Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huge disappointment. I would've loved to add sideshow's version of collossus and nightcrawler. oh well, there are already multiple 1/4 scale versions of collossus out there...I just hope someone decides to make the nightcrawler I grew up with.

Well now the question will be. How many folks change there mind when they start to see in hand pictures etc. We all know by now that this is how all Sideshow pieces are recieved initially upon being revealed. I was guilty of this when it came to Punisher, and almost caved into the Silver Surfer but held strong to my initial decision to pass that one up.

Last edited:
It's OK with me that these aren't in the style I would want either. Actually I'm kinda happy they aren't since I don't have the room for very many more large scale pieces :lol

I think they look awesome though, especially the nightcrawler.

I like it but I would have preferred the classic costume as well. Hopefully the PF will be classic Colossus. I'm glad Sideshow changes up costumes from time to time because imo it would get boring seeing them in the same outfit everytime but that's just me.

I like it but I would have preferred the classic costume as well. Hopefully the PF will be classic Colossus. I'm glad Sideshow changes up costumes from time to time because imo it would get boring seeing them in the same outfit everytime but that's just me.

That's why to some extent I like the direction that Sideshow has taken. I don't sell off my statues to aquire other statues, and nor do I worry about scale. Just like in my avatar. I like all sizes and different costumes, just add more flavor to a character driven collection. I think that why some have a problems with all these different rendition of characters.

I read tons of comics....that is the Ultimate Universe Colossus !!

The picture you quoted may be of Ultimate Colossus, but the uniform is from Astonishing Xmen when Simone Bianchi took over the book

astonishingxmensketchbook.jpg

Of which, Im not too fond of

Wow Gambit PF is gonna tower over him. Grats to those getting him.

Yeah, I think I am completely done with 1/5th. I know some people don't mind the different scales, but I like my collection to look uniform. 1/6th together and 1/4th together. The only exceptions will be my Wolverine comiquette and if Sideshow starts making X-Men villains in 1/5th.

I wont allow scale prevent me picking up my favourite Xman. I will buy both scales.

K if this were Cyclops and 1/5 i am sure you would buy it.

I wont allow scale prevent me picking up my favourite Xman. I will buy both scales.
K if this were Cyclops and 1/5 i am sure you would buy it.

:monkey3 hmmm...____, you are right. Maybe I will pick up the 1/5th Astonishing Colossus and Nightcrawler because, now that you said it, I have a feeling we will see a 1/5th Astonishing Cyclops to go with the Jim Lee 1/4th.

Room is just a premium for me right now; I am already watching Craigslist to see if I can get another lighted display cabinet and I gotta go to Ikea to buy a detolf. The best thing is that after Ms. Marvel and the 1/4th Iron Man ships, and we get a new Hulk in 1/4th, I will be done with anything outside of X-Men.

I prefer the look of the Astonishing Cyclops over the Jim Lee utility belt version. What exactly did Cyclops carry in those pockets?

I prefer the look of the Astonishing Cyclops over the Jim Lee utility belt version. What exactly did Cyclops carry in those pockets?

Yeah, I like the Astonishing costume alot better as well because it has a more militant look. As far as the pockets go...ask Jean Grey what he kept in there. :monkey1

Same with Cable, Bishop etc. Just lazy design if you ask me. And now he has destroyed the look of Wonder Woman.

with the 1st pic and the close up, I think they could have been more true to the character, I agree with CJ the picture may be of Ultimate Colossus, but the uniform is from Astonishing Xmen when Simone Bianchi took over the book, with that said I hope when the PF comes out it's the Black Uniform :pray: IMO they could have done a better job on the face, I may have to let it grow on me but I will obtain Him for Names sake, SS is trying to empty my bank account :pfft::lol

with the 1st pic and the close up, I think they could have been more true to the character, I agree with CJ the picture may be of Ultimate Colossus, but the uniform is from Astonishing Xmen when Simone Bianchi took over the book, with that said I hope when the PF comes out it's the Black Uniform :pray: IMO they could have done a better job on the face, I may have to let it grow on me but I will obtain Him for Names sake, SS is trying to empty my bank account :pfft::lol

Me too, Black FTMW! Sadly, I doubt that will happen :x

Back