Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've done it before, will do it again and seem to get a little indignant when their ****ty customer attitude is bought up.

:lecture This.

They've done this many times before, only this time, they aren't hiding behind smoke and mirrors.

For example, allowing a preorder to begin even though the ES is listed as "TBD". What they do is gauge the interest of an item then make their best guess at how many they think they can sell. Business tactics.

I have no doubt that this change was due to all the people who jumped on the waitlist after Red Sonja went up for pre-order as well as those who were waiting for the ARH Conan reveal so they could make an informed decision as to which one they wanted.

I have to admit that I don't like the fact that they raised the ES after they had announced it as having been set but at the same time, it is good news that another 50 people will get to enjoy this piece. Really, even at 200 pieces, this piece has some great potential.

Personally I don't care about edition sizes in the least, but even so, changing edition sizes after they have already been announced and a piece has already 'sold out' once is a bull**** move on Sideshow's part. It's pure customer manipulation, and done for no other reason than greed on Sideshow's part.

The numbers and how many pieces exist doesn't bother me, but treating customers in this way, and playing these kind of manipulative games certainly does.

This. I like this piece and I was quite shocked to see how low the ES was, I expected the ES to be AT LEAST like the Fury of the Beast. And 200 is still a very low number for what it matters. But this is a shameful attitude towards customers, there isn't really any need for ES at this point.

I really don't have a problem with 200 ES, 500 ES or even TBD. But once the number is set it should not be changed, it's just shameful the type of shady business practice ss engages in, willing to sac their own brand integrity over making a few bucks on 50 extra statues.

In every other industry this is called consumer product fraud.

The over reaction for this is hilarious. It increased by 50... not a thousand. Don't like it, get your money back. There is probably a hundred on the waitlist hoping you will.

So you guys think this is an acceptable strategy?
Not interested in Conan personally but what they did was poor.
This goes over and above the low quantity BS.

What difference does 150 or 200 make? If you love the statue and have the cash to spare then the decision to buy it is easy. If you suffer from CBG syndrome and require a low number of statues to be made then you are unworthy to own the Cimmerian sensation. Crom also spits on you.

Some people should collect numbers not statues. What is the point of the art if it is unnumbered, right?

SS and every company should produce 1/4 scale numbers, that would be awesome. Just imagine a limited edition size of ones or fours!

...and there is no fraud. You can have your NRD back if you like, so take it or leave it. Still your choice why cry about it?

:1-1:

Giving back a NRD does not mean that no fraud took place. This has nothing to do with a hobby, it's business ethics 101. They are committing fraud. But I guess none of you have ever argued that the price rang up wrong at a store or that the add said it was selling for x instead of z.

Back