Collection Photos and Drawin's (Huge update on last page)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Photos and Drawin's

Thanks man. The plan with the story is to write a written narrative which is accompanied by illustrations. Similar to what Clive Barker did with Abarat or the illustrated Terry Pratchett book The Last Hero.

Here's Skip.

5898198110_846b9a39c7_b.jpg

… and Kris Leamas.

5902587734_0f1d7d8259_b.jpg

Last edited:

TIM! Just need to do Nine now.

5917014737_26fe4ed8a9_b.jpg

Finished wallpaper:

5935691442_ee4d9ed9f8_o.png

Last edited:

^^^Awesome.

Thanks man. The plan with the story is to write a written narrative which is accompanied by illustrations. Similar to what Clive Barker did with Abarat or the illustrated Terry Pratchett book The Last Hero.

I have no doubt it will happen. Let us know when. :)

Changing things up a bit stylistically. I'm also including a couple of excerpts from the story I am working on. These bits of writing are totally first drafts and have a few issues, for example in the exam of The Black Dog on the hillock no mention is made of the blades she wears over her middle claw, which is a problem given she uses them later in the story.

This is the opening of the story. The man with the 'stache in the sketches is the Sheriff and the creature they are examining is The Black Dog in her battle dress as pictured standing on the ledge in the sketches.

When the farmer first found it he kept his distance, only venturing far enough, rifle in hand, to see that it was a figure dressed in black sprawled unconscious atop a grassy hillock near his barn.

Two hours later the Sheriff had arrived, and on seeing what was to see, had called in his two deputies and the town’s doctor. They now all stood around the unmoving body, one of the deputies clearly disturbed by the sight. The thing, for on closer examination it was clearly no man, was small. It was no larger than a young teen, it’s thin lithe body all the more obvious due to the skin tight black suit it wore which covered it from head to ankle.

The doctor, kneeling beside the body, held up one of the hands. The hand appeared too large for the small body, each of the fingers tipped with a long heavy slightly curved brown-black claw. All the fingers but the middle which was entirely missing, in it’s place a larger claw where the finger should be. The doctor carefully prodded the middle claw.

“It appears to articulated, like a finger but with just a single knuckle where it connects to the hand”

The Sheriff cocked his head to one side looking at the back of the hand, “are those freckles," he asked, disbelief coloring his words. The pale hand was indeed speckled with orange freckles.

Carefully placing the hand back down into the grass, the Doc shuffled up to the head, remaining crouched down as he did so. He looked down his nose through his gold rimmed bifocals as he examined the strange black head.

“Hmm, looks like helmet, strange too, kind of Medieval don’t you think?" the Doc looked up at the Sheriff who responded with a noncommittal shrug.

He tapped it with a tongue depressor, he had ferreted out from somewhere on his person, the angular matte black helmet made a distinctive metallic ‘tink’ sound.

“Looks to be steel too, very Medieval. Got a bit of a look of a shark to it as well," as he said this he tilted back the head, trying to get some sunlight into the pair of three diagonal slits that appeared to be for the eyes. When he did this, the helmet fell open at the mouth.

Everyone took a step back at this sudden movement. One of the deputies, the frightened one, reached for his gun. The Doc jumped up from his kneeling position stumbling as he struggled to get his legs to both run backwards and stand up.

“What the hell Doc!" the Sheriff yelled, an act totally out of character for the normally quiet stern lawman.

This is from close to the beginning and is about the The Black Dog who is both pictured above in the green dress with the strawberry blonde hair and bellow here in both the first finished drawing and the middle two sketches.

After a few minutes that seemed more like a few hours she slowly opened one eye at a time. “This is progress," she thought. Her head was still resting between her knees, her hands on the back of her neck, but her eyes where beginning to focus on the red and pink splattered concrete floor. Maybe she shouldn’t have eaten that raw whatever the hell that jungle animal had been. She normally didn’t eat her food raw, but who would have thought her infection bolstered constitution would be put off so easily.

As her eyes focused she noticed she was no longer in combat dress. She was wearing some sort of flannel pants with red robots printed on them. She tried to get her thoughts in order. They where at the temple, they had found it, or at least Acully had thought so. They where careful, all fully armed, ready for whatever they might find. The last thing she remembered was… nothing. Not darkness. Not the cessation of sound and light. This had been something different. The lack of anything. Not even the sensation of not being able to see, hear, touch, smell, and taste. Just nothing, and now this. Whatever this was.

She closed her eyes again and began to unfold. First sitting up and then standing. She rubbed her face with her hand before opening her eyes to fully access her surroundings. Directly in front of her where thick steel bars and on the other side of those bars was a man. He sat leaning back in a chair, one cowboy booted foot set across his knee. He was a large stocky man, but not overweight. The man looked to be in his 50s with a closely cropped gray hair under a tan cowboy hat. He was clean shaven but for a neatly trimmed mustache which was just as gray as his hair. He didn’t speak, just sat there looking at her.

And now the artwork:

The Black Dog by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Character sketches from The Black Dog by dangercorpse, on Flickr

This is the monster from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I was particularly inspired bu a scene of the "hollowghast" using it's mouth tentacles as legs. Such a wacky image. Reminded me of an issue of Trencher where the antagonist was a dude with prehensile facial hair.

Hollowghast (sepia) by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Last edited:

I know I'm mostly yelling at the dark here, but for posterity's sake:

A bunch of pen sketches from my sketchbook. Notably there's a few planning sketches and a thumbnail for the above illustration.

Ballpoint Pen Sketches by dangercorpse, on Flickr

And I've been working on a new illustration of Father (Nine) and Daughter (Susan/Ten). Did Susan first based on a thumbnail sketch I did in pen in my sketchbook.

Susan Rue Sketch by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Nine though no matter how many times I drew him in a similar pose to the thumbnail I was happy with I just didn't like it. I ended up doing a bunch of quick loose pose sketches, several in my sketchbook and a bunch in illustrator. I didn't feel like photographing the sketchbook poses but did put up the illustrator sketches.

Unused Nine Poses by dangercorpse, on Flickr

This is what I finally decided on. I think it works well with Susan and I'm planning on some graphic design elements that will weight the top right balancing out the whole.

Nine and Susan Sketch by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I get what you are saying... about yelling in the dark.

I just discovered your thread, Keep yelling, screaming, and shouting!

You are quite a talent and your work speaks for itself. Your recognition will come, it's a matter of time.

Fantastic stuff!

Well to be fair this isn't really an art forum, so I don't mind :)

Now I'm not sure if I should add the type to this afterall. I'm liking how it looks right now.

Nine and Susan Sketch by dangercorpse, on Flickr

It's done in a style, albiet a bit more sophisticated now, that I favored a lot around 2004-2006.

timvnineWIP-07.png

Last edited:

Sue looks a bit like Angelina Jolie's post-concentration camp look. :monkey3

angelina-jolie-too-skinny-oscars.jpg

Back