Completing the SSC Buffy 12" Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffy commissions

• Wesley

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Tara

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Anya

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Dawn

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Joyce

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Gunn

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Fred/Illyria

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Mayor

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Glory

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Darla

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

He didn't make my list because I wasn't a huge fan. I liked him, and he was a fun pairing with Cordy but never on my list. Just like Xander (bleh) but you can't have a Buffy line without Xander. I just don't feel that way about Doyle. BUT, for you my friend, I'm willing to open my collection to one.
:)

I was so sad to here he passed away all those years ago. It's still weird seeing him on Angel re-runs, knowing that.

After we reach 15 on the poll for a head, and decide what style we want for those heads (which season, hair-do) and find a artist, how long does it usually take for a sculpt to finish?
i wouldn't worry too much about it. we've had these "pipe dream" threads about once a year since the line ended. nothing ever materializes from them. just a wish thread. nothing more.

Wouldn't it be wonderful If we really could get something dome this time around. I mean I'm really desperate for a good Wesley and it looks like some other folks are too.

We have a great many great sculptors on here and surely we could try finding one of them who'd be interested in taking on this commission?

That makes me sad to hear.

The top three choices on the poll right now, Wesley, Tara and Fred/Illyria would be great to have in my collection.

We just need about 5 more people to want Fred/Illyria don't we? To reach 15? I would actually want two of those.

it's fine in theory, but i know a lot of artists want commitment up front, and a lot of people here won't do that. i know i won't pay any money until the head i'm buying is completed and in a box ready to go.

This is by no means a guarantee. There are several sculptors in the custom section that have 'feeler' threads for subjects to sculpt so my thinking is that if they have a built in number of buyers, rather than making a head and waiting to see how many people want it.
Its a long shot, but hopefully less of a long shot than it used to be.

He didn't make my list because I wasn't a huge fan. I liked him, and he was a fun pairing with Cordy but never on my list. Just like Xander (bleh) but you can't have a Buffy line without Xander. I just don't feel that way about Doyle. BUT, for you my friend, I'm willing to open my collection to one.
:)

you make a good point B plus he might be a hard sale cause he was only there for a few show...But he always be the 1st to fall in team Angel:monkey2

This is by no means a guarantee. There are several sculptors in the custom section that have 'feeler' threads for subjects to sculpt so my thinking is that if they have a built in number of buyers, rather than making a head and waiting to see how many people want it.
Its a long shot, but hopefully less of a long shot than it used to be.

Well I haven't sculpted in fair old time, but If we can't find anyone in this place who's interested in a commission for a Wesley, then I'll have a go. :wave

I am going to buy Mudbox soon and explore digital sculpting with the specific goal of creating 1:6 heads from Buffy and Star Trek.

I have sculpted some in the past but frankly lack the eye-hand coordination needed to create a life-like sculpt. I am hoping technology can help bridge the gap between my vision/attention to detail and physical abilities.

I am strongly motivated because most sculptors show little to no interest in female head sculpts past a certain tiny group of "hot" actresses. Anya, Tara and a human-face Drusilla would be my top priorities from Buffy.

Oh god I do hope you have a go because a human faced Dru and Darla would be a must for me. :D

Sadly Trevor will not be able to do any unlicensed Buffy sculpts due to the fact he works for Sideshow and they alone hold the license.

I'd already approached him about it a while back and he sadly had to decline for professional reasons.

No Angel characters either?

Anyone got any links to any Buffy head sculpt?

Well I haven't sculpted in fair old time, but If we can't find anyone in this place who's interested in a commission for a Wesley, then I'll have a go. :wave

Please do, I always loved the JM sculpt you did. I actually think I recall two.

Got any links?

I am going to buy Mudbox soon and explore digital sculpting with the specific goal of creating 1:6 heads from Buffy and Star Trek.

I have sculpted some in the past but frankly lack the eye-hand coordination needed to create a life-like sculpt. I am hoping technology can help bridge the gap between my vision/attention to detail and physical abilities.

I am strongly motivated because most sculptors show little to no interest in female head sculpts past a certain tiny group of "hot" actresses. Anya, Tara and a human-face Drusilla would be my top priorities from Buffy.

Please do, I want a Tara.

Please do, I always loved the JM sculpt you did. I actually think I recall two.

Got any links?

Please do, I want a Tara.

This was the half finished sculpt that I and my friend were working on all those years ago and never finished, Sadly I didn't sculpt the head for it, but just the body and clothes.

3372970409348b216630z.jpg

Yep, looks great. I would possibly be into a commission for these. It would really just depend on the time and cost. So much is coming around and we've decided to stop collecting anything other than the newest Buffy line with ssc. Though, we did pre-order Croft. But that price makes us feel terrible. Not so much with the warm and fuzzies.

This was the half finished sculpt that I and my friend were working on all those years ago and never finished, Sadly I didn't sculpt the head for it, but just the body and clothes.

3372970409348b216630z.jpg

That looks great!! I would def be into a commission on one of those!! :yess:

Back