CLOVERFIELD 3 aka: Cloverfield Paradox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of food for thought, in-universe and out.

Unfortunately they're still in the background. I was hoping all ties to them would be wrapped up in this one, but if you think about it, Overlord, which goes to WWII and it's around the time just before Tagruato was founded, so maybe we have some way to go before we can put a bow on it.

Tagruato is a diverse Japanese corporation, with many subsidiaries, all of which play a part in each and all the movies.

Slusho - drinks with seabed nectar, which is provided by Tagruato itself as its main activity is deep sea drilling.

Bold Futura - space stuff, for which Howard Stambler worked in 10 CL as a satellite telemetry engineer, and is itself the owner of the Cloverfield station in this movie.

Is it the only link? Yes it is, pretty much all the other links derive from this corporation.

Ahhhh, okay. I appreciate that. I wasn't keen on any other those companies/products - I do remember seeing the Slusho drink in this one though- but that helps out a lot.

So, Overlord then must be a sequel to all of them, including Paradox???

My ranking of the movies to date:

1.) 10 Cloverfield Lane
2.) The Cloverfield Paradox
3.) Cloverfield

I do want to revisit them all again to pick up on all of the stuff I know I've missed.

Ahhhh, okay. I appreciate that. I wasn't keen on any other those companies/products - I do remember seeing the Slusho drink in this one though- but that helps out a lot.

So, Overlord then must be a sequel to all of them, including Paradox???

Slusho was also the company Robert was going to work for in the first one.

Overlord must be a prequel to everything.

My ranking of the movies to date:

1.) 10 Cloverfield Lane
2.) The Cloverfield Paradox
3.) Cloverfield

I do want to revisit them all again to pick up on all of the stuff I know I've missed.

I'll have to rewatch them all too.

10 CL is undeniable the best one.

I struggle with the other 2 spots, will have to rewatch.

This movie had a 40 million budget, the studio who made this movie got closed, therefore thats why it was in limbo, but the future of cinema is heading down to netflix/streaming so who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This movie had a 40 million budget, the studio who made this movie got closed, therefore thats why it was in limbo, but the future of cinema is heading down to netflix/streaming so who knows

They didn't think it would make money if theatrically released, so it went to Netflix. It's becoming more common. The New Line movie about the demon babystitter got "Netflixed" for similar reasons.

The studio who made this is Paramount/Bad Robot neither of which closed.

I think it was a leadership change at Paramount. They are evaluating the movies they inherited.

Sort of like when John Carter got very little media support when the Disney regime changed.

I think it was a leadership change at Paramount. They are evaluating the movies they inherited.

Sort of like when John Carter got very little media support when the Disney regime changed.

Paramount had a terrible 2017 at the box-office. Word is The Cloverfield Project needed a lot of work and JJ was too busy with Star Wars to steer it in the right direction. So, Paramount sold the right to the film for what it cost to produce so they broke even rather than risking a theatrical loss.

Very underwhelmed. B-grade, and extremely obvious this had absolutely no connection to Cloverfield during scripting/filming. Everything referencing that storyline felt very tacked on.

This movie was an OK sci-if movie that someone tacked on a Cloverfield reference at the end to make the connection. Otherwise there is nothing original that you have not already seen in Alien, Gravity, 2001, etc... It looks very good for a direct to Video release and the acting is also good. My son, who was a huge fan of the other two, fell asleep during it. It thought it dragged for a 94 minute movie and was ready for it to end and get to the Cloverfield connection. Why can’t they just make a sequel that deals with the Cloverfield monsters/Aliens? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They didn't think it would make money if theatrically released, so it went to Netflix. It's becoming more common. The New Line movie about the demon babystitter got "Netflixed" for similar reasons.

That demon babysitter movie is pretty AMAZING
Im not kidding. One of the best horror movies ive seen recently

I loved the retro feel about it. Loved the horror comedy aspect
The main girl was wonderful.

The main girl could make you believe she cared about you and the next scene she would go full psycho
She was really awesome.

Last edited:
Not a great movie 5/10
The general sci-fi story was pretty weak, things didn't make sense (how could the guy not notice a metal sphere the size of a basketball was in his gut?)
How was the arm was still moving and controlled by something?
Also, things don't freeze instantly in space (space is cold but doesn't transfer heat well)
The idea of energy being scarce doesn't make sense, if we were running out of fossil fuels we would be forced to move almost everything to alternative energy. Solar energy wouldn't be in low supply and most electricity comes from nuclear power. Moving to electric cars would be a big event but wouldn't be a problem.
The tie in to the other movies is poorly done, it doesn't give a very good explanation for those events--anything can happen which isn't interesting. It confuses things a bit since this is supposedly taking place at the same time as the first movie but that movie clearly wasn't taking place in the future or in a time where fuel resources are scarce.

Holy crap i havent seen this lady since 2005. Blast from the past

Rwum9OZ.jpg

The x files did this concept better.... the ideas behind this movie are really great. The movie itself is dull, boring, anti climactic.

The cast is dull as well, i dont know or care about any of them except maybe the blonde lady. They are kinda unlikable.
Specially the lead black lady. Shes just terrible.

Man,this would have SUCKED in theaters..... none of the characters are memorable and the plot is just not that engaging.
Kinda feels like an episode of star trek....
A lot of dramatic things are happening but everyone is too calm about it

I was much more interested in what was going on in Earth.
Somehow this is more boring than alien covenant

The ending of the movie....

FORK you movie! Ok, go fork yourself....
FORK this manipulative garbage......

What a bunch of -holes......

Back