Collection Photos and Drawin's (Huge update on last page)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Photos and Drawin's

I've started making myself draw every day. I'm also posting it various places to help make me accountable and I totally forgot I had this thread here. Anyway, here's the first five days. Hope you guys dig them.

5495777213_9770daaced_b.jpg

5498793340_f75e2011b4_b.jpg

5501539058_0c5d40b885_b.jpg

5504619521_ba22bc4de4_b.jpg

5508518626_65596b0759_b.jpg

Cool stuff ded, the "Bustin' heads" guy is ____in wicked!

Love the raptor like claws on the synx. Great designs dude.

Thanks dude, Eight (the "Bustin' Heads") guy is the twin brother of Nine. I actually did a pair of wallpapers awhile back of them. For a long ass time it was one of the few drawings I had of Eight.

nine-1280x1024.png

eight-1280x1024.png

I have ditched the sword on Eight though, it's just unnecessary.

Also on the subject of the Synx, one of my favorite things about them is that when they're in humanoid bipedal shape (they're shapeshifters) that long curved claw is much smaller and almost looks like they're missing their middle finger. I posted this a few pages back but this is what the Black Dog, pictured above with helmet and gauntlets, looks like without them. The blades on the gauntlets go over the small middle claws on the hands.

4283899463_cb38f90371_b.jpg

Okay, bear with me, this is more for my own fun than anything else. What can I say, I like looking at my own artwork, particularly my old bad stuff. The Synx I originally designed over a week or so back in 2007. The original final design had them with tails and horns instead of antlers and they weren't quite as deer-like facially. So in order of my working:

The drawing of the profile on the left page. I started them out as werewolves.
062007-1.png

Still too wolf-like in some of these and then weirdly too dragon-like. This is the first time I came up with using the Deinonychus claws. Used because the Deinonychus was always my favorite dinosaur as a kid. All the characters of The Great Tree I made a bit of an effort to specially include things I really love.
062007-2.png

Getting closer (on the right) ignore the terrible helmet designs on the left.
5-6_060207.jpg

… and this was the last drawing I did of them until the recent batch posted above.
062007-3.png

Last edited:

Cool, Eight & Nine rock :rock

Pretty interested in this "The Great Tree" stuff you're working on. Justa mess around or you developing a story?

The latter. Or rather a series of stories.

I don't know who any of these characters are, but the drawings are fantastic! :rock

Much thanks Mag, they're all characters from a world that I've been developing since I first drew the first character from the world, TIM in 2003. It's only really been an idea for stories and a world though since 2005/06 or so. Even still I need to get my act together and actually finish the first story I want to write.

Day #6. Took it easy today and finished early just doing the one sketch since I only got a few hours of sleep last night.

5511173084_4495f0c091_b.jpg

For reference, a previous old crappy drawing of Susan:

from 2007:
2334106090_e54e65fe80_o.png

Last edited:

You sir, are very talented.

I hope to see a more complete version of your world some day. :lecture

Much thanks. This one is a sort of companion to yesterdays. I think I might do all the Rue I have designed like this. So basically I just have Eight and Nine left to do unless I do some more work designing Four. Two, Three, Five, Six, and Seven I have no idea what they look like. Well I have an idea for Three just have never drawn her.

5513644555_cb750025f7_b.jpg

Previously I haven't drawn Ealee much. Just a few random sketches here and there in the corners of larger sketches.

Here on the left from 2006 and I might say looking pretty f'n hideous.
101706.png

Towards the top middle here, shown both with her old long haircut and current short haircut. I think the haircut is looking much better in the daily sketch I posted above.
3083078375_d9761bb880_b.jpg

The long haired sketch also was used as a basis for my iTouch wallpaper.
3172316228_af0e72d656.jpg

Last edited:

TIM: The Exsanguinator today (I also updated the above with some old drawings of Ealee)

5516150049_db75975831_b.jpg

I also did some pen and paper sketches before this. I did a quick rough planning thumbnail as well as TIM unmasked.

5516242879_d2da56d9b6_b.jpg

History:
TIM is the oldest of the current characters I work with. He was first drawn in 2003. While at a party I was talking with a friend about how I never really drew any superheroes. I did a quick sketch of what at the time I was just called "The Superhero". The name was actually created via crowd sourcing on the Spawn forum back int 2003. The name actually came from two suggestions, one being "Tim" the other being "The Exsanguinator".

His appearance quickly evolved from this to have sort of cloven looking metal clawed boots and a few more buckles on the arms and boots.
tim001s.jpg

Early on TIM also was longer limbed and lankier, in large part because I wasn't all that good with human anatomy. He was still bulkier and more muscular than most of my characters.
tim007.jpg

Later he became a squatter, I always pictured him as being around 5'8" or so I just didn't draw him that way. This is now 2005. He's still pretty lanky but getting smaller and bulkier.
jump2.png

I used to draw him constantly but the last few years I have sort of stopped to focus on developing other characters (such as those above). Prior to this the most recent drawing I had of him was this illustration I did for a desktop wallpaper from 2007.

tim4-1280-1024.png

Last edited:

Working on a new wallpaper for myself, or rather a set of wallpapers. First I've done since 2007. I used the Nine and Eight set for ages.

5871500550_5ff2ea9b54_b.jpg

Danke!

Added Skip and Kris and re-drew TIM.

5872249240_edb13ae1b5_b.jpg

Hmm… I may re-draw Kris as well.

Again, probably going to re-draw the geared up Kris. Unlike most of the other characters I have never really nailed down Kris' armor other than his helmet. I'm happy with the civilian dressed Kris now though.

5873779289_4b27880665_b.jpg

Susan Rue in civilian garb pretty much done.

5875590288_e4cd531579_b.jpg

Last edited:

Also here's a excerpt about Susan from a story I'm writing that centers on these six characters. I'd like to post an excerpt for each of the characters as I finish them but I'm not far enough along in the writing to do that.

Susan once again stepped forward towards the two policemen and with relaxed calm began to move her arms outward, apparently without reason. The bald cop raised his pistol. The black haired cop dropped his and… blurred… moving so fast he appeared to vanish. The pistol, pointed at Kris, went off. There was a meaty thunk as the bullet smacked into Susan’s palm, now inches in front of the boy’s chest. Lead sprayed out the back of her hand, ripping through the gaps in the very hard bones of her hand speckling the boy with a fine red mist of blood and sending one piece of the shrapnel through the cartilage of his left ear. Simultaneously there was a horrible wet popping noise as the fingers of Susan's left hand gently closed on the wrist of the speeding black haired cop, his own momentum ripping his arm from it’s socket.

Definitely cuter.

Lovin' all the updates. :)

Also here's a excerpt about Susan from a story I'm writing that centers on these six characters. I'd like to post an excerpt for each of the characters as I finish them but I'm not far enough along in the writing to do that.

Susan once again stepped forward towards the two policemen and with relaxed calm began to move her arms outward, apparently without reason. The bald cop raised his pistol. The black haired cop dropped his and… blurred… moving so fast he appeared to vanish. The pistol, pointed at Kris, went off. There was a meaty thunk as the bullet smacked into Susan’s palm, now inches in front of the boy’s chest. Lead sprayed out the back of her hand, ripping through the gaps in the very hard bones of her hand speckling the boy with a fine red mist of blood and sending one piece of the shrapnel through the cartilage of his left ear. Simultaneously there was a horrible wet popping noise as the fingers of Susan's left hand gently closed on the wrist of the speeding black haired cop, his own momentum ripping his arm from it’s socket.

Gruesome stuff!

Back