Cinemaquette Aragorn up for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not set up - but this shows the adjusted hair line...funny, reading my previous posts - his eyebrows aren't real obvious, but they do match Viggo's pretty well.

CMQ_ara1.jpg

CMQ_ara2.jpg

See, those pics support my belief that this piece can't be judged by photographs on the internet. No disrespect to your photographic skills meant, Darklord, but for whatever reason, those particular shots fail to showcase the realism of the piece. If you see it in person, you come away wowed by how like-like it is.

Dave, the hairline on my piece matches yours, so I have a hard time believing they had to do a running adjustment. Mine is #26, I ordered it the day after I got the notification that it was available from Cinemaquette, and as there were 25 APs (which I assume were #1-25), when exactly did they adjust it?

The prototype and some early pics had the hairline coming straight across his forehead. This comes in slightly on the forehead.

there have been pics people took when they first received them that showed the bad hairline so they did change that since the early ones.

i would love to have this but the only way I'll drop that much loot on a collectible is for a CM Vader or Indy.

It does look better than those earlier pics from months past but I'm still not seeing much of VM in there. It probably does look better in person and when viewing the entire statue at once, though.

I would think he looks way better in person. Honestly, I think the camera lens distorts the image a bit if the picture is taken up close and also flash drains all the color from a subject like this. Sometimes it is really hard to tell how things really look unless you see them in person unfortunately.

I picked up the Aragorn cinemaquette today from my local comic book shop. The likeness on this piece is excellent, but I think this has to be seen with the naked eye to fully appreciate it.

I got number 31

Colin

I picked up the Aragorn cinemaquette today from my local comic book shop. The likeness on this piece is excellent, but I think this has to be seen with the naked eye to fully appreciate it.

I got number 31

Colin

I totally agree! I've sold off most of my WETA stuff, but I'd never sell the Cinemaquette.

I honestly still don't see the appeal in this piece, or any of the cinemaquette's really, except for a select couple. I don't think I would ever spend as much cash on a piece as this costs anyway, and the fact that the likeness is off to me anyway just makes it that much easier. I'll take my Aragorn PF anyday. No offense at all meant to anyone who has this, if your in love with it more power to you and congrats, it's just not for me.

I haven't got him set up yet as I haven't got a display case to do this piece justice yet. I do keep opening the box to have a good look though.

Once I found out that this piece was £599.99, I did not hesitate to get it! I don't feel guilty about spending that amount on this piece as I have spent more on some of the Weta pieces on the secondary market like Orthanc and WIKI statue etc.

It is just such a great piece. I hope cinemaquette bring out more LOTR pieces. I heard a while back that Gandalf and Legolas may be getting the cinemaquette treatment, but haven't heard anything since.

Colin

I haven't got him set up yet as I haven't got a display case to do this piece justice yet. I do keep opening the box to have a good look though.

Once I found out that this piece was £599.99, I did not hesitate to get it! I don't feel guilty about spending that amount on this piece as I have spent more on some of the Weta pieces on the secondary market like Orthanc and WIKI statue etc.

It is just such a great piece. I hope cinemaquette bring out more LOTR pieces. I heard a while back that Gandalf and Legolas may be getting the cinemaquette treatment, but haven't heard anything since.

Colin

£599.99? thats a really good price! Where did you get it?

Your crazy if you can't see the appeal in any of the cinemaquette pieces.

I didn't say all of the cinemaquette's. A select few are pretty good, like the Terminator ones. But I still can't justify spending upwards of the $1000 dollar mark for one piece, when I can get probably 3 PF's for that price.

£599.99? thats a really good price! Where did you get it?

I got it from Forbidden Planet in Glasgow. It was the last one and it had been on display, but apart from that it is great!

I'm really chuffed with it!

COlin

Again, great pick-up ifu03612 !
Not to beat a dead horse, but this piece REALLY has to be seen in person to be appreciated. I know a lot of people think the Sideshow Aragorn PF is the best Viggo likeness out there, but I have them both, and the Cinemaquette is hands down the best. I'm really reluctant to take or post pics, as they generally don't do it justice. I have mine displayed in a custom-made acrylic case, and it would be the last LOTR collectible I would ever sell.

Back