Cinemaquette Underworld: Evolution - Marcus 1:3 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he did say they would fix those issues for me. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of packing it back up or not. I told him I'll sleep on it.
He did, but he was trying awfully hard to get you to keep it as is. It's shocking they didn't make a couple extra just in case of an exchange being needed. The company has a lot to lear

I don't know if this is also the Lycan thread but I will post it here anyway and if it isn't then I apologise and could the mods please move to the correct thread, thanks.

I just received #221/500. I can't believe how real this thing looks and how big the box was [emoji38] I am going to take pics later if the sun ever comes out as its a bit dark at the moment to get a decent shot. I have already been bitten by it as I banged my head off the teeth when I was getting up from putting it in the base, so I hope it's not a full moon tonight [emoji51]

My Fiancé is going to freak out when she gets home and sees this sitting on the dining room table as it is so realistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
my eyes don't look like that either. All the eyes were painted according to the owner. I think it all has to do with the amount of clear epoxy each one has cause it's obvious the amount some of these have is different. I can't even see the pupils in these new pics and I think I see a similar dimple in the eyes as I have. The pupils are prolly there, just seems like there is more clear epoxy on these eyes.

Your lycan eyes look nothing like mine yours look painted mine look like decals. I got a lower edition in the 20s not sure if they decided to start painting them? But check out my review and check my lycan eyes out. The Lycan Bust! - YouTube

The eyes on mine are weird as it is hard to see any pupils like on your video. I have the dimples like azurepred but can hardly see the pupils. I touched the eye and it feels more like a decal as it felt raised and like there was air bubbles behind it. Not sure what to do about the eyes, they don't bother me but they look strange without pupils.

The eyes on mine are weird as it is hard to see any pupils like on your video. I have the dimples like azurepred but can hardly see the pupils. I touched the eye and it feels more like a decal as it felt raised and like there was air bubbles behind it. Not sure what to do about the eyes, they don't bother me but they look strange without pupils.

Yea just thought I point out to you how mine looked. But if they don't bother you than that's great but if they do I'm sure they can help you out.

Those eyes look like crap, sorry but they do. What's with the yellow around thr eye in that one pic? Everything else looks good.

this is the first one I have seen without any pupils. Mine are off just a smidge, but they are very clear

I took a pic with flash on and he does have pupils but they are hard to see in normal light as there is a lot of reflection

View attachment 174069

View attachment 174070

Still not that noticeable but they are there. As for the yellow bit I can touch that up at some point. Thanks guys for all your input.

Not sure what I will be doing, but here is the response I got for a replacement:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your email. I usually don't personally reply to emails, but when I read you email today I thought it would be best to personally contact you. I understand that you have some issues with the Lycan bust and hopefully we can come to some remedy to satisfy you on these issues. We don't have any more Lycans and by the sound of it, I don't think you are asking for a refund. If you are, you are totally within your 30 day window to return the item for a full refund. Even if we had another piece to replace it with, I need to personally point out that some of these issues are commonly found on all of the pieces so another replacement may not totally address all of the issues.

For the records, the eyes are all hand painted, not decals. They are not meant to be viewed at close range such as on a human face. The eyes are position outward on the side of the face so like on a dog or similar animal the pupils are not painted identically on both sides. If you view the Bust from far range, you will see that both pupils will be starring at the same point on the wall. However, at close range, one will always be more angled than the other. This is an intentional effect. Please stand at least 12 feet from the bust and then have another look at the eyes. Even the Paint Master done by Casey Love was done this way.

The dimple in the eye is caused by the clear epoxy curing. Since they are all had done and the epoxy is all hand laid, there may be some imperfections or elements than may contaminate the curing process. It is possible that a spec of dust may have settled in that area causing the surface of the eye to dimple when the epoxy cured. Again, this can be seen a several piece, not only the one you own.

As for the inside of the mouth, they are all painted, but the difference is that the inner though was not glossed. In fact, none of them are, so even if we had a replacement for you, you may not be satisfied with this area since all of them are the same.

With all of this being said, you are still welcome to return the piece if you are just totally not satisfied with it. If you rather have those issues that you pointed out to be done to your desire, you can ship it back to us and we will make both sides of the eyes to be identical and gloss the inner parts of the mouth. However, you will be owning something different than the rest of the production. Altering the original design to having it to the way you want it may result in devaluing the items. We just need to bring this to your attention. If you never plan on selling it and keeping it for your personal collection, then we are welcome to make the changes for you. You will need to pack up the item and return it to our shipping address. Please advise if this is something you wish to do and a representative will contact you. We also noticed that there is now phone number on file in your account. Please provide us with a phone number should you wish to return the item. We will need to call you to make arrangements prior to you sending the item back to us.

Feel free to email us back if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
George Sohn
Cinemaquette Founder

Azurepred, I don't think that if they repaint it that it would lose it's value after it would be considered a manufacturer repaint like getting an original manufacturer part for a car. Now if you repaint it or had someone else repaint it that would be another story. I would say that if you let them do it make sure you keep all documentation of them doing it for later proof that it was a Cinamaquette job in the event that you want to sell it in the future. I think it would be considered even more valuable, almost like an artist proof or a custom job by Cinamaquette because it would be unique to the existing editions. Shoot while they are at it maybe you could have them do others things that may even enhance it for you specifically since they are willing to fix it to your specs. If they will pay for shipping I think it's worth it and you will have your own artist proof bust (sort of) but still unique from the company that made it.

FYI maybe even ask that they document the artist that will be working on it-could be Steve Wang and then that would be even cooler!

There is nothing wrong with the quality of the bust it is only a minor issue that can be fixed but the paint on the bust and base is flawless. Like I said the eyes don't bother me and the bit below the eye can be touched up easily. This has to be seen in person to be appreciated as no amount of pictures or videos can show the awesomeness of this thing in hand.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of the bust it is only a minor issue that can be fixed but the paint on the bust and base is flawless. Like I said the eyes don't bother me and the bit below the eye can be touched up easily. This has to be seen in person to be appreciated as no amount of pictures or videos can show the awesomeness of this thing in hand.

Totally agree with you on this, Chris! I'm still mesmerized at how awesome this bust is when I go into my room. Even with its minor imperfections ( if you are a true nitpicking person) it's the best collectible I have in my collection! I truly love this piece and feel it's was worth the money. And the fact that they are willing to repaint something for someone says a lot about the company's stand on their product.

Best of luck!

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

i haven't heard back from George, I may call them next week, but even as is, a tiny dimple and a 1mm off pupil prolly won't kill me when everything else is awesome. Your avatar pic with the flash on doesn't help our case though Max

i haven't heard back from George, I may call them next week, but even as is, a tiny dimple and a 1mm off pupil prolly won't kill me when everything else is awesome. Your avatar pic with the flash on doesn't help our case though Max

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Back