Computerfly's custom Spidey PF..errr Comiquette :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-man pants bad. Need rock only better. Wait for next Spider-man, hurry.

Ok, I am still not getting what is not so great looking about the fabric on the Spidey PF. I am thinking that if this were a "real" spidey, he would probably have fabric a lot like the PF Spidey ... I am just not seeing it I guess.

All right back on thread.

CF, I am extremely interested in how this baby is going to turn out. I know you have fantastic photo and digital skills, I did not know that you can sculpt and paint too!

To dig out the remaining fabric, do you have to break the statue? Or do you dig it out and fill it back in?

Sorry, if these sound like amateur questions ... they are and I think this is a way cool thing if it works out.

Ok, I am still not getting what is not so great looking about the fabric on the Spidey PF. I am thinking that if this were a "real" spidey, he would probably have fabric a lot like the PF Spidey ... I am just not seeing it I guess.

CF, I am extremely interested in how this baby is going to turn out. I know you have fantastic photo and digital skills, I did not know that you can sculpt and paint too!

To dig out the remaining fabric, do you have to break the statue? Or do you dig it out and fill it back in?

Sorry, if these sound like amateur questions ... they are and I think this is a way cool thing if it works out.

The fabric isn't all that bad, and a lot of people actually prefer it. For me personally, I prefer a hyper-realistic sculpture. In other words, I want the piece to look just like what I see in the comics. Comics characters and their costumes are fantasy, cloth is reality. Cloth cannot mimic every curve and muscle. Sculpture can. Here's an image that illustrates what I mean:

spideybagley.jpg

Take a look at the knees...the muscles and tendons in the legs, the muscles in the arms and shoulders. Look at the ribcage. Now compare those elements to the stripped down Spidey sculpt:

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

To me, the PF (minus the cloth) IS this rendition of Spidey. If you could reach in to that comic cover and pull out a 3 dimensional version of Spidey, this sculpt would be it. Pablo is a virtuoso of sculpture.

The PF with the cloth is a cosplayer. I think it's that simple. For people that love the cloth, I completely understand why they do. I prefer the sculpture.

My viewpoint concerning cloth really only pertains to Comic characters. Movie characters on the other hand (LotR, Star Wars, etc), I prefer cloth. Cloth is what you saw on screen, and it can be mimicked and reproduced.

Well, I can't actually 'sculpt', lol. That takes real talent. And I'm barely a painter, but I think I can handle this task. ;)

I cut the fabric so I could get a good grip on it, then I pulled it as tight as I could and cut it again right at the seam with an exacto knife. When the pressure was released, the remaining fabric receded back into the crevice.

No such thing as a bad question. I hope it works out as well!!

Last edited:
I have full confidence in my buddy Comp/Steve he is the man I've seen his work and you guys should respect it, who comes into a custom thread and takes a dump on the piece regardless, you knew what PF this was...

THIS IS A AWESOME PIECE
and one of my favs, pajamas or NOT so you COM folks can go where it doesn't shine on the Spidey PF.

WORD.!!!!!!

I PROCLAIM SUCCESS and there I've spoken, what is said is all to be said. :lecture

Last edited:
I full confidence in my buddy Comp/Steve he is the man I've seen his work and you guys should respect it, who comes into a custom thread and takes a dump on the piece regardless, you knew what PF this was...

THIS IS A AWESOME PIECE
and one of my favs, pajamas or NOT so you COM folks can go where it doesn't shine on the Spidey PF.

WORD.!!!!!!

I PROCLAIM SUCCESS and there I've spoken, what is said is all to be said. :lecture

Steve's custom will be 10000000000x better than the PF... and I like the PF.

Looking good Steve although i don't think I would be brave enough to carry out this conversion on my Negative Zone Spidey.

Thanks for the votes of confidence my peeps!

Yeah, this is not one for the Retro/NZ Spideys..lol.

It's coming along nicely. Photos in a couple of days.

Back