College Football 2011 thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some small news reporters are reporting that Sandusky was possibly pimping the boys out to rich donaters. This is just going to get worse. A lot of people don't know this either. However, I'm from close to the area. The DA that originally investigated this was found dead years ago. Why no one is reporting that I don't know? They apparently found a disc of his in the river and a search of his computer found that he was looking up how to destroy computer evidence.

This goes far deeper than just the school I believe. There are some very rich and powerful people that were a part (or knew) about this in some way.

I can barely handle how bad the story is as of now if it gets to this point i really dont think i can handle it.... the disgustingness of humans never ceases to amaze.

I can barely handle how bad the story is as of now if it gets to this point i really dont think i can handle it.... the disgustingness of humans never ceases to amaze.

I'm hating the reactions I'm reading on Facebook from people. These same people who called for Vicks execution because he killed dogs are spazzing out because they fired Paterno. While Vicks crimes are horrible no doubt, how can they not see the HUGE difference here. We are talking about children! It angers me beyond belief.

I've decided not to post about it there because I will just argue with many people that don't see it that way. How people think he should still be coaching is beyond me. And the students that are protesting and rioting is insane. All those smarts needed to be accepted to that school and it seems some of them have no damn common sense.

I simply would ask anyone if it was your child, brother, sister, nephew, or whoever, would you still say that he did enough? If the answer is yes then IMO you are nucking futs.

I'm hating the reactions I'm reading on Facebook from people. These same people who called for Vicks execution because he killed dogs are spazzing out because they fired Paterno. While Vicks crimes are horrible no doubt, how can they not see the HUGE difference here. We are talking about children! It angers me beyond belief.

I've decided not to post about it there because I will just argue with many people that don't see it that way. How people think he should still be coaching is beyond me. And the students that are protesting and rioting is insane. All those smarts needed to be accepted to that school and it seems some of them have no damn common sense.

I simply would ask anyone if it was your child, brother, sister, nephew, or whoever, would you still say that he did enough? If the answer is yes then IMO you are nucking futs.

You are right on, I don't agree with you all of the time but on this topic, I am 100% with you.

There is a huge difference between Paterno and Vick, one was told of something by someone else about something that person did the other personally killed dogs.

What's the biggest joke of all of this is they fired just about everyone but the second most responsible person. The coach who personally saw it, didn't call cops instead called his dad then the next day told Paterno something about what he saw.

It seems that since Paterno was only one people knew they had to make him the fall guy.

They should all be fired, and I wouldn't doubt that as the investigation continues, more evidence of a coverup will come out.

How people can be defending Paterno at this point amazes me. And the rioting that went down last night, pathetic. Of course I wouldn't expect much from 18-21 year old know-nothing college students in the first place.

As for the DA stuff, if that is indeed true, then this is going to get out of hand.

That's because there are dumbasses on this earth who care more about their pets than other human beings.

And no, I'm not a pet hater.

Well I would say you can defend Paterno because no one besides two people truely know what he was told. If he knew exactly what happened then yes shame on him, but if he was told of horseplay as some has reported that is what he was told of then that's a whole different story.

As more I hear he seems to be the scapegoat. He didn't touch the kids, he didn't witness the act yet he is made out to be the biggest villain here.

Honestly it will be a travesty if the Penn State football team takes the field again until next season at a minimum. I know some fans will stammer about how the players are innocent, which no one disputes. That football team, however, as an institution is that for which the lives of children were sacrificed. The symbolism of that cannot be overlooked.

To allow that institution to continue, business as usual, would be a travesty. The only compromise I would allow for the sake of the student athletes is a closed-stadium game, meaning no public, no media. European football clubs have used similar punishments, although mainly in response to fan behaviour.

Lol. You think Penn St is just gonna quit playing football. Do have any idea how much money is involved? They are cleaning house. Like they should be.

Well I would say you can defend Paterno because no one besides two people truely know what he was told. If he knew exactly what happened then yes shame on him, but if he was told of horseplay as some has reported that is what he was told of then that's a whole different story.

As more I hear he seems to be the scapegoat. He didn't touch the kids, he didn't witness the act yet he is made out to be the biggest villain here.

I really don't think he is the biggest villain at all. However I don't see the defense either. If someone came to you at work and told you they just saw a coworker in the bathroom ____ing a 10 year old boy, would you just tell your boss and call it a day? I don't think so. The way your mouth runs the whole office would know in 27 seconds. As well as the neighboring buildings and hopefully police.

So if Minnesota was playing Penn St this weekend you wouldn't care about the game at all? You wouldn't care that they are talking about cancelling the game and you wouldn't care about all the idiots rioting and protesting and who knows what they will do? All I'm saying is I'm interested in how things unfold on Saturday. In no way am I saying I don't care about the victims and their families. Of course that should be the center of attention and everything else comes secondary...that is basically implied in my mind.

1. No, I wouldn't care. The victims are on my mind.

2. I never said the game should be canceled. Quite frankly, I wouldn't care less if it was.

3. If dumbass students are going to riot, I hope they're met with police force.

Well I'm a Nebraska fan and I care...just like how I'm sure you care about your college football team's game this weekend.

Sounds like you care more about the outcome of a football game? :dunno

Lol. You think Penn St is just gonna quit playing football. Do have any idea how much money is involved? They are cleaning house. Like they should be.

____ you and your "lol".

Shockingly I do think some things are more important than football. There is no amount of revenue worth more than a child's innocence or the integrity of a public university.

If King Football just rolls on unimpeded for the sake of money or tradition, it just reinforces the perverse mindset of 'team first' that led to this tragedy.

I really don't think he is the biggest villain at all. However I don't see the defense either. If someone came to you at work and told you they just saw a coworker in the bathroom ____ing a 10 year old boy, would you just tell your boss and call it a day? I don't think so. The way your mouth runs the whole office would know in 27 seconds. As well as the neighboring buildings and hopefully police.

Paterno is not off the hook. Once the secure a conviction on Sandusky, Paterno and Spanier could also be charged. In fact charging the big fish after the crime is proven in court would make prosecution of the cover-up actions easier I would think.

Agree totally with you. Those idiot students just made a bad university look even worse. "Let's riot and trash news' vans...that'll show them." Yes Joe wasn't guilty but he could have and should done have much, much more. Sorry, but if I know someone is abusing kids in the locker down from my office the last thing he'll worry about is the police. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
1. No, I wouldn't care. The victims are on my mind.

2. I never said the game should be canceled. Quite frankly, I wouldn't care less if it was.

3. If dumbass students are going to riot, I hope they're met with police force.

Sounds like you care more about the outcome of a football game? :dunno

I understand that. All I was saying is that in response to my saying of I wonder what's going to happen Saturday your, response was "who cares" I'm saying that even though this tragedy is going on...there is still the fact that there are two top #20 teams playing each other, and as a fan of Nebraska I along with thousands of others still care about football and my team.

I think we can both agree that the victims should be first and foremost in all of this, and in no way does a football game have any relevance or importance to what the main point is here.

It's a tragedy that this happened at all, and its a tragedy that a person with power inside one of the top football programs in the country used that power to help in these sick acts. This whole thing just makes me sick.

First if they came to me I would have done one of two things, one asked did he contact law enforcemt if not tell him to contact them, then enform my boss. At that point since I didn't see it there is not much more I can do.

Second what law did Paterno break? Only person who has any legal problems is the coach (who still has his job) who saw it and didn't contact police. Though he will also be a star witness for DA so he has leverage.

Last I still am amazed at how many people state like its a fact that Paterno knew exactly what happened yet not once has a creditable piece of evidence shows that.

I will reserve my judgement until I know exactly what he knew.

Back