College Football 2011 thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I would say you can defend Paterno because no one besides two people truely know what he was told. If he knew exactly what happened then yes shame on him, but if he was told of horseplay as some has reported that is what he was told of then that's a whole different story.

As more I hear he seems to be the scapegoat. He didn't touch the kids, he didn't witness the act yet he is made out to be the biggest villain here.

First if they came to me I would have done one of two things, one asked did he contact law enforcemt if not tell him to contact them, then enform my boss. At that point since I didn't see it there is not much more I can do.

Second what law did Paterno break? Only person who has any legal problems is the coach (who still has his job) who saw it and didn't contact police. Though he will also be a star witness for DA so he has leverage.

Last I still am amazed at how many people state like its a fact that Paterno knew exactly what happened yet not once has a creditable piece of evidence shows that.

I will reserve my judgement until I know exactly what he knew.

OMG!

I didn't think you were so ignorant, Marc.

GTFO of this thread! :mad:

I understand that. All I was saying is that in response to my saying of I wonder what's going to happen Saturday your, response was "who cares" I'm saying that even though this tragedy is going on...there is still the fact that there are two top #20 teams playing each other, and as a fan of Nebraska I along with thousands of others still care about football and my team.

I think we can both agree that the victims should be first and foremost in all of this, and in no way does a football game have any relevance or importance to what the main point is here.

It's a tragedy that this happened at all, and its a tragedy that a person with power inside one of the top football programs in the country used that power to help in these sick acts. This whole thing just makes me sick.

If you're talking about the atmosphere of this football game, okay then. If you're talking about the outcome....score wise then I don't care.

Yes, I can agree 100% with your last two paragraphs.

Well I would say you can defend Paterno because no one besides two people truely know what he was told. If he knew exactly what happened then yes shame on him, but if he was told of horseplay as some has reported that is what he was told of then that's a whole different story.

As more I hear he seems to be the scapegoat. He didn't touch the kids, he didn't witness the act yet he is made out to be the biggest villain here.

Let's just say for one second you're right about the horseplay, you don't think it's his job to know what really happened? Has Paterno insulated himself to such a point where it's football...football 24/7?

If he didn't know, he should have known. It's his job to know! It's called "Lack of Institutional Control." Paterno is Penn State. He has more power there than anyone else including the AD and the President.

Don't give me that, "he didn't touch the kids" bit. Someone who doesn't follow up on the matter, which allows the abuse to go on and on is just as guilty as the original perpetrator.

Defend Paterno all you want, this is going to get worse. This will go down as the most shameful story in collegiate sports history.

It is not about the law. It is about human decency and moral responsibilities to others. If cannot grasp that now, I doubt you ever will.

Your the one who said they were going to charge him:dunno

Last time I checked you have to break a law to be charged.

Your the one who said they were going to charge him:dunno

Last time I checked you have to break a law to be charged.

Wrong. I said they might charge him. The bigger this gets, the more likely that will become.

And if the allegations that Sandusky's retirement in 1999 was part of an agreed upon cover-up by multiple parties in the university, then Paterno will face far more serious charges than just perjury.

He didn't touch the kids, he didn't witness the act yet he is made out to be the biggest villain here.

Read this...

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/1...tered-a-dream-by-contributing-to-a-nightmare/

"But behind this dark cloud sits Paterno. We know that when the allegations of what Sandusky did were brought to the head coach, Paterno informed his athletic director as he should have and was required to. But that was all he did. And that silence is too damn deafening."

"Paterno failed in his role as coach, teacher, mentor, and responsible adult when he took no further action on Sandusky legally, even keeping Sandusky on staff after learning of the terrible things the assistant coach had done."

"A monster was allowed to do its dirty work for the sake of football pretending to be happy in the Valley. Others share responsibility, surely, but Paterno is Penn State, and as Penn State is now reaping the shame it has sewn, so should the head coach."

"And to those who will defend him or anyone else involved in this sad story, I wish the worst kind of evil on you, beyond the pain that has been brought on Sandusky’s victims and their families. You are the problem as much as Paterno has been."

Here's a link to the 23-page Sandusky Grand Jury Report...

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/07/sandusky-grand-jury-report/

Hey mfoga, let me know if you puke while reading that report and go to hell!

Last edited:
Wrong. I said they might charge him. The bigger this gets, the more likely that will become.

And if the allegations that Sandusky's retirement in 1999 was part of an agreed upon cover-up by multiple parties in the university, then Paterno will face far more serious charges than just perjury.

But the witnessed incident occurred in 2002. I think Joe Pa will never be charged with anything. Ever.

____ you and your "lol".

Shockingly I do think some things are more important than football. There is no amount of revenue worth more than a child's innocence or the integrity of a public university.

If King Football just rolls on unimpeded for the sake of money or tradition, it just reinforces the perverse mindset of 'team first' that led to this tragedy.

Yeah, Just go ahead tell a couple thousand people they don't have a job anymore because of some sick freak that retired 12 years ago. Wow. I think people are thinking this through way too much. This guy will get his day in court and he will have to face the charges. Penn St is cleaning house right now to everyone that was tied to this scandel. Why on earth is this different than anything else in life. Some people act like Penn St is promoting raping small boys and it is still happening today. This happened 9 years ago people. The facts will come out and then we can sit here and play judge. Cancel the football program, rah, rah, rah. Geez. Where's the pitch forks and torches?:peace:peace

Yeah, Just go ahead tell a couple thousand people they don't have a job anymore because of some sick freak that retired 12 years ago. Wow. I think people are thinking this through way too much. This guy will get his day in court and he will have to face the charges. Penn St is cleaning house right now to everyone that was tied to this scandel. Why on earth is this different than anything else in life. Some people act like Penn St is promoting raping small boys and it is still happening today. This happened 9 years ago people. The facts will come out and then we can sit here and play judge. Cancel the football program, rah, rah, rah. Geez. Where's the pitch forks and torches?:peace:peace

Now wait a second. This monster had access to Penn State facilities up until last week! If you honestly believe that it ended 9 years ago and he reformed think again.

WTF? I don't even know where to begin to answer something like this? :dunno

Now wait a second. This monster had access to Penn State facilities up until last week! If you honestly believe that it ended 9 years ago and he reformed think again.

100% on as usual.

Last edited:

What I take away from your post is: King Football is untouchable no matter the circumstances.

If potentially the worst criminal conspiracy in the history of American higher education cannot make you see the need to reign in big time college sports, then nothing ever will.

What I take away from your post is: King Football is untouchable no matter the circumstances.

If potentially the worst criminal conspiracy in the history of American higher education cannot make you see the need to reign in big time college sports, then nothing ever will.

Nothing near to that. What I'm saying is everyone that was involved in this sick crap will pay for their actions. But these kids that are playing the game this weekend have NOTHING to do with it. These workers at the stadium and 99.9% of the employees in this program have NOTHING to do with it. So punish who deserves to be punished. Some people are acting like they should burn down the entire University because of this sick scandal. How is any of that King Football? Doesn't matter if it was a coach on the swim team. It all should be dealt with the same.

so because the sick freak used a Penn St facility a few weeks ago you think he was still raping 10 year old boys at this time as well??? Just wait until we actually know what went down before we start trying to burn the entire University. I'm not saying the man reformed at all but I'm not about to sit here and think that it was happening last week. Use some common sense people.

Nothing near to that. What I'm saying is everyone that was involved in this sick crap will pay for their actions. But these kids that are playing the game this weekend have NOTHING to do with it. These workers at the stadium and 99.9% of the employees in this program have NOTHING to do with it. So punish who deserves to be punished. Some people are acting like they should burn down the entire University because of this sick scandal. How is any of that King Football? Doesn't matter if it was a coach on the swim team. It all should be dealt with the same.

So by logical extension, you oppose all NCAA penalties?

The current USC players, stadium workers, etc. have nothing to do with Pete Carroll and that guy who dated Kim Kardashian. Same is true at Ohio State with Jim Tressell and the Pryor having left. Or a dozen other schools where the offending parties are no longer there.

Institutions have to be punished for crimes committed on behalf of the institution and this case is perhaps the most egregious example of that possible. The cover-up of Sandusky's rapes was done for the football programme, regardless of the current players. If the football programme walks away from this with no official and severe punishment is is a travesty of justice.

If you cannot see that then I feel sorry for you.

so because the sick freak used a Penn St facility a few weeks ago you think he was still raping 10 year old boys at this time as well???

Are you just trolling?

Sexual predators are such a dangerous class of criminals because they commit their crime habitually. Penn State acted with gross negligence on multiple levels over multiple years in order to protect the image of the football programme. As a result numerous more children have been raped...all for King Football. Please really think about that.

*By the way I actually enjoy college football, or rather I used to. Between this scandal and the two deaths at Notre Dame last year, I can not bear to watch it any more. Human lives are not worth my being entertained on Saturdays.

So by logical extension, you oppose all NCAA penalties?

The current USC players, stadium workers, etc. have nothing to do with Pete Carroll and that guy who dated Kim Kardashian. Same is true at Ohio State with Jim Tressell and the Pryor having left. Or a dozen other schools where the offending parties are no longer there.

Institutions have to be punished for crimes committed on behalf of the institution and this case is perhaps the most egregious example of that possible. The cover-up of Sandusky's rapes was done for the football programme, regardless of the current players. If the football programme walks away from this with no official and severe punishment is is a travesty of justice.

If you cannot see that then I feel sorry for you.

By your logic the school should be shutdown and the students forced to stop taking classes. The president of the school is involved so the who school should be punished.

By your logic the school should be shutdown and the students forced to stop taking classes. The president of the school is involved so the who school should be punished.

The whole school should be punished to some degree. The cover-up was on behalf of the football team, however, and that is the institution that needs to bear the most significant punishment

Punishing a single sports team of 100-200 athletes and staff is hardly comparable to sending home 45,000 students and dismantling the primary purpose of a university, academics.

It is typical of clowns like you that you take everything to extremes like that in your thinking. It really just announces your immature attachment to football, such that you will make any excuse, however ridiculous, to keep it going.

The whole school should be punished to some degree. The cover-up was on behalf of the football team, however, and that is the institution that needs to bear the most significant punishment

Punishing a single sports team of 100-200 athletes and staff is hardly comparable to sending home 45,000 students and dismantling the primary purpose of a university, academics.

It is typical of clowns like you that you take everything to extremes like that in your thinking. It really just announces your immature attachment to football, such that you will make any excuse, however ridiculous, to keep it going.
I am just using your logic, if you don't like it maybe you should think about what you are saying.

mfoga, your response is pathetic. I make a solid effort to explain my position and all you can do try and turn it back on me without offering any rebuttal of substance.

Back