Threezero - Gridman/Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garlador

Super Freak
Reaction score
Apparently announced a few months ago, but my first time coming across it. Tokusatsu fans getting good stuff lately.

FxIauaJacAAB9OG

Fu6LLM6aAAEWx4k

Pure nostalgia for me. I’m definitely getting this. This figure looks really good.. My whole 6th bday party was Gridman themed!
I was around 7 or 8, and deep in the Power Rangers and all semi-relayed shows (VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, etc), but SSSS/Gridman was definitely the one outside of Power Rangers I had the most love for and the most toys of. My daughter now plays with my old figures.

So, yeah, strong nostalgia, and the newer SSSS Gridman anime has kept it on my radar.
MV5BM2VlOWU3MjYtOGZjMC00M2QwLTliYTMtNmU3Y2Q3ZWY2MTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MzQ5OTQ@._V1_.jpg

I was around 7 or 8, and deep in the Power Rangers and all semi-relayed shows (VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, etc), but SSSS/Gridman was definitely the one outside of Power Rangers I had the most love for and the most toys of. My daughter now plays with my old figures.

So, yeah, strong nostalgia, and the newer SSSS Gridman anime has kept it on my radar.
MV5BM2VlOWU3MjYtOGZjMC00M2QwLTliYTMtNmU3Y2Q3ZWY2MTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MzQ5OTQ@._V1_.jpg
It’s a shame that this show didn’t make it and was canceled after one season. Such a fun show! I watch reruns on YouTube every now and then.

It’s a shame that this show didn’t make it and was canceled after one season. Such a fun show! I watch reruns on YouTube every now and then.
The US version wasn’t “cancelled” so much as it completely ran out of Japanese footage to utilize. “Gridman” in Japan ran for 39 episodes, which is normal, while the US version stretched that out to 53 episodes.

The same problems befell all those 90s Sentai adaptations, to the point other US shows were Frankensteining monsters and props together from multiple seasons of different shows. Season 3 of Power Rangers ultimately used FOUR different shows’ props and clips to keep going as far as it could before needing to restart everything.

The US version wasn’t “cancelled” so much as it completely ran out of Japanese footage to utilize. “Gridman” in Japan ran for 39 episodes, which is normal, while the US version stretched that out to 53 episodes.

The same problems befell all those 90s Sentai adaptations, to the point other US shows were Frankensteining monsters and props together from multiple seasons of different shows. Season 3 of Power Rangers ultimately used FOUR different shows’ props and clips to keep going as far as it could before needing to restart everything.
I see! I’m well aware of the Super Sentai adaptations and how cut and chopped up the first few seasons of MMPR was. As a kid, I never noticed, but now watching as an adult? Painfully obvious. It gets especially crazy when the White Ranger is introduced. There’s a TON of original, American footage in there too.

I never knew that about SSSS though. I just figured, “wow that was a short run, I guess it wasn’t popular”. So it just basically went the way of VR Troopers and kind of…expired then.

I see! I’m well aware of the Super Sentai adaptations and how cut and chopped up the first few seasons of MMPR was. As a kid, I never noticed, but now watching as an adult? Painfully obvious. It gets especially crazy when the White Ranger is introduced. There’s a TON of original, American footage in there too.

I never knew that about SSSS though. I just figured, “wow that was a short run, I guess it wasn’t popular”. So it just basically went the way of VR Troopers and kind of…expired then.
Pretty much. Gridman was decently popular in Japan, at least, and several new anime series have really bolstered its reputation lately. I haven't yet checked out SSSS Gridman, but I'm told it's quite good.

k1a05tf.png

Edit: He's now up for pre-order on BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Sideshow, and more.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/257403?o=1

Last edited:
Pretty much. Gridman was decently popular in Japan, at least, and several new anime series have really bolstered its reputation lately. I haven't yet checked out SSSS Gridman, but I'm told it's quite good.

k1a05tf.png

Edit: He's now up for pre-order on BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Sideshow, and more.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/257403?o=1
Yes! I need to get onboard with the newer shows. I wanna catch up with this and Guyver. $170 isn’t bad at all, kinda odd that the eyes don’t light up, or at least I think they don’t. Hopefully we can get some forms of Zenon and Drago too.

Yes! I need to get onboard with the newer shows. I wanna catch up with this and Guyver. $170 isn’t bad at all, kinda odd that the eyes don’t light up, or at least I think they don’t. Hopefully we can get some forms of Zenon and Drago too.
They list that the eyes and chest DO light up.
"The collectible figure is full of high-precision sculpted details, and LED light-up features are installed at the eyes and the chest."

A preliminary in-hand review. Overall, looks quite nice!

A few cons are the shoulders can get in the way of some poses, the suit fabric might be prone to creasing and you need to be careful when posing and stretching it, the light-up features are underwhelming, and it doesn’t really come with any effects or even a stand. But as a basic figure, it really does capture the live suit details quite accurately.

A preliminary in-hand review. Overall, looks quite nice!

A few cons are the shoulders can get in the way of some poses, the suit fabric might be prone to creasing and you need to be careful when posing and stretching it, the light-up features are underwhelming, and it doesn’t really come with any effects or even a stand. But as a basic figure, it really does capture the live suit details quite accurately.

I love it. I also agree on all the points you made as well. The light up features are right there with Threezero’s original Optimus Prime, just dim and disappointing. Hopefully it’s just the lighting or camera, but I won’t be surprised if they’re just that dim.

But excuse me?! Did I hear ratcheted joints? How cool. That means I can pose this guy however I want him (while being careful with suit limitations)!

Well I guess I know what I’m dumping the rest of my sideshow points into. What a pleasant surprise, I thought this guy wasn’t coming out until Spring ‘24. Now we just need Threezero to work their magic and come out with a Gridman Robo-Duo line. I’d be all in.

Back