Cold Cathode Sabers are cool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely in for a vader and a Dx07, will you accept from the UK? Thanks

Ok, so my 2 hilts are off to Canada, cannot wait to get them back, they're going to look amazing!

I wanted to use the Hasbro ones for these, but those sabers are just too thick. Would be great if there was a inbetween version. The Yoda version is also hard to do due to the small saber hilt. I'm gonna try though. Thanks for all your help on these.

Best,

Robert

DX-07 is not a problem. The only 2 that pose problems are Luke ROTJ and Obi-wan EPIII/IV due to the choke near the emitter. I am working on a solution for those but at the moment I cannot do them, so please don't ask. Once a solution presents itself I will make them available also.

Also if I do this, they will be 6" kits. Therefore Yoda and others with shorter blades will not be available. Perhaps down the road.

I'm awaiting board approval at the moment before I go any further.

Do these have to be plugged in to the mains or are they battery powered?
Could these be done with 1/4 scale as I have a few hilts I'd be interested in getting lit up, maybe another 4 if I could get the PF Grievous hilts out of his hands.

The drivers require 12v DC which can come from a battery, but should come from mains using a transformer for longevity and convenience.

Could these be done with 1/4 scale

Sure, you'd just use a wider diameter (and longer) CCFL.

Could these be done with 1/4 scale as I have a few hilts I'd be interested in getting lit up, maybe another 4 if I could get the PF Grievous hilts out of his hands.

Yes they can be done, but I am pretty sure Nate is sticking to 1/6 scale.

Looking good. I see you also use heatshrink on the outside of the cathode. I also use that, but the heatshrink is a little bent. Have to get some new stuff.

Next project is yoda. Drilled the hole yesterday, but the small hilt is easily damaged. Shame is have to use glue for this one. Cathodes fit in my other sabers :). Now waiting on the 10 cm cathodes.

Here's a DX-07 hilt for my Snowspeeder Luke.

Best,

Robert

Had my e-mail with a picture of my finished hilts and they look amazing!!!! Can't wait to get them in hand. Thanks Natedog!!!!!

Congrats, must be a great feeling. Finally got my hilts together so I can send them and let Nate do his magic.

Yeah it was just a picture of them lying down side by side, but they were turned on and the blue and red together just looked amazing, I can't wait to pose them

image.jpg

Yeah just remove the blade and send just the hilts, I've put my blades back in the box

Back