Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This battle is still raging on huh? LOL I'm pretty sure that increasing an ES size is not construed as fraud on any level. Probably considered a poor business move and questionable from an ethics standpoint most certainly but once you get past that its really another 50 conans with a sword. No more no less. Cant change it so why bother letting it even get to your emotions stirring? Man i wish this type of dilemma was all i had to deal with on a day to day basis. Life would be so easy!

Its definitely not a poor business strategy as all fifty sold rather immediately. If anything this will promote waitlisting. This model seems worthy and much better than the Sonja model of just having a massive number. They obviously did not think he would sell we at first. Why undersell a good sculpt? Its such a small increase too. A ES of 200 is quite small these days.

Its all pretty funny since people would be happy if Sideshow cut the ES to 100... So long as they were not one of the 50 cut. This selfish ES obsession is downright stupid. Companies should just make as many as they think will sell. This method Sideshow just used means they dont even have to guess. Very efficient.

Giving back a NRD does not mean that no fraud took place. This has nothing to do with a hobby, it's business ethics 101. They are committing fraud. But I guess none of you have ever argued that the price rang up wrong at a store or that the add said it was selling for x instead of z.

Dude SS didn't raise the price by $50...they decided to raise the ex by 50 thus making more collectors happy and infuriating the elitist.

Then maybe some people take this hobby way too seriously than they should or perhaps some people are way too obsessed. Where is the enjoyment guys? You seem to go nuts about edition size increases. Maybe you should find another hobby...but it really isn't about the hobby is it?

I can understand some points don't get me wrong but in the end an obsessed person is always prejudiced and of course cannot see things clearly because of his obsession.

At the end of the day it is not even about this hobby nor about edition sizes. It's about the obsession.

If you say you are not obsessed than ask yourself why are you really bothered about and please post the answer in this thread: you say it's not ethical or fraud and that we should make a stand against SSC. Where is the fraud here?
They pay you back if you ask so.

You say it's not ethical...
...really? We are getting statues constructed by children that instead of getting education and play-time as children must do because, well they are children, they are working from day to night. We pay for this so in a way we demand this to continue happening...but yeah I hear you: it's not ethical an edition size increase.

It would be better if we really made a stand for actual life defining things but for edition sizes...I really cannot get it.

Hell, maybe I am the obsessed one here :)

Would you guys feel the same if SS added another 500 instead of 50?
I thought the high cost, $460 is a lot of money, was for the statue and the exclusivity attached :dunno

Yeh, so what they added another 50? That's not the point really, it's more the way they think they can manipulate customers with false edition sizes and false stock alerts.
Doesn't bother me. I only buy what I love but can see both sides of the argument :peace

Yeah I would probably feel the same if they increased it by 500. If anything I'd say it was bad only because I can't see them selling them all so it just would be a waste of resources.

Also the ES is to be determined to begin with so I find it funny people are surprised it can change.

I could care less about the edition size of this. But when a COLLECTIBLE company advertises a bogus Edition Size with the express intent to gin up sales, only to later change it knowing that they made a number of sales solely based on perceived scarcity, they have engaged in deceptive sales practices. But go on with the blind fanboyism in defense while ignoring how the real world works.

I could care less about the edition size of this. But when a COLLECTIBLE company advertises a bogus Edition Size with the express intent to gin up sales, only to later change it knowing that they made a number of sales solely based on perceived scarcity, they have engaged in deceptive sales practices. But go on with the blind fanboyism in defense while ignoring how the real world works.

This isn't the real world. It's nostalgic escapism fun collectible world for rich nerds.

I guess rich nerds enjoy being taken advantage of then. Lucky for Sideshow because they would lose a class action lawsuit over these types of sales practices. I am just amazed they don't protect their own backside in this regard. I am also amazed that collectors are so non chalante as well. Said my piece. Bit of an eye opener for me personally.

:lol You would be locked up the amount you must of spent in the last year :hi5:

Absolutely! Real world problem is having enough money for rent etc...not statue numbers or the few people privileged enough to be able to spend $500 on a Conan statue.

I guess rich nerds enjoy being taken advantage of then. Lucky for Sideshow because they would lose a class action lawsuit over these types of sales practices. I am just amazed they don't protect their own backside in this regard. I am also amazed that collectors are so non chalante as well. Said my piece. Bit of an eye opener for me personally.

Evidently you've never read the small print at the bottom of the website
"Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change. Sideshow Collectibles is the registered trademark and copyright of Sideshow Inc.
All Rights Reserved."

In what way, shape or form were the rich nerds taken advantage of? I bought the statue based of my love of all things Conan and the excellent depiction of the Cimmerian barbarian it represents.The fact that now their will be an extra 50 awesome Conan statues does not hinder my enjoyment one bit.If you bought this statue solely based on the number of them being made you suffer from repetitive CBG syndrome. I can see a flipper being mad about it cause he will not be able to sell it for 5 times the actually retail price to some poor unsuspecting ebay noob.BTW, what did you expect collectors to do about this travesty? Call SS? Write angry letters? Amass an army of rich nerds and go storm Sideshow's headquarters? You seem to take great offence yet I doubt very much you even bought the statue...

This "debate" is very interesting and I enjoy it.
Let me add that I have just realised that every ad on TV or in magazines or newspapers is deceiving. I don't see anyone getting frustrated. Man! My after shave was advertising that every woman out there would fall in my arms...what scumbags! I will take them in court of law!

We all live in a real world conquered by products that are in one way or another false advertised. This is old and it really is not a big deal.

This "debate" is very interesting and I enjoy it.
Let me add that I have just realised that every ad on TV or in magazines or newspapers is deceiving. I don't see anyone getting frustrated. Man! My after shave was advertising that every woman out there would fall in my arms...what scumbags! I will take them in court of law!

We all live in a real world conquered by products that are in one way or another false advertised. This is old and it really is not a big deal.
Interesting? You need to get in the Doom LSF thread :lecture :lol

Evidently you've never read the small print at the bottom of the website
"Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change. Sideshow Collectibles is the registered trademark and copyright of Sideshow Inc.
All Rights Reserved."

Ouch and a double snap! :hi5:

Josh A Tron FTW

LOL Complete nonsense ending with a "this is my opinion so if you disagree too bad!" Classic internet.

Back