College Football 2011 thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole school should be punished to some degree. The cover-up was on behalf of the football team, however, and that is the institution that needs to bear the most significant punishment

Punishing a single sports team of 100-200 athletes and staff is hardly comparable to sending home 45,000 students and dismantling the primary purpose of a university, academics.

It is typical of clowns like you that you take everything to extremes like that in your thinking. It really just announces your immature attachment to football, such that you will make any excuse, however ridiculous, to keep it going.

I doubt the NCAA will do anything considering this is a criminal case about a long retired coach & doesn't involve any student athletes under scholarship

This statue is creeping me out.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901656&ref=home&new&preorder#!prettyPhoto[product_gallery]/2/

Not funny. Anyway it really is disgusting. They all should go down hard for this. Everyone one of those people covering it up.

way to break the ice prog.....puffs...if it does indeed come out that this scandal was indeed a cover up to save the football program then the NCAA may have a case to punish the football program. But it's not like they are going to give Penn St the death penalty or say that Penn St can no longer field a football team. It just won't happen. Sorry. If that's what you want out of all of this then you just aren't being realistic. Just let things play out because I'm sure we don't know 95% of what has transpired. Justice will be served and hopefully we as people can use this terrible case to educate our children and peers to stand up to these sick freaks.

way to break the ice prog.....puffs...if it does indeed come out that this scandal was indeed a cover up to save the football program then the NCAA may have a case to punish the football program.

Fair enough. As long as you can be open minded about that possibility, then I agree that the more drastic measures are not called for until the legal case is resolved.

I still think forfeiting at least the game tomorrow (er...today, having just looked at the clock) would have been the classiest move to show that sports are not the most important thing at Penn State. I would expect Michigan, my alma mater, to do even more in the same position.

LOL things make more sense now.

Michigan wouldn't have canceled the game.

I could only imagine what they would think should be done if had Ohio St.

Well the polls have Alabama (4 in both) behind Stanford (2 and 3) yet they are ahead in BCS:dunno

Really? Boise state played who Georgia and the who knew that school existed state and university of where is that.

Stanford has beat USC who no one pays attention to because they cant make a bowl and Washington both in the top 25 and have a game against #7 Oregon this weekend.

Back to the football discussion, hey I love Georgia but I don't think they are a really strong team this year. So, I will stick to my previous statement though and say Boise State should be ahead of Stanford. I still don't think Stanford is that strong and would lose to either LSU or Alabama. Heck I really don't think they would win against Boise State. The PAC is weak and has been for a while. Hopefully Stanford will play LSU in the title game so there will be a route like Ohio State.

PREDICTION
Wisconsin...45
Minnesota...24

My Goofs have been playing better lately and should keep this game close until late in the 3rd quarter when the Badgers pull away.

Back