Cinemaquette Underworld: Evolution - Marcus 1:3 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You better go check again man cause I got #22 :horror. I'm not sure if the eyes are decal or painted, but if you guys look real close at the pupils, are yours just slightly off when looking straight on? That's the only thing I noticed. Not SS googly eyes bad, but noticeable . I figure if they are all like that, they are decals.

:lol Yep just checked it's #21. As for the eyes I can't really tell, they look really good to me.

Just received the Lycan no.133 - He's incredible, pictures don't do him justice. Very happy I was able to get mine from a great little site from France, before everyone put their prices up :)

image1.PNG.jpg

Cool! You have a lot of nice stuff, iamgroot! Thanks for sharing; the Lycan looks phenomenal and at home with the rest of your Collectibles.

Happy collecting!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lol Yep just checked it's #21. As for the eyes I can't really tell, they look really good to me.

the pupils on mine are just a smidge off. There is a tiny dimple on the right decal too, so mine is just a little misaligned. I know it's nitpicky....and most prolly wouldn't have even noticed :panic:

I would have noticed too Azurepred. Most of us are picky round here right? I'll bet you could work out the "dimples" or bubbles under the decal with a heat gun then smooth them out. Just my 2 cents though..

Yea, I defn don't think it's worth asking for a replacement or anything, but I think the small dimple would bother me more than the misaligned pupil. Not sure what I would use to try and smooth it out without damaging the decal. I tried just using my finger, didn't do much.

Maybe a clean pencil eraser would work? Or a plastic squeegee like used when getting bubbles out from underneath iPad screen protectors. Either way you'd probably want to have it wet so it slides on the decal without damaging it. Hopefully a pro will chime in here with some good advice for you.

i did actually, i noticed the back of the tongue wasn't painted. Your right, it should be and i expect perfection from these guys.

Not sure what I will be doing, but here is the response I got for a replacement:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your email. I usually don't personally reply to emails, but when I read you email today I thought it would be best to personally contact you. I understand that you have some issues with the Lycan bust and hopefully we can come to some remedy to satisfy you on these issues. We don't have any more Lycans and by the sound of it, I don't think you are asking for a refund. If you are, you are totally within your 30 day window to return the item for a full refund. Even if we had another piece to replace it with, I need to personally point out that some of these issues are commonly found on all of the pieces so another replacement may not totally address all of the issues.

For the records, the eyes are all hand painted, not decals. They are not meant to be viewed at close range such as on a human face. The eyes are position outward on the side of the face so like on a dog or similar animal the pupils are not painted identically on both sides. If you view the Bust from far range, you will see that both pupils will be starring at the same point on the wall. However, at close range, one will always be more angled than the other. This is an intentional effect. Please stand at least 12 feet from the bust and then have another look at the eyes. Even the Paint Master done by Casey Love was done this way.

The dimple in the eye is caused by the clear epoxy curing. Since they are all had done and the epoxy is all hand laid, there may be some imperfections or elements than may contaminate the curing process. It is possible that a spec of dust may have settled in that area causing the surface of the eye to dimple when the epoxy cured. Again, this can be seen a several piece, not only the one you own.

As for the inside of the mouth, they are all painted, but the difference is that the inner though was not glossed. In fact, none of them are, so even if we had a replacement for you, you may not be satisfied with this area since all of them are the same.

With all of this being said, you are still welcome to return the piece if you are just totally not satisfied with it. If you rather have those issues that you pointed out to be done to your desire, you can ship it back to us and we will make both sides of the eyes to be identical and gloss the inner parts of the mouth. However, you will be owning something different than the rest of the production. Altering the original design to having it to the way you want it may result in devaluing the items. We just need to bring this to your attention. If you never plan on selling it and keeping it for your personal collection, then we are welcome to make the changes for you. You will need to pack up the item and return it to our shipping address. Please advise if this is something you wish to do and a representative will contact you. We also noticed that there is now phone number on file in your account. Please provide us with a phone number should you wish to return the item. We will need to call you to make arrangements prior to you sending the item back to us.

Feel free to email us back if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
George Sohn
Cinemaquette Founder

Sounds like he's telling you to deal with it. I'd return it no matter how much I wanted it my collection. It shouldn't have those issues.

he did say they would fix those issues for me. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of packing it back up or not. I told him I'll sleep on it.

Is George saying you can ship it back for a free partial repaint? It sounds like you'll have to pay for return shipping, but I would definitely consider that option. Maybe Steve Wang will touch it up for you. :panic:

They need to send you a pre paid label to take it back and then repaint it for you. You should not have to cover the shipping cost to send it back. Ask them to cover the cost.

Back