Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that we all have our own ideas as to the Conan we like best. As I've said before, I do think this is a good looking PF. It has a lot going for it. The best way I can describe how I feel about the statue is to bring Red Sonja in as an example. When the 1st PF was released I thought...damn, that's a pretty cool looking RS. She looks great. I like the character and Tony C did a fantastic job with the sculpt. However, there wasn't a 1/4 Conan I liked and I always wanted to pair up a 1/4 Conan with a 1/4 Sonja and call it a day. Ultimately, because I couldn't find a Conan I liked I passed on the 1st Sonja PF even though I liked it. Then along comes this 2nd Sonja PF by Will. I'm completely blown away by it. So much so, that I have no doubt (price permitting) I want her in my collection. I know this is THE Sonja for me. I have yet to feel that strongly about any 1/4 Conan statue. Hopefully, SSC continues to make a few more Conan PFs. I'll know right away when I see one that I truly want in my collection.

The new Sonja is amazing, no doubt....maybe Sideshow's best ever.

I'd be surprised if they announce more Conan anytime soon.
Not only have seen 2 recently but also Quarantine and ARH.
And upcoming we have ARHs Frazetta series as well as both PCS and Chronicle doing Arnie Conan....all likely massive sellers!

Can never really have too much Conan though, right? :)

The new Sonja is amazing, no doubt....maybe Sideshow's best ever.

I'd be surprised if they announce more Conan anytime soon.
Not only have seen 2 recently but also Quarantine and ARH.
And upcoming we have ARHs Frazetta series as well as both PCS and Chronicle doing Arnie Conan....all likely massive sellers!

Can never really have too much Conan though, right? :)

You are right sir. Let them keep making them. There's nothing wrong with having options. I'll keep an eye out for which one best fits my collection.

Looking at the SS site and this is not currently pulling up when you search on it. Looking at them it appears the Regular is now on Waitlist as well.

Mine comes on Tuesday, can't wait!!

The reason I asked about this is because this piece did catch my attention. However it doesn't completely pull me in like the upcoming Red Sonja PF. I got the last one and bought well this should be good enough only to get blown away by the latest piece by Will. So I don't want to make the same mistake with Conan and find myself trying to dispose of this piece and ordering another. Just not enough room in my display for more than one of each and the coming King Conan on a throne by Chronicle. My picture of Conan though would be him roaring after a fight all dirty and bloodied.

Got mine today; #183 of #200.

Looks awesome and zero issues. Well worth the wait and is on par with 'The Prize' and 'Fury of the Beast'.

A few quick pics...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437533526.844239.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437533542.514699.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437533558.711611.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437533578.870478.jpg

Thanks! Luckily I am able to display my collection throughout the house thanks to a supportive wife.

This is set up in what I like to call the Frazetta dining room. [emoji41]

I'm sure it also helps that your display is classy. I love pairing a painting or print up with a statue. It's not something I get to do often, but there is something to be said for matching up a 2D visualization with a 3D sculpture. Not that they need to be the identical portrayal mind you, but just the same subject matter as you so eloquently demonstrate.

Just received mine.
All paint work is good, the sculpt probably the best ever, skeleton arrived in one piece!, dagger is quite bent but hopefully I can heat that with a dryer and straighten out...

Good god its awesome. I've collected (and sold off) 1/4 premium format statues for a long time at this point.
This is easily the best PF I've ever personally seen. Not only does it have the best paint job on the sculpt I've seen but the oustretched pose and base just sort of swallow all nearby statues and just draw your focus!
...didn't expect to be so impressed considering I've been looking at pics and convention video for 2 whole years at this point!

But anyone still considering should definitely grab this ASAP.
Don't worry about the EX wait list, the regular not only looks better but you still actually get the sword anyway, to hang it from his hip.

Oh and you've all got the belts wrong! :)
The kilt needs to be pulled up a little to reveal the upper leather v shaped straps like the original proto. Looks so much better that way!
(even Sideshow made that mistake when taking final production sample pics)

IMG_0054.JPG

Also, excuse the crappy iphone pic but I like this shot to show the sense of scale. Rambo is a great 1/4 figure with a nice simple relevant base ...but he just gets completely lost next to the Cimmerian beast!

IMG_0055.JPG

Very nice pics SAB. Glad to see yours arrived in one piece.
Are you magnets quite weak on the switch out parts?

Very nice pics SAB. Glad to see yours arrived in one piece.
Are you magnets quite weak on the switch out parts?

Thanks mate.
Well they are not strong but this statue isn't being moved about or even reposed. I don't have any fear they will fall off on their own .... so I guess I'll classify them as adequate :)

Thanks mate.
Well they are not strong but this statue isn't being moved about or even reposed. I don't have any fear they will fall off on their own .... so I guess I'll classify them as adequate :)

Congrats, great looking piece. Just fyi, it looks like you have Conan's left hand at slightly the wrong angle. The curved sword should be pointing more towards his back at the same angle as the mace. It does look fine the way you have it, but it's meant to sit like this:

IMG_0178_zpsmm7swiru.jpg

IMG_0182_zpscpuskjmg.jpg

Back