Comic Con 2008 Registration Open

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I got a feelings its gonna be totally nuts. I'm waiting for the SDCC site to start listing panels so I can add that. As of now I only know of SS.

The thread can at least get you organized on what exclusives you're gonna hit up.

Yeah, I got a feelings its gonna be totally nuts. I'm waiting for the SDCC site to start listing panels so I can add that. As of now I only know of SS.

The thread can at least get you organized on what exclusives you're gonna hit up.

I haven't pre-ordered anything but the Dead cheer leader. Is that a problem, or are these exclusives able to be picked up without pre-orders (other than SS stuff)?

I know it's gonna be crazy Saturday, so I will try and do as much as possible on Thurs and Friday, so Saturday will be more of a "soaking it up" kind of experience. I know I will be trying to make the Thursday SSC panel too, can't miss that.

And Scott... I will call you sometime this week... I keep putting it off and getting too caught up in painting and school work. :lol

I haven't pre-ordered anything but the Dead cheer leader. Is that a problem, or are these exclusives able to be picked up without pre-orders (other than SS stuff)?

SDCC exclusive purchasing depends on the company. Many have the option to just buy them there (which sometimes includes HUGE line waits) and others require that you do buy them ahead of time to then pick-up (though even then there or some companies that will sell the extras they couldn't unload during pre-orders).

Yup, it's gonna be a crazy con. Though 4 day and Saturday had already sold out before the con started last year. Friday was sold out a little bit late then it did this year.

I hate crowds.....I think I'm going to be needing to hit the bars after a day at CC. :lol

I hate crowds.....I think I'm going to be needing to hit the bars after a day at CC. :lol

You'll need to hit them before and after the con. Hehe.

The crowds are much easier to deal with (in the exhibitors hall that is where they are the worst) if you navigate well.

I know it's gonna be crazy Saturday, so I will try and do as much as possible on Thurs and Friday, so Saturday will be more of a "soaking it up" kind of experience. I know I will be trying to make the Thursday SSC panel too, can't miss that.

And Scott... I will call you sometime this week... I keep putting it off and getting too caught up in painting and school work. :lol

No problem. I think I'm going to leave Phoenix at maybe like 4:00 AM Thursday morning so I can get there by 10:00 AM, it's about a 6 hour drive (and probably $100 in gas :monkey2).

I hear parking is a ^^^^^^. Is it really that bad by 10:00 AM, or should I try and get there by 8:00 AM?

No problem. I think I'm going to leave Phoenix at maybe like 4:00 AM Thursday morning so I can get there by 10:00 AM, it's about a 6 hour drive (and probably $100 in gas :monkey2).

I hear parking is a ^^^^^^. Is it really that bad by 10:00 AM, or should I try and get there by 8:00 AM?

OMG getting there at 10AM and trying to find parking can be a pain. I speak from experience.

8 AM or 10 AM you won't find close parking. Back in the days when I drove down for the day I'd park at the metro station with the clocktower - end of 13th street or something? Just a quick hop on the train to the convention center.

I think I'm going to bring walky talkies. But I only have two.

Awesome! That would definitely make things easier. It's going to be a pain to keep up with everything, I know this is going to be huge. I see a lot of after Con drinking to cope. :lol

And 6 hour drive? Wow... You will be happy to stand in line after that. I will be flying in and arriving on Wed night at around 9PM.

I don't know how people met up there without cellphones. What a pain that must have been. Luckily Sideshow's booth is always an easy meeting point as it is practically visable in most of the hall.

Awesome! That would definitely make things easier. It's going to be a pain to keep up with everything, I know this is going to be huge. I see a lot of after Con drinking to cope. :lol

And 6 hour drive? Wow... You will be happy to stand in line after that. I will be flying in and arriving on Wed night at around 9PM.

I thought about flying, but for me it will probably be about the same cost (not including time) and I don't want to deal with all the recent hassles from the airlines. Especially since I plan on bringing some stuff back.

For me it's optional, for anybody further east, not so much.

Stupid question: Is there beer at the con? Stadium prices? I'm guessing no.

Yeah, I understand that. Airlines are hell... :lol

And if you are not going to be there until Thurs morning... should I find a place to crash Wed night or will I be able to check in at the place we are staying at? Just want to be sure, I don't want to end up under a bridge somewhere. :rotfl

Yeah, I understand that. Airlines are hell... :lol

And if you are not going to be there until Thurs morning... should I find a place to crash Wed night or will I be able to check in at the place we are staying at? Just want to be sure, I don't want to end up under a bridge somewhere. :rotfl

PM sent.......

Damn a 6 hour drive? I'm lucky I only have a 2 hour drive to deal with.(the way back is a three hour drive, go figure?) I always leave no later than 4 a.m so I get there by 6-6:30 and there is plenty of parking under the convention center by then.

Last year I got there late about 8 a.m. and the convention center parking was full, and they opened the baseball stadium parking structure adjacent to the convention center which was filling up fast.

Also convention center/stadium pricing is way cheaper ($8 bucks I think), than the gouging private lots of $15-$20 bucks.:horror

If I were you I would leave no later than 1 a.m. to be assured very close parking.

I don't know how people met up there without cellphones. What a pain that must have been. Luckily Sideshow's booth is always an easy meeting point as it is practically visable in most of the hall.

Its not quite that bad but its much easier to just use the SS booth as a meeting point.

Well, looks like the schedule for Thursday is up. Seems a bit early to start putting these up (usually they go up about a week ahead of time) but pretty cool to have one day up.
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

Nice! The first year I went they went up like two weeks ahead but the last two years just a week. The earlier the better IMO as it lets people plan.

Back