Classic Movies/Special Showings on the Big Screen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think I know both of those. But Batman doesn't have the decency to come around these parts. Probably for good reason. :(

This is the kind of **** I have to deal with living in Ohio. That's probably why I intend to make like a tree and get the flock out of here in the near future. Hmmph.

Well, I think I know both of those.

Ask yo ma and pa, just to make sure.

But Batman doesn't have the decency to come around these parts. Probably for good reason. :(

Hmm, maybe it's just at my theater? Maybe my theater is the only one that does it?

I see they have Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Wizard of Oz, along with Batman and the other two I mentioned (Ferris Bueller, Jaws).

In December and January after the LOTR marathon, I saw A Christmas Story and they had about 10 other films from Jan - Feb including Ground Hog Day.

428566_10151624582061171_908599919_n.jpg

I'll pass on the money grab by the theaters and studios. They got me enough with the star wars special editions. I own these on blu ray there is no need to see them again in cinema. I don't need to see all the grain in raging bull on a huge screen or see it converted to 3d when I can see it just as well at home. Maybe its just me, but older films don't need the movie theater to be enjoyed its not like its all special effects and big booming surround sound like movies of today. I love my classics as much as the next guy but I won't pay 10 bucks to see outdated film displayed on new equipment. If they charged the price of admission that was charged when the films were originally released I would go
Yes I'll pay $2.50 to see aliens or raging bull on the big screen.. but 10 bucks... **** them

Last edited:
I'll pass on the money grab by the theaters and studios. They got me enough with the star wars special editions. I own these on blu ray there is no need to see them again in cinema. I don't need to see all the grain in raging bull on a huge screen or see it converted to 3d when I can see it just as well at home. Maybe its just me, but older films don't need the movie theater to be enjoyed its not like its all special effects and big booming surround sound like movies of today. I love my classics as much as the next guy but I won't pay 10 bucks to see outdated film displayed on new equipment. If they charged the price of admission that was charged when the films were originally released I would go
Yes I'll pay $2.50 to see aliens or raging bull on the big screen.. but 10 bucks... **** them

Actually, it's not that bad. Raging Bull, The Graduate, Aliens, and Blazing Saddles all remastered on the big screen for 8 bucks a piece, or 20 bucks for the 4. You might think it's overrated, and you're entitled to that, but, for a lot of people, like myself, who weren't around for these flicks, it's nice to get the chance to see them on the big screen, and I think that this is less of a money grab, and more of the theaters working hand in hand with the studios to let audiences, new and old, get to experience these films the way they were meant to be experienced.

I saw The Thing in a theater where they had an actual 35 mm print. It was rough. Grainy as hell. In other words. Perfect.

I don't mind grain for films.

^ The consistency of sawdust is key to a healthy breakfast.

And yeah man, The Thing was awesome! I saw it right after I saw the premake. And man. It just made the original that much better. I hadn't seen in it in a while, and I held off because I heard about that event. Glad I did.

I saw The Thing in a theater where they had an actual 35 mm print. It was rough. Grainy as hell. In other words. Perfect.

I don't mind grain for films.

Yea I'm pretty jelly of that. Would love to see The Thing on a big screen. I've gotten to see originals of

Ghostbusters
Back to the Future (prior to the anni)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Big Lebowski
Dr. Strangelove
The Shining
Alien

and probably a few I'm forgetting but I was super dissapointed when I showed up and realised the Halloween screening was from the bluray this past year.

and i'm equally jealous of all that. Except Raiders, I saw that in theaters. And I sorta saw The Shining in theaters....but i'm pretty sure it was a DVD or Blu Ray copy of the movie projected on the big screen. :(

Yea our Shining was pretty grainy and dirty from what I remember. They had a few other originals that summer I didn't catch, TMNT, City of Lost Children, Blue Velvet. Apparently that Ritz in Philly teamed up with a radio station and somehow got someone who owned original copies of all of those to lend them to the theatre. Unfortunately they haven't been able to do anything similar since and I think are under new management because they don't even get arthouse type movies anymore. I really wish more of the theatres out here were owned by people who appreciate film and not all just chains like fast food restraunts because all we're likely to get in the future is more Blu Ray screenings on anniversaries. I'd kill for a drafthouse.

Back