Classic Black spidey pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoboDad said:
Here's mine, #49:

spidey01.jpg

man...these are the best pictures yet and this thing looks frigin amazing.
damn you lucky sob's....:monkey2:monkey2 :monkey2

Are the red/black version shinier on the polystone parts than the red/blue one?

:confused:

Also,

is the base slightly different from the blue and red? It looks like there is an extra smokestack/chimney type of thing behind spidey's left leg?

Khev said:
Seriously though, you mentioned in another post (possibly this thread?) that there are no "do overs" in PF. Well, we know SS makes up their own rules on things like this, and they certainly redo the same character in PF when there is a significant costume change (ANH Luke and Dagobah Luke) so maybe someday we'll see a PF Spider-Man with smaller eyes and side webbing. Who knows. Its not like he isn't a popular enough character.

SW is a bit different. There are many versions of the characters. Marvel has pretty standard versions of all heroes. I agree Spidey is popular enough that they may decide to redo him on an entirely different pose like hanging from a wall or something. Unlikely in the near future but always a possibility. A comiquette is most certainly a guarantee given the poor reception when the PF first came out mainly because of the mix media.

Khev said:
I just like messing with you guys who snagged one though.

And we hate you for it. :lol

You are right though. The black and red makes a world of difference. It makes the original look cheesy and this one more classy. I know it sounds like just braggin because I got one but those pics by RoboDad drive the point home nicely. Anyone out there has the Goblin PF so we can see these two going at it?

Wow I'm jealous. This is the only version of Spidey I'd want in PF and I fumbled. I aint gonna pay no secondary market prices either though. Looks like no Spidey PF for me. I don't care, BRING ON THE CAP!!!!

SolidLiquidFox said:
I know it sounds like just braggin because I got one
Nah, I think you've been pretty objective about even the flaws in the "classic" edition. Of course you're going to focus on the positive. Its yours, why the heck shouldn't you? :)

I do think its a bit strange that I consider SW and LOTR to be my "main" collectible lines yet I've been finding my excitement leaning more toward each new Marvel release. SS is really knocking them out of the park and isn't showing any signs of letting up.

PF Cap really is the "end all be all" but I did snag a Grey Hulk and don't want to let it go. Then there's that unbelievable Iron Man I missed (is it even *possible* to take a bad picture of it?), the Wolvie, and now cool Spider-Man variants. If awesome PF's of Hawkeye, Thor, and The Thing are on the way I don't know how I'll be able to resist. I'll do my best....

Yeah, the Erik Larsen period had very little blue highlights.

I should know. My first comic as a teenager was Amazing Spidey #345. I went on to collect Amazing Spidey consecutively all the way past the Bagley era, the Spider Clone saga, then finaly stopped reading when the aweful John Byrne reboot happened. I dropped it for a few years and then picked it up again during the Stracynsky era.

I dopped it again when John Romita Jr left. Romita also had some Red/Black moments but not as much as Larsen's period. Romita's clean Spidey look was very clean and good the same way Tim Sale's art is clean and good. Larsen was the superior Spidey artist though.

That concludes my trip down comics memory lane. :D

I collected all the U.S. Spiderman comics from the late 80's untill the Clone saga, that made me quit them alltogether. :D

Just got mine today, to be honest I had every intention on flipping this but when I got it in person decided to keep it, was really impressed with it even though it is a pain in the ass to get back in the box with all that wraping they put in there . I got 51

BSHERRIS said:
Has anyone received a Classic Black spidey under #30?

B.

devlinboy over at statueforums has gotten #27. Call me crazy but I think they shipped the higher numbers first.

That's what most people were reporting I think.

I received mine this morning #32/75. Let me say that this piece is AWESOME!!!

The pictures really don't do it justice. I have all the Star Wars PF's, PF Lurtz, and Iron Man Comiquette and this ranked near the top as one of my favorites. The red and black colors are very deep which add an apparent level of quality. Also...don't let the 11 inch hight fool you...the piece is good size and has presence.

I'm really looking forward to PF Grey Hulk and EX Captain America. I really like the direction the Marvel PF's are going.

for some reason i always think of that scene in the first Charlie's Angels movie where Lucy Liu is dressed up in a tight leather outfit with whip talking to those programmers in a classroom and then finally says, "better yet, can somebody show me?" then some song with the words "ooooh barracuda!" while they all head into Red Star's mainframe! so what i'm basically saying is.. where are the pics? :D

:rotfl

like it was said earlier, i got #27, too lazy to post pics though lol. i need to setup my collection first:monkey2

Must be one of the last ones but got my black and red spidey today. Sorry, Nash, this one is sweet, definately a keeper. The black makes all the difference with the crotch seam, not an issue in black (may not be in blue either, but it certainly looked bad to me in the pics).

But if you thought that they were sending out the low numbers later, my number was #73! :lol

Back