Collection Photos and Drawin's (Huge update on last page)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Photos and Drawin's

Hey, fixed all the non-flickr images that where broken in the first two pages of this thread, sorry about that. Moved some ____ around.

Pickman's Model... or just a random ghoul. I was listening to this week's HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast which was about Pickman's Model and did this sketch while they where at the part describing what the Ghoul in the painting looked like.

4752605289_f04031ab41_z.jpg

Thanks.

Did another slightly more involved sketch based on the painting described at the end of the story.

4766344070_d306127554_z.jpg

Thanks, I'm trying to draw more in my off time.

Some more recent sketches, nuttin' fancy. Just stuff I'm working on.

4960421063_eeb7062c9d_b.jpg

4984965281_d8cf1a3e1f_z.jpg

and, these are some sketches I did on my whiteboard in the kitchen while waiting on the tea kettle. Done with a broad tip dry erase marker.
4981362149_9cb2bd8ba5_b.jpg

Got my hair colored and cut today and while I was waiting on the bleach I did some sketching. It's so rare these days that I can just sketch on paper without any distraction. This was done in a 5x7" sketchbook in ballpoint pen.

4998505927_71334648f4_b.jpg

Hmm... Spooky Dicks in their second feature?

Thinking about maybe doing another Spook Dicks faux movie poster. The first was about zombies, I'm thinking this second is about Lovecraftian sea monsters (mostly just so I can draw Berry in a Bikini). It's Steve the Chupacabra driving the boat and Berry in the parasailing rig with a rifle.

I was thinking at first the sea monsters would be on islands risen from the sea floor with big obelisk monuments on them similar to the Lovecraft story Dagon. That might maybe be too confusing and it would just be better to have them rising up out of the water and ditch the islands.

5002579653_c08ce5f979_z.jpg

Little update, still working out ideas so it's still messy and probably hard to see in some places.

5003094939_255cc93db5_z.jpg

Unfortunately Steve is really small in the poster design I have right now. I say unfortunately because I dig the Steve design I did with him in an olde timey bathing suit. I like his little insectoid spines looking like body hair.

5004953803_0687aef7dd_z.jpg

Starting on the final illustration, colors and stuff still in flux and tentacles not done yet, etc. I want to also kinda rethink the boat scene bellow. I'm happy with the boat and Berry parasailing but still not totally good on the sea monsters attacking them.

5007105348_f60150351d_z.jpg

Last edited:

Changed up the tentacles some, much happier with how they look now. Not sure why my first inclination is to always draw tentacles as bunt tipped. Also worked some of the sketches on the bottom, re-drawing a bunch of stuff.

5008756415_5f3287f164_z.jpg

Composite photo recreating how Eva Unit 01 looks at the end of the second Rebuild film.

Original photo:
5172897835_6c4f8c5c3f_b.jpg

Adobe Illustrator vector elements:
5173967652_d5417cdea0_b.jpg

Final composite with the green parts shifted to the red/pink they turn during this scene.
5172812319_d2c7fb4480_b.jpg

Thanks, I don't get to draw as much as I'd like to now that I do a lot of design and illustration for work.

Back