview with Brant Bridges and he said something about an R2-D2 with allot of gadgets coming soon from Sideshow, it was towards the end of the interview and I think it was on the Hottoyscast that gets posted in the general section sometimes.

an interview with Brant Bridges and he said something about an R2-D2 with allot of gadgets coming soon from Sideshow,

If I were a betting man, I'd wager my left nut he was talking about the upcoming Sideshow/Bandai Chogokin R2.

There are already versions inferior to the chogokin, so I can't believe Sideshow would offer another one, nor that they'd be offering something better than the "Perfect Model" they've already collaborated on. They have co-design credit on this product line after all. To round out the product offerings, they have their PF figures. I'd be surprised to see any other OTC R2 or 3PO from Sideshow in the next 5 years.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager my left nut he was talking about the upcoming Sideshow/Bandai Chogokin R2.

There are already versions inferior to the chogokin, so I can't believe Sideshow would offer another one, nor that they'd be offering something better than the "Perfect Model" they've already collaborated on. They have co-design credit on this product line after all. To round out the product offerings, they have their PF figures. I'd be surprised to see any other OTC R2 or 3PO from Sideshow in the next 5 years.

No he specifically mentions that there own design team has been working on the droids in 1/6th scale for a while, and that we shouldn't have to wait long to see a fully equipped R2-D2 so maybe a comic-con reveal.

Good bye left nut if true!!!

My wish list is:

1/6 scale slave leia
1/6 R2 to go with my Bandai 3PO
1/6 Re-release of Luke and Han in Stormtrouper outfits
1/6 Re-release of stormtroupers

Good call Darth...sideshow missed it on the troopers and Han & Luke. If they could team with Hot Tous I think they would nail it.

Removed Vader and Malgus from the line-up... don't think there are any new additions :huh

where's our 1/6th rancor announcement...........:cuss

I wish SS would just release a definitive statement about 3PO and R2. If the tamashi droids are "it", I want to know.

You guys are funny. In a Joe Pesci in Goodfellas kind of way. ;)

I'm not sure what other company has set the precedent for making such an announcement. "Yes, this is our final XX product. We will never make another version of XX again." Such an announcement isn't going to happen, and since nothing has been previewed, you can bet nothing will be released in the next 24 months. That's based on how SS previews and produces figures, but that aside, given the number of Tamashii units produced and the fact they're still being promoted, and the quality level, I wouldn't expect anything for at least 5 more years.

What would sideshow call their new release? Droids Imperfect Collection. Second-Best Edition.

Back