Classic Movies/Special Showings on the Big Screen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I never will, either.

The manager that put this thing together at AMC said it was a huge hit (the theater, regular and VIP seats were filled, the showing sold out) and Warner Bros. noticed.

AMC had to ask Warner Bros. for a physical copy of it (either film reels or digital conversion) and WB sent it to them reluctantly, they weren't even sure why they wanted it.

After the trivia and contests before the film started, the manager said "don't be surprised if you see a wider domestic release of this next year for the film's 25th anniversary after tonight". So WB caught notice. You might get your chance yet.

On another note, Batman Returns wasn't sold out or nearly as packed. I'm surprised people didn't take advantage of the double feature.

The manager that put this thing together at AMC said it was a huge hit (the theater, regular and VIP seats were filled, the showing sold out) and Warner Bros. noticed.

AMC had to ask Warner Bros. for a physical copy of it (either film reels or digital conversion) and WB sent it to them reluctantly, they weren't even sure why they wanted it.

After the trivia and contests before the film started, the manager said "don't be surprised if you see a wider domestic release of this next year for the film's 25th anniversary after tonight". So WB caught notice. You might get your chance yet.

On another note, Batman Returns wasn't sold out or nearly as packed. I'm surprised people didn't take advantage of the double feature.

Ooooh, I like the sound of that. Personally, I'd love to see Cinemark put Superman 78 and Batman 89 in their Classics series at some point. Speaking of which, here is the schedule for July/August. It seems like they're doing more genre fare. BTTF & Ghostbusters are musts.

The schedule is as follows:
-Grease: Sunday, July 7th & Wednesday, July 10th
-Back To The Future: Sunday, July 14th & Wednesday, July 17th
-Animal House: Sunday, July 21st & Wednesday, July 24th
-American Graffiti: Sunday, July 28th & Wednesday, July 31st
-Ghostbusters: Sunday, August 4th & Wednesday, August 7th
-Dirty Dancing: Sunday, August 11th & Wednesday, August 14th

[ame]https://youtu.be/jIL1ssOv0x4[/ame]

Ask your theater about Superman and Batman. AMC actually does requests here, within reason.

It'd be as simple as asking your Cinemark theater, and Cinemark asking WB for some reels. That's it. It doesn't hurt to ask, just talk to one of the managers.

If your area is anything like mine, Batman 1989 will actually be worth it to the companies and will sell out.

Ask your theater about Superman and Batman. AMC actually does requests here, within reason.

It'd be as simple as asking your Cinemark theater, and Cinemark asking WB for some reels. That's it. It doesn't hurt to ask, just talk to one of the managers.

If your area is anything like mine, Batman 1989 will actually be worth it to the companies and will sell out.

That's actually a great suggestion, and I think I'll do that. As for an audience, I'm in a decently sized city. I only mention that fact because it seems like there are a disproportionate amount of comic shops for a town of this size (there are like 5 within driving distance of each other), so there must be some demand for these sorts of characters.:lol

Vets and active service men can see White House Down for free on July 4th at Carmike theaters.

If you care.

^ I'm seeing that at The Alamo Thursday. But tonight...i'm seeing.....

Escape-from-New-York-Saint-Louis1.jpg

I'm jealous. I can't see any of these special showings. The closest to me is near Cleveland about 150 miles away.

I'm jealous. I can't see any of these special showings. The closest to me is near Cleveland about 150 miles away.

Yeah, I'm in Canton, and we aren't having any of the Cornetto showings here, neither. I wonder why they're so limited?

I think I might do it. That being said: **** Thor. I just can't believe "Dirty Harry" is going to be part of the Classics Series in November. Plus, the fact that they're doing "The Matrix" leads me to believe they're doing more genre stuff, which, I hope, means 89 Batman and 78 Superman, eventually.

I'm surprised the theater near me has the Thor marathon. They usually don't do anything but midnight showings. And they're aren't midnight anymore.

Back