Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do people get the dead skeleton's hand up so high? Mine looks like SAB's but I've seen others have the sword higher like in the pics above?

How do people get the dead skeleton's hand up so high? Mine looks like SAB's but I've seen others have the sword higher like in the pics above?

Hey mate! It might just be an optical illusion with that photo. Here's a different angle. These aren't my pics by the way, I borrowed them from a few pages back.

IMG_0179_zpsauippoqf.jpg

Haha! Congrats on picking this one up. It's easily one of the best looking pieces all year.

I totally agree with you. Too bad a handful arrived damaged. Hope those guys get fixed up by SS.
When i was setting him up, i was really amazed by the details and the paint applications. So many cool little details on the base and statue itself.

Congrats, great looking piece. Just fyi, it looks like you have Conan's left hand at slightly the wrong angle. The curved sword should be pointing more towards his back at the same angle as the mace. It does look fine the way you have it, but it's meant to sit like this

oh you are correct ....I fixed it ..... but upon then looking at it, I prefer it wrong :lol

Maybe I am too in love with this statue at the moment, but is anyone else really amazed with how good the paint job is ?
The teeth, the eyes, the variation in skin tones across the face and torso and the application quality in general .....easily the best I've personally seen.

I'm pretty easy to please but this way above what I expect Sideshow are capable of ....and coming on the heels of Sonja which a lot of people were unhappy with, I'm shocked its so good!

Last edited:
I agree! The face scult and paint application makes this statue appear almost lifelike in some of the pics posted in this thread. ^^^

mister ski's pic
image.jpg

Wow, thanks for all the photo reposts. I'm flattered. This piece is very photogenic. One of Sideshow's best in recent years. I don't see this piece ever leaving my collection.

Got mine, well, mine is a couple thousand miles away, but my daughter was able to photobomb it for me. No breaks, the skeleton had a wrapped neck brace, not sure if they all came that way or it was a late added protective measure. No real issues to report, looks fantastic, and I am glad to have this Conan. Really looks top quality all the way around. I also got Batgirl where I am on the same day, and another fantastic piece as well. SS definitely has stepped up their game!

Okay, so who's going to be doing some custom swap out weapons for him?

I like the cut of your jibe, good sir!

I for one am more than willing to pay silly custom prices for some cool swap out options!
It would probably be an insane price but I was thinking that it'd be awesome to get rid of the skeleton on the back and replace with a slave girl/princess cowering behind the Cimmerian.

Dunno about extra weapons, kopesh is perfect since it's an egyptian-themed blade, mace is perfect because D&D taught us long ago that blunt weapons work best against undeads.
If I had to pick one, following SAB's (great) idea, and knowing that Sideshow will never do a Thulsa Doom or Thoth Amon... well, my pick would be for a dead stygian sorcerer in place of the skeleton soldier. A dead BEHEADED stygian sorcerer, and an extra switch out right hand for Conan, holding the severed head. Statue should be tweaked accordingly with blood splattered here and there, of course.
It's a major mod, tho, would probably end up being expensive.

Dunno about extra weapons, kopesh is perfect since it's an egyptian-themed blade, mace is perfect because D&D taught us long ago that blunt weapons work best against undeads.
If I had to pick one, following SAB's (great) idea, and knowing that Sideshow will never do a Thulsa Doom or Thoth Amon... well, my pick would be for a dead stygian sorcerer in place of the skeleton soldier. A dead BEHEADED stygian sorcerer, and an extra switch out right hand for Conan, holding the severed head. Statue should be tweaked accordingly with blood splattered here and there, of course.
It's a major mod, tho, would probably end up being expensive.

A dead soldier and severed head would also be awesome!

Nice pics Fremen !!

....I don't want to keep bombing this thread with my thoughts, but I can't get over how awesome this thing is.
I don't its getting the online love it should but I guess with the low run of 1000 total, there can't by definition be multiple thousands of people spamming the net with how great they think it is :D
I've been collecting high end stuff for 10+ years now and its the most impressive piece I've ever personally seen and I don't know if Sideshow used a different factory or something, but the paintjob is way above what they normally send out.

I agree. The paint on this is better then most of their stuff by a mile.
This statue deserves a lot of love.

Received mine on today. Damn he's amazing. I had the broken base piece that a few other people had, as in the square block chunk on the bottom in the front, but I pretty easily glued it back along with the jaw on the skeleton. Again, just a dab on glue to fix that as all it was was glue coming off anyway. It isn't molded as one piece.

Can't say what hasn't already been said by members here. He's impeccable. Very happy to get an exclusive as well from a very unselfish collector here. Special thanks bro.

Back