1/6 Art Figures - 016 - Soldier of Fortune 3 aka Jean-Claude van Damme as Jean Vilain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leenart

Super Freak
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this figure, so I figured I start one.
If there is one maybe someone can merge my post with that one.

Art Figures 016 – Soldier of Fortune 3 aka Jean-Claude van Damme as Jean Vilain in The Expendables 2.

I already had the Play Toys version with recast JCVD headsuclpt, which I alread found to be a great figure.

I’ve had the Art Figures version on pre order for a while with TNS Figures and suddenly I got a message last week, saying it arrived in stock, I was amazed, cause Art Figures Dredd figure kept on being delayed, and this one felt so fast.
So unexpectingly I had to do a purchase in an already expensive month for me.

Let’s start off with the good things.
The guns, they are 1 on 1 copies from the movie, his handgun has the golden accents, this rifle is also exactly the same, and his knife, whereas the Play Toys version of the knife is very cool, it isn’t as accurate as I thought I’d remember, The Art Figures produced it very well, with even the logo on top of it.

You get two shirts, one with the collar from the begining of the movie and the one with short sleeves and the v cut neck as he wears in the end of the movie.

This body is very solid , and posable, I even got some few kicks out of him.

Some low points,

First up, my knife, had a broken of tip, how did happen, I do not know, cause I believe it is made of some kind of metal, but thank god the good people of TNS figures re gonna supply me with a replacment knife!

Again with Art Figures you get bendable hands with the gloves already attached to them.
The little piece of fur is also already attached to the gloves, I thought that this was part of his jacket, but apparently not. And again with bendable hands with gloves on, I find them hard to pose up for holding a gun or rifle.

And what else than I had to whip out my superglue to fix yet another thing.
Due to the fine details on his gun, and having crappy hands, I wasn’t able to hold him his gun properly, so the weaponhandle let go, now let me first tell you, you CAN dissasemble this, and wasn’t broken, but it is so fragile, and keeps letting go easly, I had to glue it down.

And finally the headsculpt, oy boy, now I know, why they didn’t show any pics of him without the sunglasses.
The headsculpt looks like JCVD, but only a caricature drawing of JCVD, something like the Gangster Kingdom headsculpts but the crazy thing is with the sunglasses on, it really looks like JCVD to me.
I know it probaly all has to do with licenses.
I’ve also added a foto with this Art Figures version but with the JCVD recast headsculpt attached to it, and for some reason that way the headsculpt looks smaller, maybe because this body is quite big.
The Play Toy version uses a Narrow Shoulder Body.

Maybe that I will make a short video, showing the differences between the Play Toy and the Art Figures version.

But in the end, very pleased with this figure!

Back