Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this PF! As with any Conan statue it would be better with a half naked girl worked in somewhere. Easy preorder for me.

As far as price goes, three things will continue to be the main drivers...

1) Increase production cost in China.

2) Collectors who expect Swiss watch perfection in hand assembled/painted pieces.

3) The high prices that pieces fetch on the secondary market (if you sold cookies for $3 and people turned around and sold them for $7 wouldn't you raise your price a little? This is why you can't go to a large concert for under $100).

On the uptick, collectors may get to see those smaller edition sizes they always whine about.

So the dio that ARH is coming out with will compliment this statue well ?

Its hard to say right now, I will have a better idea when I see this SSC statue in person, this week.
From specs given, I already feel like the one ARH Studios is planning will dwarf this. To compliment it has to fit in, and the ARH Studios version has its own story.
Now there are many factors here, this is a PF, its not a diorama, price, etc, it simply is not the same kind of statue.
One thing is for sure, its a good time to be a Conan fan. There are 3-4 companies making this character.

Love this PF! As with any Conan statue it would be better with a half naked girl worked in somewhere. Easy preorder for me.

As far as price goes, three things will continue to be the main drivers...

1) Increase production cost in China.

2) Collectors who expect Swiss watch perfection in hand assembled/painted pieces.

3) The high prices that pieces fetch on the secondary market (if you sold cookies for $3 and people turned around and sold them for $7 wouldn't you raise your price a little? This is why you can't go to a large concert for under $100).

On the uptick, collectors may get to see those smaller edition sizes they always whine about.
Are you having a laugh? We may expect perfection but it's not very often we get anything close. High prices on the secondary market? Only on the occasional exclusive can you expect to sell for a profit. That is the weakest excuse for a massive price hike I've ever heard.
Do you work for SS customer relations?

Will be interesting to see the price tag on Red Sonja.
If that creeps up to $400 I will refuse to buy out of principle.

Its hard to say right now, I will have a better idea when I see this SSC statue in person, this week.
From specs given, I already feel like the one ARH Studios is planning will dwarf this. To compliment it has to fit in, and the ARH Studios version has its own story.
Now there are many factors here, this is a PF, its not a diorama, price, etc, it simply is not the same kind of statue.
One thing is for sure, its a good time to be a Conan fan. There are 3-4 companies making this character.

Cool thanks, can't wait to see your stuff.

$460?! WTF!? Easy pass.
SS must be the master of price rises.
They are going to price me, and others I expect, out of collecting.

I guess its not too bad if the only thing you collect is Conan.
So far there are 3 outstanding statues from SSC. Each one has a story.

Are you having a laugh? We may expect perfection but it's not very often we get anything close. High prices on the secondary market? Only on the occasional exclusive can you expect to sell for a profit. That is the weakest excuse for a massive price hike I've ever heard.

Sounds good. It'll make it easier for those of us that really want the Sonja statue to be able to get her any time down the road :yess:

As usual I suspect the people saying they will not buy this, it's a waste of money, etc... will be here filling up the thread for weeks and probably months to come, constantly restating how much they won't buy this.

Sounds good. It'll make it easier for those of us that really want the Sonja statue to be able to get her any time down the road :yess:

As usual I suspect the people saying they will not buy this, it's a waste of money, etc... will be here filling up the thread for weeks and probably months to come, constantly restating how much they won't buy this.

And crying b/c they didn't PO it :lol

And what would be the point in 'constantly restating how much I won't buy this'?
It's a forum, I expressed my opinion on the price hike of a PF, what's your problem?
If you want to pay more for every release good luck to you :wave

And what would be the point in 'constantly restating how much I won't buy this'?
It's a forum, I expressed my opinion on the price hike of a PF, what's your problem?
If you want to pay more for every release good luck to you :wave

I just find it humorous guys like you stick around and end up being some of the most active contributors to these threads. You already said something like WTF $460 EASY PASS!!!!???? or something so I really don't get why you passed on the statue BUT have not passed on the thread.

I just find it humorous guys like you stick around and end up being some of the most active contributors to these threads. You already said something like WTF $460 EASY PASS!!!!???? or something so I really don't get why you passed on the statue BUT have not passed on the thread.

It's 03:40 I'm stuck in work for two more hours and I've been on this thread for about 10 minutes. Again, what is your problem? You can't control who has an opinion and who doesn't. :cuckoo:

I made one comment and replied to another comment, two comments, then you made some smart arse statment directed at me. That's why I'm still here.

Last edited:
Price, price, whatever. The sculpt is awful IMO. The body pose is overwrought, the face is aptly described as toddler-like, but what about the abs. In some pics they look ok, in others the anatomy looks way off. I think this thing is atrocious.

Price, price, whatever. The sculpt is awful IMO. The body pose is overwrought, the face is aptly described as toddler-like, but what about the abs. In some pics they look ok, in others the anatomy looks way off. I think this thing is atrocious.

How dare you express a negative opinion in this thread.
If you don't plan on ordering please move on.
By order of Monger! :pfft:

No, I do not work for SS, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

That being said, I stand behind what I said. You don't have to agree and I do not work for SS any more than you work for the Jerk Store (Seinfeld joke there).

Back