Computerfly's custom Spidey PF..errr Comiquette :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Bronze spidey..it is really an exact replica of very early Marvel works.The Hulk is the spot on recreation in statue form of the TTA cover.old school wins.Always.

now what about that PF-Turned comiquette spidey...:tap

updates please.

All do repect, it may be the WORST sculpted Spidey statue, but it's worth more that most members collections.

It's worth that much ONLY because it is made of bronze. It could be sculpted into a giant red turd and it would still hold it's value because it is a precious element.

With that said, I like the piece even though it looks a little wonky.

It's worth that much ONLY because it is made of bronze. It could be sculpted into a giant red turd and it would still hold it's value because it is a precious element.

With that said, I like the piece even though it looks a little wonky.

I like it to...........but to think that a 7'6 Predator could linger in my house compared to the bronze spidey, no contest for me.

Seams/holes/gaps filled and sanded. Still a little bit to go before I primer it.

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

LOL! Is it that bad??? :) It's definitely an ###load of work. Even after filling most of the seams, I painted the legs with a black primer, and then wet-sanded all of that back off to fill in some of the 'dimples' that were too shallow for the sculpting compound.

Last edited:
I noticed you accidentally took off some of the red in some places, especially his left arm, are you going to re do the red as well?

Great, ballsy idea! Looking good so far. I bet this will be masterful when finished.

If he was made that way initially, I probably would have picked him up. Cloth really ruins the statue.

I noticed you accidentally took off some of the red in some places, especially his left arm, are you going to re do the red as well?

I will color match all of the red. This piece is kind of a 'trial run'. If I ever do it again, everything will be masked. Even then there will be tiny areas that will need color-matching paint.

Not a serious question. I hoped the wink emoticon would convey that. Sorry.

I was taking a poke at the lack of primer causing paint defects on the iron man busts.

You use primer, hence you must not work for sideshow.;)

LOL! I knew there was a joke in there somewhere, heh heh. I just couldn't figure it out. And you never know on this board, since we have such a wide collector base here, I wasn't absolutely sure. :)

Back