Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the Cyclops looks like this version

astonishingxmensketchbook.jpg

They design a great face for the Colossus bust, then screw it up on the maquette?
The Production Manager should be FIRED if they approve this "mug" for release. They've been releasing some real "duds" as of late.

There all over the map SS that is, Thankfully that there are some out there that can spot these uncharacteristic combination's, I know am starting to wonder what the EX version is, If there is one

I hope the Cyclops looks like this version

astonishingxmensketchbook.jpg

Whoa! It's all coming together, you're probably right. See that Cyclops costume looks pretty awesome, so they are banking on the fact that if they make a 1/4 scale PF first, people will get that and still get the Cyclops as a 1/5 comiquette when it comes out cos of his threads.

They design a great face for the Colossus bust, then screw it up on the maquette?
The Production Manager should be FIRED if they approve this "mug" for release. They've been releasing some real "duds" as of late.

I think it was intentional.

Just like they wanted to stray as far away from the Jet Li, um I mean Jim Lee version in the Psylocke Com and the Hulk PF/Movie Version of long hair in the Hulk Com. They are intentionally making it as different as possible so people can justify getting both PF and comiquette versions without saying hey they look almost the same. The problem is they are deviating and following this rule so much so that it's potentially ruining the look for some or possibly many of the fans.

Let's see how we can make people buy 2 of each - Change scale, change costume, change look and reference art, change hairstyle, add features (switch out part/light up etc). They take those factors and see which they can tweak the most without people gettin' annoyed while still making as many buy both versions possible. But sometimes they may go too far and it sacrifices the look of the piece.

He and Nightcrawler look terrible IMO. How can the NOT go with the classic look?

sometimes its not up to the company, they still have to send stuff to marvel for approval. And Im sure marvel would rather have current versions of their characters available.

Statues and other medias usually are used to draw the consumer into the primary media, which in this case is comics. If the statue is too far off from the current look of the comics, it may not bring in any new readers.

just a thought........

Seriously? You really like this? :thud:

I like it for what it is.

Its a nice sculpt of Colossus. Not the costume I want, but better than nothing at all. And definitely better than another spiderman, ironman, cap, blade, wolverine or hulk

I Love this statue. Can't wait to see the PF version.

I wish I could say the same about the Nightcrawler Com *sigh*

I find it funny how they show current Bianchi versions of Colossus and Nightcrawler, and then throw in a classic look Rogue, like thats gonna round it all out.

I find it funny how they show current Bianchi versions of Colossus and Nightcrawler, and then throw in a classic look Rogue, like thats gonna round it all out.

It was that or Emma PF, the giant monster that will eat the other two.

I dont think the Nightcrawler is a Bianchi version though.

This is a Binachi style:

XM_NIGHTCRAWLER_COV.jpg

Notice the X mark on the top left side of the chest. The SIdeshow nightcrawler com has the X mark on the middle. I have seen it before but not Bianchi style i am familiar with.

ps...the cover is not done by Bianchi but Bianchi's costume style.

He looks absolutely awesome. It is not the version I want, because my definitive Colossus should be wearing his classic costume, BUT this Comiquette is amazing.

I'll just hold out for classic costumes or nothing. At that price, I'm not interested in funky "modern" interpretations of characters that will be completely out of style in a few years.

I'll just hold out for classic costumes or nothing. At that price, I'm not interested in funky "modern" interpretations of characters that will be completely out of style in a few years.

well said. If I am forking over this kind of dough, give me classic versions all the way. I am happy they are making these modern versions in 1/5. Leave the 1/4 scale pfs for the classic versions most fans want.

Back