Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the original Clash of the Titans movie which wasn't nearly as dark and dirty looking? :rolleyes:

C'mon, man. Dark, dirty and grungy lends to the atmosphere of the film, and it's a modern remake to make it look less lame. I don't think it's a trend so much as the filmmakers trying to capture a feel of a mythical era with fictional characters as the main heroes and villians. If you want historic and clean you can watch Troy or Alexander. If you want dirty and grungy we have 300 and LOTR. This film sort of fits in the latter catagory. And don't you roll your eyes at me, boy! ;)

C'mon, man. Dark, dirty and grungy lends to the atmosphere of the film, and it's a modern remake to make it look less lame. I don't think it's a trend so much as the filmmakers trying to capture a feel of a mythical era with fictional characters as the main heroes and villians. If you want historic and clean you can watch Troy or Alexander. If you want dirty and grungy we have 300 and LOTR. This film sort of fits in the latter catagory. And don't you roll your eyes at me, boy! ;)
LOTR's is the only one of any of the fantasy category worth anything. but the original clash of the titans, as 80's and silly as it may look today, it has that great fantasy atmosphere and is tons more fun and features a persius that is likeable and that you root for that looks the part. this new one with that terrible meathead actor from TS and that stuuupid non-accurate military haircut looks absolutly dreadful. definite pass!

More pics from the movie
The big dude is Perseus' sidekick Suleiman
clash-of-the-titans-pictures-3.jpg

clash-of-the-titans-pictures-2.jpg

clash-of-the-titans-pictures-4.jpg

I'll give you one guess to what's in the bag
clash-of-the-titans-pictures-6.jpg

oh boy.....not digging it. AT. ALL. looks like a 300 ripoff mixed with madmax. just...no. ill take the original anytime, bad effects and all.

oh boy.....not digging it. AT. ALL. looks like a 300 ripoff mixed with madmax. just...no. ill take the original anytime, bad effects and all.

:duh :duh :duh WTF! are you talking about?...Mad Max? how?..300? well what is the story based on?..what type of people?...hmmmm..i wonder?.

:duh :duh :duh WTF! are you talking about?...Mad Max? how?..300? well what is the story based on?..what type of people?...hmmmm..i wonder?.

i know it has nothing to do with those movies, what im saying is looks-wise that was it struck me as. but its not at all how i would have done a "remake" of this classic film.

i know it has nothing to do with those movies, what im saying is looks-wise that was it struck me as. but its not at all how i would have done a "remake" of this classic film.

Ok, i see what you are saying..but, we have seen like what 5 images so far?..i am sure the sun comes out at some point during the movie.

I loved the first one as a kid too - but I tried to watch it recently on cable and it was just laughable. Kids today wouldn't take it for 5 minutes, much less fan boys that make Dark Knight and 300 so successful. So I'm glad they've changed up the look. Personally I'd kind of disappointed that they have the gods up on Olympus playing with their toys and their map. I'd rather they go the Troy route and not have the gods in person at all.

Leaving out Bubo... good.

Leaving out the Gods would seriously hurt the stew that makes CotT and Greek mythology in general work. Might as well leave out Medusa or the Kraken. :huh

I loved the first one as a kid too - but I tried to watch it recently on cable and it was just laughable. Kids today wouldn't take it for 5 minutes, much less fan boys that make Dark Knight and 300 so successful. So I'm glad they've changed up the look. Personally I'd kind of disappointed that they have the gods up on Olympus playing with their toys and their map. I'd rather they go the Troy route and not have the gods in person at all.
Troy did have Achilles' mother Thetis make an appearance, although she didn't do anything with her powers to make it known that she is a God.
But I disagree when it comes to Clash, mythical monsters make an appearance, so should the Gods.
Entropy Chicken said:
Leaving out Bubo... good.

Leaving out the Gods would seriously hurt the stew that makes CotT and Greek mythology in general work. Might as well leave out Medusa or Ketos.
Fixed. :D

Whoa, those are pretty cool. I think I'm going to like the Kraken design and Perseus on Pegasus is pretty bad ass.

I hope this movie is just as epic as the LOTR trilogy, those posters look great..i may pick up a few.

The Kraken has a Lovecraftian vibe to it. This movie is shaping up to be pretty ^^^^ing spectacular.

Back