Computerfly's custom Spidey PF..errr Comiquette :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yipes. Not a flattering angle.
The body type looks off too.

I agree with Ickwitz.

:D

Yeah, you're right. Because this is SOOOOOO much more accurate: :rotfl

s3hr87.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. Because this is SOOOOOO much more accurate: :rotfl

It's actually so much more of everything.
If you had one, you'd know.

Good luck on your project.
Like Ickwy said, any addition can only be an improvement!
You're certainly on the right track.

:)

I'm 100% certain that the finished product will be 100000x better than that bronze piece.

McFarlane look > everything else

It's actually so much more of everything.
If you had one, you'd know.

It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced by a major manufacturer of comic statues.

SpideyNeck.jpg

Computer Fly, what an outstanding project to take on. I look forward to the progress on the pics with this!

As for the scale on the Spidey, in real view it does not look exagerated at all, that's because the curve in the arm can be seen with the eye when compared to the outstretched arm.

CF, do you plan to do the modification on some of the sculpting as well as do the paint on it yourself? Personally, I think that the detail to the sculpt seems to be there, just a few minor tweaks.

Hey Bats...

It isn't really about the Bronze, or the PF. It's about giving respect. I didn't go into his "Bronze Spidey" thread and make a comment about how goofy I think his bronze is, but it didn't stop him from coming here and making a comment on how he thinks a statue I like is 'off'. It just seems hypocritical to say one sculpt is 'off', while something he owns is somehow 'perfect' regardless of how awkward and out of scale it is. I actually dig the Spidey bronze. My comments above were to make a point about disrespecting other members' passions and interests, not to bash the Spidey Bronze. ::jumps off the soapbox::

CF, do you plan to do the modification on some of the sculpting as well as do the paint on it yourself? Personally, I think that the detail to the sculpt seems to be there, just a few minor tweaks.

Now to your question. I'm going to do the sculpting and the painting. The detail is definitely there. I just have to fill all the seams and bring all the different surfaces together.

Hey Bats...

It isn't really about the Bronze, or the PF. It's about giving respect. I didn't go into his "Bronze Spidey" thread and make a comment about how goofy I think his bronze is, but it didn't stop him from coming here and making a comment on how he thinks a statue I like is 'off'. It just seems hypocritical to say one sculpt is 'off', while something he owns is somehow 'perfect' regardless of how awkward and out of scale it is. I actually dig the Spidey bronze. My comments above were to make a point about disrespecting other members' passions and interests, not to bash the Spidey Bronze. ::jumps off the soapbox::

You took it that personally? You're not new to forums. Surely, you have a thicker skin than that. All I said was the body type seemed off. Surely, I am not the first person to ever comment on that piece, or any piece, for that matter, in that manner.

My arguably passing comment was never intended as a disrespect to you or this thread. As for the pic I quoted -- there clearly was a veneer of jest to it on my part. Goodness, just about every thread I have ever posted in the last ten years featuring a piece I just purchased has had people express opinions I may not have agreed with. That's the forum dynamic. Just look at my recent Alien VS Predator dio thread. Some liked it, others loved it, and others made all sorts of comments regarding its imperfections. It's not the end of the world. At least, not for me. Should everyone start policing what they're thinking of sharing on my threads on the off chance my feelings might get hurt?

All this to say that I get where you're coming from. You didn't appreciate the remark. Fine. Should I run into one of your threads in the future, I'll respect your sensitivities and clear boundaries as to what can and cannot be said, and in what manner, even in jest.

CF, you appear to be one super sensitive cat with a very quick finger on the tantrum trigger. In any event, I look forward to seeing the final product. I imagine it'll look great. Good luck on your project. I sincerely mean that.

:)

Glad you got the point.

But still, an apology with yet another embedded attack. People like you love to pretend that the person you're conversing with is somehow throwing a tantrum. Somehow I guess it makes you feel like you are superior, or taking the high road?? I made a clear concise response. You got the point. How exactly is that a tantrum?

Regardless, thanks for your best wishes. ;)

It will be a week or so before I have something to show you. I'll need to get the sculpting done, then more photos.

Back