Cold Cathode Sabers are cool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here Natedog
.if you ever offer to cast them...count me in..master ...nice sabers..really good job...

Due to popular demand I am looking into making these for others. The only way it will happen is if you send me your hilts. I WILL NOT be casting any. I'll keep those who are interested posted once I figure things out. So stay tuned.

Due to popular demand I am looking into making these for others. The only way it will happen is if you send me your hilts. I WILL NOT be casting any. I'll keep those who are interested posted once I figure things out. So stay tuned.
I'm interested in one myself. Can ship you the extra hilt that comes with Vader. Keep us posted on any updates.

Are you also willing to do the same for the DX07?

Highly interested of course in Luke ESB and ROTJ sabers! Can send you hilts as well ...

He's said you have to send him YOUR hilt. There are no extra hilts to supply unless someone is selling a parted out set - and those are now hard to come by.

Last edited:

Definitely interested in this buddy! My Vader doesn't come in until next month, but count me in!

I'm interested in one myself. Can ship you the extra hilt that comes with Vader. Keep us posted on any updates.

Are you also willing to do the same for the DX07?

DX-07 is not a problem. The only 2 that pose problems are Luke ROTJ and Obi-wan EPIII/IV due to the choke near the emitter. I am working on a solution for those but at the moment I cannot do them, so please don't ask. Once a solution presents itself I will make them available also.

Also if I do this, they will be 6" kits. Therefore Yoda and others with shorter blades will not be available. Perhaps down the road.

I'm awaiting board approval at the moment before I go any further.

Is anyone casting hilts? I'd be open to some swaps of CCFL production (any color and size) for some hilts.

Not knowing anything about these, is there any way to trim the tips to make them look better?

Not knowing anything about these, is there any way to trim the tips to make them look better?

No, that's not really possible in most cases. A lot of the product out there has a little glass nib at the tip - you can't cut that. Some have an excess of wire - you can possibly trim that a bit. The ones I have on my desk right now are trimmed pretty tight.

Anyway, these are not a mystery object. ;) They're miniature fluorescent lamps. CCFL

Instead of having a nice metal fixture at the end, it's the bare glass with a tiny electrode. To each electrode is soldered, or wrapped, a wire. In the case of the "top" one, a thin bare wire then comes all the way back down the length of the bulb to meet up with the other one, so that you can have both wires on the same end instead of installing the thing in a fixture with power connections at each end like a ceiling-type fluorescent.

I'll be working on some of these in the next couple of weeks and my estimation is they'll look a bit different than what's already been seen on the forum. I'll post pics when I've got one under way.

Back