Clarence D's Custom paintjobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDC10194.jpg

This is one helluva old headsculpt. Anyone remember the DML Amy? The supposed 'Jessica Alba' sculpt with the boyish hair? Decided to try my hand at repainting this in her likeness to see if there's any actual likeness...tried my best, ah well...
it's night, and all I have is the damn light from my LCD. haha! I need the sweet light of morning to come!!! HAHA!

Nice repaints man. As far as posting bigger pictures, try making a Photobucket account and uploading them there. Then just copy the IMG code in your posts here. That's what I do anyway.

By the way, thanks so much for the advice!

They look great.

Only problem I see is that you are taking your photos too close and its giving them a distorted, almost fisheyed lens look. Take the photos a bit farther back and cut them down later in a photo program.

Nice work clarenced and very daring to post so clear close up photos :)

I like the closeup in your face shots. It really shows how much talent you have ClarenceD...the texture and skin coloring is so perfect!! I don't mind the fish-eye...I want to see the paint application and they look damned perfect!! :monkey5

I like em'. I used the Amy HS for my Evy from the Mummy movies.

I like em'. I used the Amy HS for my Evy from the Mummy movies.

Hey Dwing, saw your work on those Mummy customs, solid work man! Surprisingly Amy works quite well for Evy! Maybe DML was gearing in the direction of sculpting Rachel Weisz? :confused:

SDC10227.jpg
[/IMG]

Connery from Dr. No. I so did NOT notice that blue streak at his chin! Need to correct it, but was in a hurry to post it. Once I get him on the body and correct that streak, I'll post more pics. Did this in the absence of daylight, was doing this at round 10 plus at night. HAHA!

SDC10237.jpg

SDC10247.jpg

Sith and Regular Anakins. Will post up the finished figures once I get their bodies replaced. Neck post broke!!

More close ups...

SDC10293.jpg

SDC10291.jpg

Please leave your comments, guys and gals! always willing to learn more from others.

Tried to capture her features such as her moles and stuff..the sculpt's not all that bad actually.

Used this pic as reference material for her blemishes and stuff.

66_Eliza-Dushku.jpg

Will be reworking the body and finding newer clothes..anyhone know where I can find denim jackets and jeans that fit snugly on a 1/6 scale fembody? Can't seem to find, and I can't seem to be able to find those from Triad. Any help would be good! =)

Triad's 'Colin DX' Which is really just a Jason Bourne figure. Rare bugger to find these days, but I wouldn't mind parting with him. This one was a nightmare to paint, excellent sculpt but they gave him too much of a peering squint so the eyes were a real b!#@h to paint.

SDC10301.jpg

Since everyone's doing Han Solo these days, thought I'd try a second job at Bespin Han. I think Matt Falls did a great job on the sculpt, despite the cheeks and jawline. Here's my take on him.

SDC10306.jpg

I even redid his hands

SDC10314.jpg

My Sith Anakin on a HT body. I basically cut the arm off from right under the bicep joint, cut off the joining pegs from both the arms, mixed and matched, fixed it all together and voila!

SDC10329.jpg

Back