Cold Cathode Sabers are cool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question, but I guess the sabers have no color at all when unlit? So they are only really an alternative for the stock ones when plugged in?

I would love to have a ton of them or learn how to make or where can i buy ? ANY info would appreciate please ,thanks.

Where did you get your cathodes? I got some red ones off ebay but they all have a pinkish hue and not red.

These look fantastic. If anyone starts making I'd like to order several. Alternatively a parts list and tutorial would be appreciated. I might be able to have my electrician rig something. I'm assuming the wiring can be hidden and then home run to a battery. Would be great to have them all on a single switch.

Here's an old thread. Don't know how viable it still is:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51963

Yes. That's the tread I was looking for so I could give props to them. This is the thread I used as a base. One quick correction though:

There is no need to worry about polarity on the bulb. The little box that comes with these is an invertor (converts DC to AC) so either way will work. You do have to wire the power input of the box correctly though.

I may make some for people if you like, but I used the Sideshow "unlit" hilts for mine. I tried making some resin casts, but failed miserably. I may try again. If I do and they turn out OK, I'll start a new buy thread so please don't post any requests here. Thanks.

How did you run the cable through the hilt? I tried with one of the bigger Hasbro ones and had an Epic Fail. Also any leads on where you goth the Cathodes would be awesome. Great work!

eBay seller "winterlamlam" is where I got the Cathode kits. If you contact him directly he'll give you a better deal on multiple kits.

To run the wires first you need to drill a hole down the center of the hilt and then another smaller hole (did mine at an angle, makes sliding the wire through a bit easier) on the side of the hilt. This hole is hidden by the palm when the saber is in the hand. Then "simply" run the wires up the sleeve and down the back of the robes.

Back