Clash of Kings Dio is up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I said I don't like art prints as exclusives, but Jerry's work is awesome! :bow

I may have to get this for the art print and sell the dio itself. :duh

True. And as awesome as Jerry's prints are sitting in their tubes, they're even more awesome when framed. :naughty

AH HAH,

SS finally put up that print, huh? Good!

As far as size, it will be the size that fits into the box, 13 x 17 or something like it. If a bigger print is needed................. that may be an item to make available, if I get enough votes : )

JV

AH HAH,

SS finally put up that print, huh? Good!

As far as size, it will be the size that fits into the box, 13 x 17 or something like it. If a bigger print is needed................. that may be an item to make available, if I get enough votes : )

JV

A KOTD-related litho would be fantastic, you have my vote. :drool

As for this art print, I'll have to check the size of some of my other ones, those dimensions [13" X17"] seem rather large.

Yeah Woods,

I'm not sure what the exact final size will be, but I may be offering this art on two formts:

1- Limited Edition CANVAS giclees - limit of 100 pieces

2- Limited Edition Lithograph heavy paper ( like my other LOTR paper ) probably limited to around 500 pieces.

Maybe later I'll post some hi res shots of this piece on a brand new thread. Take care all,

JV

Yeah Woods,

I'm not sure what the exact final size will be, but I may be offering this art on two formts:

1- Limited Edition CANVAS giclees - limit of 100 pieces

2- Limited Edition Lithograph heavy paper ( like my other LOTR paper ) probably limited to around 500 pieces.

Maybe later I'll post some hi res shots of this piece on a brand new thread. Take care all,

JV

Please do Jerry. And feel free to put me down for one of the canvas giclees. :D

Woo hoo, got an email saying my credit card will be getting charged on 26th of March for this awesome piece :rock

I cannot wait!! I had to cancel a couple of other items I had pre-ordered a while ago due to financial reasons (and UK import charges etc) but there was NO WAY I was going to cancel this piece :drool

Jerry, count me in too for a litho of a KOTD print. I also got my notice that my dio will be charged to my CC next week and will be shipped w/in 2 weeks :banana
Can't wait to see both the dio and your print :D

fatz

Thank you guys!

As I mentioned sometime back, I plan to offer of all my LOTR art, giclee canvases limited to 100 pieces each. King of the Dead will be one of them as Lithographs ( undecided edition size ) and of course the canvas giclees. Of course after Star Wars celebration 5 in Florida, I hope to begin my new LOTR piece. All I can say is it is one of the "Baddies".

Take care all,

JV

Thank you guys!

As I mentioned sometime back, I plan to offer of all my LOTR art, giclee canvases limited to 100 pieces each. King of the Dead will be one of them as Lithographs ( undecided edition size ) and of course the canvas giclees. Of course after Star Wars celebration 5 in Florida, I hope to begin my new LOTR piece. All I can say is it is one of the "Baddies".

Take care all,

JV

Awesome Jerry. When you say you plan to offer all your LOTR art as giclee canvases, does that include the previous 3 trilogy ones eventually?

Sorry, I just got this message........ yes, I plan to offer the original trilogy as canvas giclees with the "gallery wrap" option like ACME archives offers. You will also be able to purchase the canvas in roll-form only, then have your own framer stretch and frame it.
Basically, all of my current LOTr art will be available in giclee canvas from, as well as a new project I have ready to go; I just need the time to start throwing the paint at it!

JV

Last edited:
Here are some photos of EX #32. I won't post photos of the print, since everyone has seen that already, and the actual print looks no different from what we've already seen. It does look amazing, though. But the dio is, in a word, stunning. The Aragorn sculpt isn't as spot on as it could have been, but in every other way this dio rocks. The details, the dynamics of the pose, the paint apps, EVERYTHING is perfect. One of the best dios I've ever seen.

clash01.jpg

clash02.jpg

clash03.jpg

clash04.jpg

clash05.jpg

clash06.jpg

clash07.jpg

clash08.jpg

clash09.jpg

clash10.jpg

This is one excellent piece of art, that's for sure ! I want it and I want it badly !! But what do I do when I'm running out of space...?? :rolleyes:

I still think Aragorn looks too 'clean', and that the KOTD looks more like a cartoon out of Ghostbusters, but i like the dio line so i might pick it up later on if it's going for dirt cheap on ebay ;)

Back