Clarence D's Custom paintjobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarenced

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, i've been here quite a while and seeing some of the work that FML, Darkartist and Darren Carnell put out, safe to say I'm really inspired.

Here are new pics of old favourites...It started out when I was clearing out space and I found my old figures and decided to breathe new life into em, so check it out. :)

First up are my HT supermen, one of which sadly I will be giving up for sale, cos I have no space, but only once I'm done with Clark Kent's head.

I found the original headsculpts sorta perfect, if not for the yellowish tint to it, so I basically shaded the face, added some pinks, some highlights, redid the eyes and eyebrows, not to mention the hands and neck. I realised that having a uniform color wasnt gonna cut it, so I used pinks, fleshtones, mixed em all up and brushed em on, for the eyes, tho its hard to see, they are layered in black, dark blues, medium shade blues and superlight blues, topped with a thick layer of clearcoat to give em the 3D 'taxidermy sorta look,
added some very very very very, VERY slight 5'o clock shadow.

I used 2 sealants, both flat and semigloss, and that I find, actually helps with the skin texture, tho you gotta mist on on, insteada spraying direct.

Hope you guys like em..question tho, how do the rest of you post big picuters within the forums, I saeem to be able to only post small 8x6 types.

Cheers,
Clarence

Awesome work ! :rock
As for the bigger photos , right click the one you want , hit properties and copy the photos location. Then when posting click the image button on the display above where you type ( its the yellow button with a mountain and sun ) and paste the location of the image. The result will be like so...
attachment.php

Just be sure to not go too big with the images !. Keep up the great work. :rock

x2 jackman wolvie..this was something I finished in abt half an hours, might revisit him, not too sure..by the way, any of you encounter wolvie's pleather outfit cracking and splitting? mine started too... :monkey2

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.
painting's something I recently started again after a long time since I changed jobs, was doing 14 hours a day as a personal trainer in a commercial gym. I'm glad I had my passion reignited when i switched!

Think the works are good enough to put up for sale? as always, any input is good, I like to learn and change...one day I'll put up my ancient works..those were laughable! :lol

Here's my Vamp Spike and Dru.
Paled em up and bloodied em..they are, afterall vampires :monkey5

Oh yeah, and there's Lorne too! That was like so many months before embarking on supes v1 and 2..did the mottling effect. :)

Hi again, and Merry Christmas guys!
bought the loading toys craig set, decided he was too dull looking, so I worked on him, right before my Christmas party! took me about an hour.

and... here...we..go....

(still not getting how to have the whole picture displayed tho)

Anyone know where i can get the following

Brosnan Bond,
Army of Darkness Ash
Van Helsing
Anna Velarious

i mean, other than ebay...

I just stumbled across this thread. WOW! I love your repaint you have mad skillz. When you say that you used sealant to get the skin texture, I would love to know when...before during or after the face has been finished?

I just stumbled across this thread. WOW! I love your repaint you have mad skillz. When you say that you used sealant to get the skin texture, I would love to know when...before during or after the face has been finished?

Hi there. THANKS! well, for me I use my sealant before (when I've laid down all the colors for the face and the eyes) during (when i've laid down the tones for the face, the eyes and the stubble, if need be) and after, just a misting of both semi-gloss and flat coat. Finally its the detailing like glossing the lips, eyes and tear duct of the eyes.. call me obsessive.. :rotfl

Will be posting up more headsculpts later on today =)

Nice repaints man. As far as posting bigger pictures, try making a Photobucket account and uploading them there. Then just copy the IMG code in your posts here. That's what I do anyway.

Now, can anyone tell me what's the best setting on the digicam to take close ups? I use macro but I always seem to end up with the walleye vision thing...sorta hate that. And how do the rest of you come up with such great close up shots with great lighting? I don't have a light box or anything else to reflect light properly on the sculpts.

Last edited:
SDC101582.jpg

Palpatine. Sorry bout the bad pics, was rushing to take em..I'll probably retake all of the pics under better lighting, more to come!

Back