• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Commerce Poll, Auction Style listings, yay ot Nay??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Auction Style listing be allowed in the Commerce section?

• I don't care I don't use the Commerce Section

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sha! If some people on here are so sensitive to this, then why are they PM'ing me offers?? How about a rule of "Pay full sum in ONE payment, not SEVERAL payments spread over the span of MONTHS"..........:confused:

The payment plan seems like a sure way to cause headaches in MANY ways... This is just pretty crummy. I'm relatively new to the forums here, but NOT new to collecting, and this is VERY whiny and cry-baby like for people to cry over people trying to gauge interest in the sale of their cherished collectibles.. This is a ENTHUSIAST forum, why are we fighting and crying over this?!?! If you got the money and desire for something, GET IT! If not, dont even respond to the thread...

says the guy who was selling his spider-man pf for 800$....:lol:lol:rolleyes:

I think that it works the way it is already. When you put something for sale, it's because you don't want it anymore and need the cash. If you sell something, you know how much it is worth already... so just ask.

If it doesn't sell at your price and you desperately want to move it.... lower the price.

I hate trying to second guess what someone wants for something, really sucks.

Sha! If some people on here are so sensitive to this, then why are they PM'ing me offers?? How about a rule of "Pay full sum in ONE payment, not SEVERAL payments spread over the span of MONTHS"..........:confused:

The payment plan seems like a sure way to cause headaches in MANY ways... This is just pretty crummy. I'm relatively new to the forums here, but NOT new to collecting, and this is VERY whiny and cry-baby like for people to cry over people trying to gauge interest in the sale of their cherished collectibles.. This is a ENTHUSIAST forum, why are we fighting and crying over this?!?! If you got the money and desire for something, GET IT! If not, dont even respond to the thread...

I can assure you that no-one here is fighting or crying over this and no-one individual has been pointed at or accused of anything, so why you refer to people pm'ing you I don't know. Thats not what this thread is about.It it simply so every member of our community can express their opinion on the use of the commerce section if they wish, or just vote, or neither if they prefer.
As I stated earlier I started this thread to find out peoples views in a civil manner as many occasions had been brought to my attention. So rest assured no-one on this Discussion board(or at least that I know of) are so sensitive to be profoundly affected by this, it is simply a way, an opportunity of the community you speak of voicing their opinions on the way the Commerce section is being used atm.

As for payment plans, I cannnot answer unfortunately.Some people accept them, some people don't. The way you deal with payments from your buyers is your business and this forum/Admin or Mods do not have any legal responsibility or preference over your finances and deals.
x :peace

okay people, please take a step back, this is a civil discusssion,nothing personal going on here.

.....Besides I would hate to have to lock my own thread. :lol

Hi All,

We need your help to determine some ground rules in the Commerce section, what poeple are happy with etc.

Recently we have had several threads appear with 'auction' style listings, do you thinks these appropriate for this forum? should be encouraged or avoided?

What are your opinions?Ultimately the decision is Dave's but if we have an idea what people want we can take it from there.

Please let us know so we can help maintain a positive atmosphere in Commerce. Help us, let us know what you think

Thanks all
shell
x :peace

thanks for letting the members decide. although i think auction would be fair to determine exactly what something is worth, at the very least, democracy had it's chance.

thanks for letting the members decide. although i think auction would be fair to determine exactly what something is worth, at the very least, democracy had it's chance.

I just think that with the kind of system we have here, auctions would be a mess. People would fold on deals and everything would get messed up.

IF someone wants to gauge what their item is worth and play the market... Ebay and other auction sites fill the bill.

Here, it's about collectors selling their prized or not so prized items to friends and fellow collectors. We usually sell for less than what we could get on Ebay, mainly to help out our fellow Freaks. If you are selling primarily for profit and not to help out anyone.... there are many other places where you can join in on the draining of collectors wallets. :lol

But here, I like to think we are not all about that.

Yep and you lost,so keep the auctions on ebay.

Let's try to stay civil here guys... It's not a "vs." thread.

Auction's and feelers have their place on the web, and that place is NOT here. This thread is just to voice opinions and to gauge what the feel of the board as a whole is.

Let's try to stay civil here guys... It's not a "vs." thread.

i'm trying to stay civil, but accusations of greed and exploitation need to have something to back them up besides a sore a$$ from having lowball offers refused, but that's all shai has.

Thank DN!!

RIGHT!
This is a CIVIL and polite discussion people,no name calling, no arguing, certainly no insults allowed !!
I've had this thread transferred back to me in Commerce so I can delete and I will.
So please do not ruin what is an entirely genuine thread for all members to participate in, if you do then I will close it, pure and simple.

enough already fellas!

i'm trying to stay civil, but accusations of greed and exploitation need to have something to back them up besides a sore a$$ from having lowball offers refused, but that's all shai has.

Shai may be a bit harsh, but he's honest. He doesn't like the auctions or the feelers, I've known that about him for years now...

Really, the point here is that auctions and feelers are built to do one thing... get more money. I've been on that end... you don't want to offer what you could actually afford because you don't want to undercut the person.. so you end up saying you will pay some inflated price that drains your wallet dry.

It's just that commerce here is not built with that in mind. I think that prices should always be listed. If you want to offer it for the inflated price... just lay it out and let them decide if they want to dump the cash.

But the "Best offer" business never works. People want to know what they are getting into before they send a PM.

Shai may be a bit harsh, but he's honest. He doesn't like the auctions or the feelers, I've known that about him for years now...

Really? Then why is he shooting me offers from my "Feeler" threads? Listen, I'm SOOOO over this... Lets move on. People want the most they can get for their items, unless they're selling to a close relative or a close friend. Unfortunately online forums don't allow people to meet, so building friendships take quite a while... We all love sideshow pieces, we all love collecting.... Lets just share the love!!!! :peace

I have passed on a lot of threads that say "make an offer". I don't know how many of them I would have bought if prices were listed. I'm guessing some. Put your top price and let people negotiate from there. Haggling is different. At least there is a starting point.

Really, the point here is that auctions and feelers are built to do one thing... get more money. I've been on that end... you don't want to offer what you could actually afford because you don't want to undercut the person.. so you end up saying you will pay some inflated price that drains your wallet dry.

It's just that commerce here is not built with that in mind. I think that prices should always be listed. If you want to offer it for the inflated price... just lay it out and let them decide if they want to dump the cash.

But the "Best offer" business never works. People want to know what they are getting into before they send a PM.

how do you gauge the price for a matched set of 'marvel sample' PFs? please, i'm open to any explanation from anyone as to how that would be done without a feeler thread? i know what i paid, but i also know they're worth a lot more. imo, there are some pieces that you can't just look to ebayto find a price for.

Really? Then why is he shooting me offers from my "Feeler" threads? Listen, I'm SOOOO over this... Lets move on. People want the most they can get for their items, unless they're selling to a close relative or a close friend. Unfortunately online forums don't allow people to meet, so building friendships take quite a while... We all love sideshow pieces, we all love collecting.... Lets just share the love!!!! :peace

He explained his side, and everyone explained theirs... I agree... let it drop.

As for your argument about selling to friends... well, that is what this forum is. A group of friends. Many of us call each other, have further correspondence, play online games, meet up at Cons and open our homes to online buddies we may have only met once or never. So this place is like a second home to many of us.

If people want the most they can get from their items, that is fine. Just list the price and see what happens. Or if you want Ebay style auctions.. go to Ebay and post a link to your auction in the Auction Links forum here. Just keep it out of commerce, it doesn't work here.

I'm all for sharing the love, but amongst friends we like to help each other out. Hell, I made a run of Joker customs (13), that I only made $25 per figure on the entire run. I did it that way because I wanted to help out my friends. That's how we operate here.

True, there are some that offer things at high markup. But, sometimes it doesn't sell... You can never tell if it will at that kind of price. Just shows how things work at SSF.

how do you gauge the price for a matched set of 'marvel sample' PFs? please, i'm open to any explanation from anyone as to how that would be done without a feeler thread? i know what i paid, but i also know they're worth a lot more. imo, there are some pieces that you can't just look to ebayto find a price for.

In that case, you offer what you think it might be worth or put it on ebay and let the masses decide for you. It's the only way to go about it. Start at retail and add whatever "sentimental additions" you want to the price. But list a price that sounds reasonable to you, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back