Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging Platform

Thanks for the feedback Sean!

I previously had the ability to add "favorites" which was that little heart. You would get notifications if things changed with their stash, comments, etc. However I didn't have a good way of seeing what you favored or breaking down those activities by that. I have plans coming up that will basically revamp all of that. Favorites are now gonna turn into a way to basically say you like a collectible. Similar to favoring a tweet on twitter. Something other than your wishlist, which I feel is for things you want to buy at some point, where a favorite is just something you like but not want to buy.

Then I plan to add some sort of friends thing or something where you can favorite or add people so you can follow them, etc.

Good call! I can put that on the backlog.

Haha, I also agree this is a problem. If anything I can get him on the home page, when you are not logged in, as that will be the first page people should see who are going to the site for the first time from a promo.

Something like share on facebook, twitter or even just a direct link to send in an email or post on a forum?

That is 100% in the works still! We did the first steps, which was starting to generate numbers around how much you spent or the retail value of your collection. The next steps are a way to export for exactly that. I might do excel first but then we can support other formats later.

Sorry if I come across as a nit-picker just bringing up stuff that you probably already touched on.

---

I think under your account there can be a tab for favorites. You can add edit faves. Or maybe you can follow a friends stash. Getting notifications when they do something. This could require approval by the user to insure they are not letting some stranger in ...

This can allow increased interaction such as comments and stuff to people you want to know about.

It all depends on how you want to take it.

---
As for the link... I think it is more like a code to embed a link on your personal page somewhere like Rebelscum does with their vendors. Helps people who have sites support the site.

I also like the idea of social network buttons.

Twitter
Blogger
Pinterest
WordPress
and yes even Facebook ... I guess :p

---

Excel is good for customizing. If you can come up with a standard format, a PDF is great. Looks very professional without a lot of work.

---

I had a few other things but they are escaping me at this time.

Ah so you mean be able to embed something from Collection Stash elsewhere? I am not sure what the rebelscum one looks like?

Ah so you mean be able to embed something from Collection Stash elsewhere? I am not sure what the rebelscum one looks like?

I'll check.

Oh and bro I would have numbered the pins like last time. Thanks.

thwak_back.gif
thwak_back.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but...I've been trying to add stuff to my stash (finally)and as soon as I leave the page to look a upc code or take a pic and return, all my info is gone when my page reloads. :gah
Is there a save button?

This is definitely the place, ask away!

Are you adding collectibles to your stash or submitting new collectibles to the catalog? If you are adding collectibles to your stash what page are you on?

Darth Madden and ricoanthony (not sure if he is on the boards) are also going to receive a full set of Spook buttons for reporting defects.

Back